Skip to main content

I just finished my first listing which is scheduled to start tomorrow. Everything went well and I chose a template and everything with information below my pictures such as "shipping, return policy, payment methods", etc. But there was no spot to fill all this information in. How do I do this? Because I didn't see it on the page.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi,

Welcome to Auctiva. I'd suggest going through some tutorials if you haven't, and setting up profiles, because there's quite a learning curve here - but well worth it. The terms, etc. are set up in your seller details profile. The template and some specifics that you want to repeat in all listings are set up in Item Details profiles. You will see your seller details when you preview the listing. There are few things that show on the top of the active listings once posted that you don't see in a preview either.

Hope that helps.

Wanda
thank you! I did get a chance to fill that information out, however it still is not showing up in my listing. I am doing my best to watch the tutorials and read the help questions but there is just so much information to take in that I am getting more confused than anything. Now how can I link my seller details with my actual listing? Because the only heading in my listing that actually shows up is the "details" section
Hi There,

I know that it can be terribly overwhelming getting started. I've been on eBay for 10 years, but only Auctiva for 3 months, and I'm still learning ropes. It might help to relax for 2 or 3 days with it if you can, try not to post anything live to eBay during that time, and just dig deeply into (more deeply into) the information here. I had to approach it that way, and found that helpful.

Have you created your Seller Detail profile? If you have, and if you have picked a template when creating an Item Details profile(s), then your Seller Details will automatically appear in your listing, buy you will NOT see them on the listing page itself - the page where you are making the listing. But after you create a listing, on the bottom of the page are icons for previewing it, saving it, checking for errors, seeing what the fees will be, posting, scheduling, which folder to save to, etc. If you hit preview, you should see your Seller Details. If you don't, then something is still not set up right, and you'll need to go back and set up Seller Details. There's lots of info on the site about setting those profiles up.

Let me know how you're coming along. I'll try to help.

Wanda
you have helped me immensely actually! Just one problem! I have listed many things successfully but have found that once I try to save a listing the first time, it doesnt work. I cant even preview it for some reason. So I then have to do it all a second time and it always works the second tiime. Is there any reason this may be? The save button literally freezes the first time and will not let me save it but the second time around it always works and will let me preview it . I think this might just be a computer error but you never know!
That one has me stumped, as I've never encountered that problem. I never post directly to eBay right after creating a listing. I always save it to a folder first. Then usually schedule a bunch of them to list later. Maybe someone else can offer a reason why the "Save" doesn't work the first time.

Well, here's a question though - WHERE are you looking for that saved first copy? Where did you save it to? It should be in Listings, Saved, and whatever folder you told it to save to. If you didn't tell it to save to a particular folder, then it will be under No Folder. Try that.
Back to your previous posts before we got into the saved issue. Member 8880 is right - do you see the pull down to the right of where you chose the template on the listing creation page? It doesn't say what it's for. It's for choosing which of your seller details you want to use for that particular listing. If you didn't chose anything, that would account for why you don't see them in a preview too.

Second point - and the reason I didn't think of that before - is, are you using a Master Profile to list from? If you create Master profiles they're great because under one master you chose 4 profiles - item details, shipping, checkout, and marketing profiles. If you load that master profile when creating a listing, all that information is filled in for you. But you have to also have Seller Details to associate with the template for that Master. Mine are there automatically because I'm using master profiles. Maybe that's been the problem....

Wanda

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.