Skip to main content

When I go back to my saved listings, there is no description whatsoever. I click over to html and it says "null".

My browser just updated to IE 10. Prior to the update, I could edit saved listings, and there was no problem. Description came up as normal.

Is there a setting I can change on IE or something? This doesn't happen, btw, when I use Chrome. But Chrome has some lags/difficulties when I upload photos.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

We have been experiencing these issues for quite some time now....months. Auctiva has major compatibility issues with IE10 and there are totally different issues with uploading photos such as the photo uploader has compatibility issues with Java.
Having to use different browsers for different listing features *browser jumping* has been somewhat common and most of us have been doing it for some time as there has been no fixes to any of these issues nor has there been any time frames given when such fixes will be made.

And switching to the "new" editor, not sure which you are using, does NOT fix any of these issues and has issues of it's own.

We are all still waiting on fixes too. All we have are work arounds....browser jumping.

You can go back here on the boards and read other threads on these issues.
Last edited by trinkets
Yeah, I just saw that there were some other threads concerning this issue.

I'm surprised that it hasn't been addressed by auctiva.

I'm actually, considering dumping auctiva anyway, because I initially signed up so I could save that 10 cent fee for scheduling thru ebay. But now that I've opened a store, and post more BIN's than auctions, AND since ebay upped the store fees, it might be time to cut my losses here.
Hi random brunette,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with respect to the description editor.

The older version of the description editor which is currently enabled in your account is actually no longer being updated by the Developer, so we do not anticipate an update becoming available that will cause that version of the editor to function with Internet Explorer 10.0.

Therefore, if you would like to be able to create your descriptions using Internet Explorer 10.0, you will need to update to the newer description editor we have available by mousing over the “My Account” tab, selecting the “Account Preferences” option under “Settings”, checking the box next to “Use Design Editor v2.0” and then clicking the “Update Account Preferences” button below.

We have been gradually working to phase out the older version of the description editor you are using for a while and, as a result, it will not be possible to change back to that version of the editor if you update to the newer one at this time.

If you would like to continue using the older version of the editor for the time being, you should still be able to do so by using an alternate browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. If you would like to try the Firefox browser, it can be downloaded at no cost from: http://www.mozilla.com

If you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the “Help” tab within your account and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike
Hi trinkets,

A vast majority of the software that powers our site is developed in house, but certain features (such as our description editors and image uploaders) are purchased from other specialized service providers and then integrated into our service.

The newer version of the description editor that is available on our site is actually developed by the same company who created the older one that is still enabled in some accounts and, as I mentioned, updated no further updates are expected for the older one.

-Mike
So let me understand this.... the reality is that nothing has been sent to the technicians to be fixed since now you are saying the uploader and editors are not even Auctiva's.

So for months we have been waiting for Auctiva to fix these issues because they said they were and it has been said the tech staff is working on it and now they can't because it is up to and has always been up to the developers as they are not actually Auctiva programs at all.

Is that correct??

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.