Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by AL:
Donna ... that is so cool

How did you make that?

Dadgummit!
I'm trying to get my logo in my sig and keep <hitting head against wall> scuuuhrewing it up.

When I hit my 10,000 feedback <big proud smile> I went looking for a beautiful pic I could put on my ME page and in auctions. Hey, it's a proud moment and I wanted something to grab my customer's eye.

And I found this graphic free to use and will get you the link if you want it. This person has mice with other numbers as in 100, 500, 1000 etc.

It makes me smile, but then again, it doesn't take much.

GOOD LUCK!
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by AL:
I didn't think about putting it in my auctions.

You think ebay viewers will think I am bragging if I put it at the bottom of my auction page.

I am allowed to use this link for that purpose

I used it for about 2 months in my auctions. I never thought about it as bragging..well, maybe I did because I was so proud.

What I hoped it did was give buyers a sense of protection. That if a seller had gotten that far in selling then they must have done something right along the way.

You have FEEEEEEEEDDDDBAAAACK! Hopefully I'll be the 10,000th! It's the little things in life that make me happy!

It takes eBay soooooooooooooo long to upgrade the feedback if it's positive. I'll be watching throughout the day for it to bump up to the big 10,000!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Donna
I started when I was 49 yrs old part time and list 14 items the first time and sold them all.

At the time I have a flower delivery business so ebay was more of a weekend hobby.

But I kept selling whatever I listed so after deducting my expenses for the flower delivery business I felt I could make just as much on ebay full time so that is what I did

It was good for a while but ebay kept changing rules and charging more on fees. Then more sellers came a long especially the big corporations so ebay got more involved with them than the little guys who helped kicked it in gear.

That is why it took me 7 yrs to get it which is why I am glad I finally reached that goal.

Like someone said earlier there were a lot of ebayers who did not leave feedbacks and then I have over 13,000 but that doesn't count as those were the extra ones from same bidders

Now I am 56 yrs old and a stay-home Grandpa as I watch one stay-home 9 yr old Grandson. So I will just keep plugging a long and try to reach the next star by age 70!
Al,

Congrats on reaching such a huge milestone. I am just getting started, feedback of 7 right now, and am encourged by your accomplishment. I hope to make this a full time job so I can quit my computer programming job and stop the 1 hour comute each way every day.

I was just listening to the eBay Radio Ask Griff Show and durring the whole two hours feedback dominated all the calls. There are three other radio shows as well and all are archived online so you can listen when you want or even listen live online. I have learned quite a bit from just listening to them.

Donna, could you send me a link to thoes stars? It would be nice to have them avaliable when I hit the various levels as I grow my business.

Kaytrim
Al...it seems that we started just about the same time, tho when I started in '98 I only bought (vintage art supplies) My brother got me on to this, he started selling in 3/97 and made a lot of money, he was severely addicted to it for years. Because of the changes you mention, he's pretty apathetic now, and even got his first NFB a couple of months ago. I didn't come here to sell until December (full time, first experimental sale was in October). Prior I was selling in shops, galleries, shows...I only came here because all those venues were way down and the shops were all closing. I saw similar items going for big money and I knew I could paint much better than that. The month of February I sold about 60 items and made just over $700. I thought I'd die of enthusiasm. Everything listed = everything sold. I feel like a kid playing store. I just sent something to France today. Ebay is definitely a very different place than back in the day and it's pretty diluted. You really have to know your keywords to find good stuff and list your stuff so that it sells. I'm amazed that anything sells at all, how many things do buyers have to choose from anyway? I'm very grateful to sites such as this and Sellathon, etc for the service they provide. My sales did suffer with the IT issues but so what? They're back up now and I guess that just proves that it wasn't me....over 10,000 whoa, that's amazing, it's nice that there is a way to keep track of all this. I mean how else would you know how many items you sold (in all reality?) Good luck to you, I hope today is your day! Tracy Jo

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.