Skip to main content

I'm fine with using eBay's hosting for images. Afterall, it's free. I just need a vehicle for getting them up there and married to my listings.

Is there a way to post a listing, through Auctiva, and have the images go to eBay's hosting such that the images show at the very top of the listing (like eBay images always do), but not have them within the body of the listing?

It seems like, to do this would require Auctiva to offer their templates with the option of being image empty. And then, after Auctiva posts the listing to eBay, Auctiva would delete the images from their servers.

This would be a huge benefit for many of us. Many of us are fine with eBay's hosting of images, but we want to use all of the other great services of Auctiva with our listing postings, and we simply need an easy way of getting the images up there.

If I'm fine with eBay's hosting of images, I don't want to pay for Auctiva image storage.

Thoughts?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ok, I think I got it figured out.
I simply upload the pics to Auctiva, and set them to auto delete in 15 days.

Then I select the listing option to enable eBay's optional image hosting, and uncheck the option for using Auctiva's gallery.

I think that's it. The images then auto delete in 15 days, and I get to use all of Auctiva's great features, without running out of image space.
I assume that when the images auto delete from Auctiva in 15 days, my auctiva generated listing will still point to the eBay images....correct?

However, I know that eBay deletes their images, if they are not accessed over a 3 consecutive day period. So, if I need to relist the listing, I need to do it within 3 days of listing end, such that my listing continues to show eBay that the images need to stay alive and active. Is that right? make sense?
Hi PhilthyCollins,

Thanks for posting your question here. Yes, in order to make it so your images show up at the top of your listings (but not within the description) as you have described when listing through Auctiva, you just need to leave the “Auctiva Image Selection” section on the lister page blank and only select your images in the “Optional eBay Gallery Images” section below.

Although you will need to upload your images into Auctiva or another external image host initially in order to select them through the “Optional eBay Gallery Images” section, eBay will copy them to their photo hosting system as soon as your items are posted.

Therefore, if you do not intend to repost these items anew from your Saved Listings page, you could delete these images from Auctiva or any other image host you may have used any time thereafter. However, if you were to delete the images in that manner, they would no longer remain on file with the saved listings associated with the items.

If you do not need to keep your images on file with the saved listings for your items and would prefer to delete them, I agree that using the image auto-delete feature within Auctiva to ensure you do not have to delete your images manually would be a good idea.

I am under the impression that eBay will maintain any Gallery images associated with your listings for as long as they can be relisted, which is generally 90 days from when they close according to the following page of eBay's help index:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/relist.html

I am not aware of any policies that would cause eBay to delete the Gallery images used in a listing as a result of not being accessed for 3 consecutive days, but perhaps another member of our Community who is familiar with that will be able to clarify how it might relate to this situation.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.