Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Shan,

The new Auctiva website is completly free to sellers. No monthly fee, no % of sales.

We're able to do this by partnering with other third party companies. For instance, we've negotiated a better rate for shipping insurance than what you could get at the USPS. When the buyer then goes through the checkout process, if they select shipping insurance, Auctiva is able to earn revenue from the discounted rates we have. And, not only are we making money at that point, but we share some of the profits with the seller. So, the site is free and sellers can make additional money.

We also have partnered with Sellathon counters. They have offered our customers a free version of their counter. If sellers want to upgrade to Sellathon's premium counter tracking, Auctiva would then get a revenue share from Sellathon.

Hope this helps clear up the cost issue a little. Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Kevin
Kevin, If Auctiva is now free, why did I get an email from Auctiva on 6/29/05 with my "summary of recent charges" and that "the total owed ($29.95) will be charged to your credit card..."? When did you supposedly go "FREE"?
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Kevin K.:
Shan,

The new Auctiva website is completly free to sellers. No monthly fee, no % of sales.

We're able to do this by partnering with other third party companies. For instance, we've negotiated a better rate for shipping insurance than what you could get at the USPS. When the buyer then goes through the checkout process, if they select shipping insurance, Auctiva is able to earn revenue from the discounted rates we have. And, not only are we making money at that point, but we share some of the profits with the seller. So, the site is free and sellers can make additional money.

We also have partnered with Sellathon counters. They have offered our customers a free version of their counter. If sellers want to upgrade to Sellathon's premium counter tracking, Auctiva would then get a revenue share from Sellathon.

Hope this helps clear up the cost issue a little. Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Kevin
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Kevin K.:
Shan,

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Kevin

I don't understand how the insurance thing works. When I go to the post office I pay full price for insurance. Is this for click and ship online?
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Tom T.:
You pay us $1.05 per $100 in insurance.

You charge your customer whatever you want.

no no
I understand THAT.

How do I get the insurance on the package?

::Edited to add::
there's a current thread by someone who's mad about being charged for insurance she didn't collect--

this is what I'm talking about.
I don't want to put insurance options on my check out if I have no way of using the service. It's an extra charge.
Last edited by abby
Hi,

If you are using Auctiva shipping insurance options and the buyer pays you for insurance via the Auctiva checkout process, we automatically purchase the shipping insurance for you.

That is why after the buyer pays you $1.30 per $100 of insurance, you owe Auctiva $1.05 to pay for the actual insurance.

If the buyer then needs to file a claim, they can do it from our online claim form. You can find the claim form and more info on our shipping insurance FAQ page:

http://www.auctiva.com/help/faqshipping.aspx

Let me know if that helps clear this up a little. I know that the whole shipping insurance process can be a little confusing on our site.

-Kevin
quote:
Originally posted by ziastarr:
quote:
That is why after the buyer pays you $1.30 per $100 of insurance, you owe Auctiva $1.05 to pay for the actual insurance.

So then do we get billed for that monthly or does it somehow get sent right to Auctiva?

Not monthly. Just when auction ends and the buyer goes through the checkout and selects "shipping insurance". BUT you have to have your checkout settings in Auctiva set to "shipping insurance Optional" so that way they can chose or not chose to buy insurance.

It works great for me. The only confusion I had at the beginning was when I went to "view transactions" through Auctiva I saw that I had to purchase the insurance manually. When I went to purchase it, it stated the minimum you can place in your auctiva account is $5. Once I did that the insurance for each item was deducted automatically. $1.05 each time. IF the buyer chose to pay for insurance.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.