Skip to main content

Hello,

I don't know if it's just me or if this has been happening to others as well, but before joining up with Auctiva I had so-so sales. A few items a week and at the very least a few questions about items, but since joining Auctiva about 3 weeks ago everything has totally and undeniably died off. I haven't had so much as a question since joining and my traffic is all but non existent. It's as if I just quit selling and removed all my listings and for the life of me I can't figure out why.

If it doesn't stop I WILL quit because I have no desires to make only Auctiva and eBay richer. I know I won't get rich on a few sales a week, but I can't even pay for listings this way.

What gives?
Gettin old ain't for sissies so drop in at jories2ndstory.com
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Perhaps I'm mis-interpreting your comment, but there's very little way that Auctiva could affect your sales (unless you made a custom template that truly sux) and certainly they aren't getting rich off your listings (but ebay certainly is).

Business seems to be down across the board. Ebay changes seem to be the most immediate culprit. How are your DSR's? Are you getting buried by best match?

Auctiva is the last place in the process to blame. I'd be out of business without it.

My $0.02.
I'm not particularly blaming Auctiva.. Maybe it's coincidence but everything just died right when I joined. I made no custom anything that could possibly drive every single look away. I'm not even getting looks at this point and though business is down somewhat there has to be a reason behind this. It's been about 3 weeks without so much as a question...nodda, zilch! Something has gone wrong, but where the heck do ya look? I haven't slammed ebay like some sellers have so I can't believe that's it. I haven't really slammed Auctiva except this post so that ain't it. The only thing I do know is business just automatically died the minute I joined Auctiva.. Why? No answers..
I would think this would improve things.. That certainly would make sense..

J
Business IS most definitely down everywhere, but I find it odd that yours has suddenly tanked so badly??? It's not Auctiva, that's for sure but I think Thurston (above post)
may be on to something with Best Match...it's terrible for all of us. All I can suggest is using key words to your advantage in your titles, take up every space...it doesen't even have to be a coherent sentence Smile
Better luck in the future!
Confused I think it's maybe the best match thing, Face it ebay just dumped us. The small sellers that made ebay. This reminds me so much of the old yahoo auction, btw I have had 2 listings canceled because of counterfeit stuff, lol snap-on tools There was nothing wrong but I can't get anyone to answer my e/mails, Maybe this is another way of eliminating the small buyers to make room for the big mall I heard about with power sellers as vendors..
Well, things were looking up yesterday. I did get a bid on an item and several people watching others. Plus a few questions about still others so things are looking up quite a bit all on one day, but today unfortunately brought zero sales.. At least it is at least getting nibbles again. That's a HUGE relief!
You said it yourself, j2s: "since...about 3 weeks ago" is when eBay rolled out these fabulous new changes. The fact that you started using Auctiva then is mere coincidence. I know when I joined it only increased my sales. God, I miss those days. The other part of the equation is the economy in general. The irony is that it is yielding lots of newbie sellers trying to make an extra buck and they couldn't have picked a worse time to come aboard.
Its definitely the best match garbage that ebay has come up with. Hopefully there are still a lot of people out there that will click it over to ending soonest which is what it should be set to by default anyway seeing as how it is supposed to be an " Auction " site. But hey!, if ebay wants to slither ever so slowly into obscurity and be just a plain jane along with amazon and all the others...more power to them..another actual " Auction " site will rise up sooner or later to take its place. But then the all mighty dollar will charm them too and the process will just repeat itself. Just my 2 cents!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.