Skip to main content

Sellers check your listings. Ebay suggested I post this here as they have gotten several complaints about this issue...which is not on their end.

This seems to be getting worse over time.
There are other listings that are perfectly fine so you have to check them all.

example 1

example 2

example 3 and this one the entire template including the pictures also goes right off the screen

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks itsjustme but what you are thinking of is the issue with the "new" editor changing comic sans ms to comic sans ms "cursive"...this issue also clearly shows the change in the html and is only occurring on accounts that have the new editor. For some reason the new editor adds the word cursive to the font and completely changes it.

My font or my words in my listing have not changed and there is no issues in my seller details or html.

My font and my seller details also not changed in about 4 years and this issue has only been occurring for a week or so now

This is also not something that is happening with every listing, although a good majority of them and the degree of the issue or the impact on the listing once transferred to eBay is also not consistent.

I have also use other fonts on my other accounts and the issue still happens.
i reviewed your examples and noted particularly in the ones where you mix the fonts that the issue occurs with the introduction of comic sans. in the other examples you have comic sans only. whether or not it is the new editor, i would refrain from using comic sans in the same way i no longer paste and stick from word. i create my ads in notepad ++ and avoid "creative" fonts. imho ads are more professional that way. regardless, there are other programs that are not very receptive to comic sans...can't speak to the cause but i avoid it and msword for listing web business.
It really isn't a comic sans issue as stated in "my last post" it is occurring in my other accounts and comic sans is NOT used in them there at all. I did NOT copy and paste my seller details from word or anywhere else.
There is NO issues in the html at all and have been in place since 2008/2009 with no changes.

The issue with comic sans changing to comic sans cursive is a totally different issue...unrelated to this issue.
Here is another sellers item that has this has the screwey characters in the bottom. Now...little concerned that this may be more widespread than we think. I have seen others that have this....but ignored them ....now wondering if others are having this issue as well?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-O...&hash=item3a8051cba1

Can you shed some light on why this is happening as it looks extremely sloppy and unprofessional.
Hi trinkets (& others),

We have since received a few other reports of this nature and, although we have not been able to reproduce the issue in testing, we have an idea what may be causing this behavior and will be releasing a potential solution for the issue as part of our next site update which should take place within the next couple weeks.

I will update this thread again once this change has been released and, if this continue to occur in new listings posted thereafter, we will need to go back to the drawing board. We apologize for any inconveniences this may be causing.

-Mike
So let me understand...you do not/will not resolve an issue unless there are multiple people complaining about it even though you have visible proof, multiple screenshots, there is an issue?? And even after eBay has confirmed the issue exists and has suggested that it be addressed with Auctiva which exactly what was done 2 months ago.

This issue was reported over 2 months ago and ignored.

Why is it so hard to get issues resolved when they are reported and why do we have to wait months to be acknowledged that there is an issue??

As you can see, your being able to reproduce the issue or not has nothing to do with whether or not the issue is valid or not as you were not able to reproduce this issue and yet it does exist for me and many other Auctiva users. Your reproduction of an issue should also not be criteria for technical issues to be addressed by technical support.
This invalid criteria is preventing many issues from being addressed and or resolved in a more timely manner.
Last edited by trinkets
You said this issue would be fixed in a couple weeks and that was back the 25th of April

posted April 25, 2013 12:37 PM
"we have an idea what may be causing this behavior and will be releasing a potential solution for the issue as part of our next site update which should take place within the next couple weeks."

I have had to fix several listings (relists) again....listing that did NOT have this issue before.

These issues being blown off is not going unnoticed.
It is not right that listing are being messed up on a fairly regular basis.

I really hope that your trip to China is not the excuse for this not being done when you said it would be addressed.
Last edited by trinkets
Hi trinkets,

We have not been able to release the potential solution for this issue we have in the works yet, but we still intend to do so as soon as possible, at which point I will let you know. I'm sorry that my previous estimate ended up being too ambitious but I expect to have some good news for you in the near future.

-Mike
Mike,
We need actual timelines for fixes not "guesses" of when they might be fixed. We, a very large majority of us, are running businesses and don't have time nor should we even have to go into eBay and check and revise hundreds of listings regularly. We pay to list in Auctiva not to list here, have listings messed up and revise on eBay.

This issue alone has been going on for months now. Since the beginning of March...and still no idea when it will be fixed.

I have also followed up this issue with eBay (and NOT with general support either) and had them read the board/posts here.
Last edited by trinkets
Hi Community,

I am pleased to report that we have made a change to our site this morning which we believe may correct this issue, but we have not been able to definitively confirm the issue has been resolved as desired because we were never able to reproduce this behavior in testing.

If you encounter this issue with any new listings you post through your Auctiva account moving forward, please contact us by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “File Support Case” link and we will look into the issue further.

-Mike
Hi MarleneM,

I am pleased to hear your listings are posting properly. A new issue cropped up yesterday which is causing images chosen in the Auctiva Image Selection section not to show up in the template previews which are generated within the “Select Template” interface and we hope to have that issue resolved soon.

It sounds like you are most likely encountering that issue and, provided that is the case, you may find that you can get the images to show up within the template preview by toggling between the options in the “Grouping” and “Alignment” drop down menus on the Template Layout page.

You should also be able to see how your images will appear within the templates you have selected by viewing the full previews of your listings by clicking the blue “Preview” button at the bottom of the lister page or the similar button on your Saved Listings page.

If the preview related issue you are experiencing differs from what I have described, please file a support case regarding the issue which includes as much information as possible and we will be happy to look into that further.

-Mike
Hi trinkets,

I am unable to tell which listing you are referring to based on the most recent screen shot you provided but, if this item was posted as a new listing or relisted using the Edit and Relist option on your Closed Listings page since our site update on June 11, 2013, we will need to look into the issue further.

However, if the item was posted prior to the site update or was relisted from an item which previously exhibited the issue using the Bulk Relist option since the update, it is expect that these characters would continue to show up in the listing until you remove them.

If you are still encountering this issue with new listings or items relisted using the Edit and Relist option since the update, please contact our Customer Support team from under the “Help” tab within your account and we will be happy to continue working with you on this.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.