Skip to main content

When creating a new listing from a previously saved one I had filled out a new description and added new photos - I then identified the listing as a consignment item, selected the consignor and then when I selected the consignment plan the page refreshed - it retained the new heading and the new photos but the description reverted to the old listing description and I lost all changes to the description which I had just typed in.

When listing another item and doing the same, I copied the new description before selecting the consignment plan and sure enough it refreshed reverting back to the old description. Luckily I was able to paste the new description back in and didn't have to retype it this time but it seems like a bug to me.

I'm using Google Chrome.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Federal Books,

Thanks for helping to bring this to our attention.

We are aware of the issue which caused the behavior you have described and hope to be able to address it with a future site update. I am uncertain when it may be resolved at the moment, but I'll follow up with you again through this case to let you know when the issue has been resolved or any related information becomes available.

Also, I am under the impression this should only happen when you change your selection in the “Consignor” drop down menu, so you should be able to work around this in the mean time by making changes in that area before modifying your description.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. If you need any more specific assistance with this, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab on our site and we will be happy to continue working with you.

-Mike
Hi Federal Books,

This issue has been resolved. You should no longer encounter any difficulty with your descriptions when applying a consignor to the listing after you have entered description text.

Should you encounter any further difficulty, please feel free to file a support case from the Help tab of your account letting us know the details so we can look into it for you.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.