Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I just tried to schedule some listings and got a message saying to retry. I checked the boards, found your post and sure enough no return policy was specified, even though I was using old listings from 6 months ago. I ran a bulk find and replace and they looked OK.Seeing when you guys joined - a piece of advice. I recently received an email saying changes went into effect. You will find that Auctiva employs the absolute WORST testing procedures I have ever seen for a product. I was in IT for 37 years and I did a lot of testing in my day. If I ever released into production system changes as poorly as these guys do I would have been fired.
I just made a problem report to Auctiva, and got an almost immediate reply that says something about a new listing form, it's a known issue, their engineers are working on it, and they do not know when it will be corrected. Meantime, we just sit here and twiddle our thumbs? This is such BS. I hate the idea of having to change providers and learn to use a new interface for selling templates, but by golly, I'm getting real tired of this carp. Auctiva is buggy, buggy, buggy, and that hasn't changed - the site was buggy when it was free, and now that I pay for the service it's actually gotten worse.
Thanks for follow up. Glad I am not alone. I have been using Auctiva and listing on ebay for awhile. Just rarely post on boards so you know my frustration level had to be high. I received a Known issue response from tech support. Still can't relist this AM. I did make one new listing that did post correctly with return policy but others did not post. Very frustrating and expensive in terms of opportunity costs just when I need to be working most efficiently to get ready for the big season. I have found work arounds for glitches in the past. If you come up with any please post. Thanks.
And this site has more bumps than the average, rising to hills & mountains at times...

"What we have here is a failure to communicate" - Cool Hand Luke

Another paying customer here. Half my listings last night got uploaded to eBay, half did not because of this API Error No Return Policy when, as others report, I've had a return policy in my profile for months - it's still there. But there's no return block to edit in the rejected listing.

Who were the clueless wonders who revised the listing form without a return policy section??? Great way to drive what's left of Auctiva into the ground.

And would it hurt the Auctiva management to post an announcement there is a problem & they are working on it, and they are sorry for any inconvenience. Well, Auctiva Jeff, Kevin? Is that a reasonable request?
Ii managed to get this stuff listed. I opened two instances of Internet Explorer. In one, I opened the listing that was rejected for API error. In the other, I opened a new, blank listing form. I scrolled down to the Payment section, expanded it, and made sure the return policy section was there. I then copied and pasted the text from my description from the old listing to the new, blank listing. I filled in the other stuff on the new listing, and it was accepted and listed on eBay.

"Lets give them a chance, all websites have bumps on the way." Auctiva has a ton of bumps. I've about had it with Auctiva.
to junkie: more like feelings for an old girlfriend - some lingering nostalgic warm feelings as you reminisce then you remember the bad times... and you realize why you moved on [am sure it applies equally to old boyfriends, ladies] Wink

Auctiva has its good moments, then when it has bad ones, it has bad ones... based on 4+ years experience & many, many listings.
Just got one listed by cut & paste of rejected listing into the listing form (using Firefox). The next one was rejected by eBay.

"One out of two, ain't bad" (music).

Off to list on another site where I don't have to use Auctiva service. Diversification, what a wonderful thing.

Still no announcement on Auctiva home page of the problem. I've gently suggested it would be a good idea to communicate to everyone who logs in.
I had 8 listings scheduled, and only 4 of them were successful. The others, like yours, have that lousy API error, with no way to fix it.
I've been listing with auctiva for years, and the minute I start paying $10 a month for the privelage, things go wacky. Eek
I'm really frustrated because unless I sell some stuff soon, Christmas is going to be decidedly un-material.
I received this from Auctiva support earlier today. Just tried one of the listings that didn't post earlier. Posting was successful.

Thanks for following up with us regarding this matter. For your listings that failed due to that error, you should be able to get the return policy selection interface to show up by temporarily selecting a different category and then reselecting the desired category.

When the original category is reloaded, the return policy interface should show up again and you should be able to select something from there and get your listings posted.

Our engineering team is also still looking into this issue and we will be posting further updates about it on the following thread of our community forum: https://community.auctiva.com/e...=867100892#867100892.
Getting ready to list - can't wait for the experience you all describe Roll Eyes

I agree...the site has definitely gotten worse. They keep telling us about "upgrades". I'd be happy for the old site that loaded within seconds. I've even suggested they fix that instead of spinning their wheels.

However, I got SO AGGRAVATED with the slow speed & my cursor jumping all over the page 4 or 5 times before a link would work that I thought I'd try FOXFIRE browser.

Sure glad I did! The jumping around has stopped (you'd think they'd have fixed this for IE after a year or has it been longer?). The page loading seems slightly faster.

Another problem: I get so upset when I check on my listings & find the all the formatting has changed. Big pink letters - itty bitty descriptions - makes me look like an idiot - nothing I used but the program somehow changes it willy-nilly when I post or save!

Makes me wondering (again) what I'm doing here!
I like you get irritated with these changes in the size, colors, etc., of listings. I have written support and gotten responses, but to me they really have no rhyme or reason at all.

There are other posts on this also. I have and will continue writing with examples of listings. Please do same as I was given impression that these are rare and isolated issues.

Also, please make sure before you write to clear your cache and cookies, as that is usually first suggestion.. just write in email that you have already done that (do really do it, it sometimes helps with some issues) and save yourself an email back.

Also, did find out that the large on internet explorer could be different size viewing in Mozilla??

HOpe this helps.. please file requests. I file on everything now

Vickie
Last edited by lookandbuyme
quote:
Auctiva is buggy, buggy, buggy, and that hasn't changed - the site was buggy when it was free, and now that I pay for the service it's actually gotten worse.

I agree! It has gotten sooooooo much more worse as time has gone on. it was so user friendly last year. Ever since they got that bad trojan early this year, this site is nothing but a huge SNAFU.

And I absolutley HATE their HTML editors. Doesn't matter if I use IE or Firefox, both browsers do different glitches on the same editor. I hate this site, period!

If you're not a member, take our advice: do NOT join. It will suck up all your precious time and make you HALF the money u could make on other 3rd party venues because you'll be doing everything TWICE instead of once (including clicking on links twice while creating the new listing due to their jumpy screens).

When you have to click things 2-3 times instead of once, you are wasting double or three times of your precious time.
OH, and did you notice that for like 8 months, they still haven't resolved the jumpy screen issue? The help page has indicated for 6-8 mos. that they are "working on it". LOL - obviously they think it isn't a priority. JUST GET IT DONE ALREADY, ACUTIVA!!!

Lister Page Returns to Description when Buttons at Bottom of Page are Clicked

Solution

There is currently an issue with our system that can cause sellers that are using Internet Explorer to get bounced back to the middle of the listing creation page when the blue buttons at the bottom of the page are clicked the first time, such as the Post, Save, and Schedule buttons. The buttons should work the second time they are clicked if this happens though.

Our engineering team is working on getting this issue corrected and we will have it resolved as soon as possible. Since this issue is Internet Explorer specific, you could potentially avoid it in the mean time by downloading the free Firefox browser from http://www.mozilla.com and using that browser instead.

We apologize for any inconveniences this issue is causing. If you have any other questions regarding your account, please proceed to file a support case.
quote:
Originally posted by jag2549:
My listings won't post this eve. Error state return policy not specified. When I try to correct I find that the whole section on return policy on the listing creation page is gone. Anyone else?

quote:
Originally posted by elldee:
Yup, same here. I use the same profile for everything, and it has always had my return policy in it.

Glad to see I am not the only one. Glad to see a ticket has been put in as well.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.