Skip to main content

Old timer with EBay and went through it's growing pains. Auctiva has great concepts, BUT, it is a difficult site to use. HTML, cut and paste, blah, blah is not condusive to keeping non techies happy. Maybe start with some simple basics and let the people graduate to more intricate sales procedures. If you had a basic format, including quicker uploads, more people would not be questioning everything. Everything just seems complicated.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Im not a Techie and dont know html code, but it didnt take me long to learn how to use this GREAT service and it is FREE. I use their basic stuff and get by just fine! I had a few questions and others on this forum answered most of them. DONT KNOCK IT, it is as I said FREE! There are other services you can try, so try the others and PAY! My thanks to Auctiva!
I agree with most of what has been said.

When I first used it I thought it was a royal pain in the a**, but like they say, after a little persistance you can really fly through listings.

My best hints to anyone struggling would be

1. Use profiles as soon as you get the hang of them. It makes everything so much easier & quicker.

2. If you list more than one or two items then make your listings of similar groups at the same time. Example, if you have 10 cd's 2 dvd's and some other bits - do all 10 cd's in one session. You hardly have to change anything except the main descrition.

Things that need to improve - it's a bit slow loading here in the UK but hopefully the new servers will take care of that.
My other big bugbear is if you change an already scheduled it says that changes will take place in your scheduled listing and ask you to confirm - BUT it will load the whole page again and put the 'confirm' button at the bottom of the page !! Any chance of just having a pop box for confirmation?
Last one - any chance of getting some UK specific features ? Ebay UK doesn't support PayPal buyer credits or 'gift wrap' and we can't contribute to the site by opting for your insurance packages. I'd love to provide cheap insurance on my items but in the UK it's a stupid price and only really worth it for high value ($100+) stuff.

Anyway keep it up, it's free, it's good and it's loads better than a lot of paid for packages..

Regards to All

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.