Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Community,

We were receiving an increased number of image uploading complaints around the time the posts on this thread was made and we found that one of our servers was using up more memory than it should, so that may have been causing the problems described on this thread.

We reset that server about 15 minutes ago so hopefully you will see things improve in this regard.

If you continue to have trouble uploading images, I recommend contacting our customer support team using the web form on the following page: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike
have to add my own complaint here too im afraid
5 listing PC's. trying both Firefox and IE and problems are erratic, occasionally it will work one time and then, in 5 min intervals, will take 4-5 times before working again
tried reloading pages but to no effect
often after failing it will ask you to call your webmaster, whatever that is i dont know
normally it will upload a picture, take a minuite sometimes 2 or more while it is 'waiting for a response from server' and then will either work or fail.
and i have to say i agree with iceman, this new uploader is very glitchy at best.

rob
It seemed to not be working Thursday (10 day listing for the Sunday finish), then not working again now (7 day listing for the Sunday finish), whereas seemed to work fairly well Friday. Seems not to be able to cope, and is basically unuseable if you are trying to work as a business. Nice while it lasted but seems to indicate I need a more robust solution? Is there one?
We have also been having problems since Thursday. Mainly seems to be with uploading photos though. I saw that someone from Auctiva responded on Thursday that the problem was hopefully fixed. Obviously not! If we can't upload photos, we can't get listings done! I agree, at least a status update from Auctiva to let us know they realize there's a problem and they are trying to fix it would be GREAT. I know it's the weekend and I would rather not be working either, but that's the way it is!
update reported to support , and got this

Hello.

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. It sounds like this issue is being caused by corrupt temporary internet files.

In order to clear your cache in your Firefox web browser, please select "Clear Private Data" from the "Tools" menu, ensure the boxes next to "cache" and "cookies" are checked, and then click the "Clear Private Data Now" button. Once this process has been completed, close and re-open your Firefox web browser for the changes to take effect. Also, please ensure that only one browser window is open when you are doing this or your cache may not empty properly

Thank you
Auctiva Support

now sorry i tryed this before , but just done again and no luck ,its not me its not this computer as ive tryed 3
Hi Community,

Thanks for letting us know about this. While some of you may be having trouble uploading images due to problems beyond your control, I suspect there are others posting here that will have much better luck if they reduce the sizes of their images prior to uploading. In order to get the most reliable performance out of the HTML Uploader (which is the uploader on the listing creation page), the most important thing is to make sure your images have dimensions no greater than 1024 DPI.

If you are trying to upload images with dimensions greater than 1024 DPI, you may be able to upload them successfully at times when there is relatively little traffic on our uploading service. However, it is likely you will have trouble when trying to upload those same images during peak times when there is more traffic on our uploading service.

That being said, we have had an unprecedented surge of growth during the holiday season and we are working feverishly to put the necessary measures in place to keep our uploading service as reliable as possible. We are making some significant changes to our uploading system as part of our next site update that will take place on or around 12/16/08 and we expect that you will see noticeable improvements in this area following that update.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our customer support team using the web form on the following page: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.