Skip to main content

i emailed this question to customer service awhile back and the answer was no. wondering if anyone has figured out (or even tried) to do it?

i love all of the options for templates but on the darker backgrounds the wording is too hard to see. anyone else out there prefer white or light colored backgrounds?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi,

Well, in old HTML a background color code would be bgcolor=#FFFFFF (that's an example of white background).

In CSS, your looking for style coding on elements, e.g. style="background-color: #FFFFFF;".

Auctiva's template might do either (or both), so it's a matter of sorting through the template. Typically they use a main table for the whole template, and that table is actually one of the 1st (if not the 1st thing at the top). Look there 1st for bgcolor= coding or that style= coding.

If you pick one and can seem to locate the code, just post the template name and I or someone familiar with coding can give it a look.

Danno
Ok, I posted something similar because I am new to the Auctiva community. Then I found this thread.

Can someone please help me customize the Celtic Dragon template?

http://www.auctiva.com/listings/templates/template_prev...agon&i=1&a=0&g=0&d=1

I would like the background black and the font the same color as the current back ground. I've tried going to customize template and pasting the code in there, however I receive TOO many errors going about it this way.

I'd be grateful for a some assistance on doing this. Smile

Thank you!
Hi Matt,

The background of that template is actually done with images on white background. That's probably why you're having difficultly as it's images and the structure to support the images.

Does that alter what you're considering for changes? It is possible to place the images on a black background "000000", as the main table is currently set to white "ffffff". That should at least fill the edges and gaps with black. That code is at the beginning of the template within the first table definition. Look for bgcolor="ffffff" and change the f's to 0's (zeroes).

Danno

Edit: I see that the template code is still corrupted from last week's problem. I did manually make the change I suggest (white to black) and fix the link bugs, but it had absolutely no visual difference to the template.
Last edited by danno
Hi Jon,

That green is both a background color and a background picture. The color is #43a740. The picture is http://ti2.auctiva.com/tia/12271/stockcar_bg3.gif.

I removed both and replaced the background with white FFFFFF. Here's the template at practicewriter.

http://practicewriter.com/vu/?5716A

Because the text color was white on green, I flipped the text colors to black #000000.

Danno
Last edited by danno
quote:
so now, how do i get the new info (url) into the custom template?

Hi,

If you mean move it from practicewriter to Auctiva for Custom template, click on the "Edit this document" link at the bottom bar below the template. That will produce a new page that includes the HTML code in a window above the template for copy and paste to Auctiva's template editor. You could just create a new template with that method.

Danno
Hi Beth,

The reason your having problems with the background color is in part due to Auctiva using images for alot of the template background.

Here is the upper left corner, as example.

That does present a problem in doing a color replacement, as it would require editing of all the border images to replace the color. That reddish brown is color #c30004, which they set as the background color in the central area of the template.

Danno

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.