Skip to main content

Please post comments and questions about the bulk live listing revision tool we added as part of our our site update made this morning 9/9/09 to this thread. We will be posting here, and will be monitoring and will respond to questions we see you post.
Auctiva Tony M. Sr. Product Manager, Auctiva.com
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am attempting to Edit BULK LIVE some listings. I know how to do the days to ship and retun policy. However in the profile area (shipping and payment sections) I need to be able to take out the blubs on insurance. I know how to fix the actual profile, however, I do not know how to actually revise the BULK LIVE LISTING with the new profile I made????

I also need to edit the shipping so that the insurance does not show up as optional in my listings. Obviously doing this LIVE BULK would be huge time saver, however, I can't figure out how to do that??

Can anyone help. Auctiva is this a feature we can use to comply with ebay policies in BULK LIVE EDIT, if so please help. . if not is there a way to do this without pulling each listing and fixing it and then relisting OR fixing in auctiva and then doing separately in ebay which is double fix???

I would think this would be in the BULK LIVE since the ship area is EXACTLY main area changes have to be made to comply with policy.

Auctiva.. please help us out here????
Hello,
The new tool that allows users to edit "Live" eBay listings does have a feature to change text--even if it is in your "Payment", "Shipping", "About Us", etc sections of your listing. We made this feature available earlier this month specifically to help our users with these latest eBay changes.

It sounds like you are already familiar with the process, so editing the text to remove the insurance blurbs shouldn't be difficult at all.

Once you have selected your listings to revise from the Active Listings page, select "Description" from the drop-down menu fields. Type in the text you want to replace or remove in the top box--keep in mind that what you enter must match the text in the current listing exactly for it to work.

Then type in whatever you want to replace the text with in the second box. You can leave the box blank to simply remove the text entirely.

We have a tutorial that will help you with this process here: http://www.auctiva.com/help/tu...x?id=revise-listings

If you currently have listings that have insurance listed as an option along with the Shipping cost, eBay will just remove that option from the listing.

I hope this information is helpful. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Rebecca

PS: We are planning on adding more fields to edit in the future.
Rebecca thanks for response. I have read and studied link. I have contacted support for 2 days now. Does not work . . on the Live Edits Payments, shipping, etc.,

Is anyone having problems getting the LIVE edits to work on the Payment, Shipping, About Me sections. I have been told there is ebay glitch that may or may not be worked out that is causing problems with this. If you are having problems you will need to fix listings one by one in Auctiva saved and again on ebay system. I was told there are only 3-4 people having issues so may not be fixed.. . if you are having problems please report it so this may be looked at.

This is very frustrating to have to go in and change each listing one by one, or as suggested by HELP, TRY TURBO LISTER to fix? I find using turbo not a great solution, as it is learning a new program as they said they "think" it may work.

If you are having problems.. please report it. Auctiva.. what about a fix for this problem. .please. .
never posted on here before, but I have used Auctiva for quite awhile.
I just used it to remove a sentence from my 70 fixed price listings where I had a sentence about insurance 'I always package my items well but accidents do happen. please consider buying insurance just in case'

The first time I tried it, I actually had a whole paragraph I wanted to change that I had copoed & pasted from my seller details profile that I had used, and those failed. I decided to just try the one line with the offensive insurance reference that was in my shipping section, and, to my amazement, it worked like a charm.
Are you trying to change just one sentence or a whole section. If you use the same seller details profile in alot of your listings like I do, you might try entering just one sentence and see if that works.
I read somewhere that Ebay won't remove listings that have insurance in them right away so that sellers have time to edit them. Just like they did with the no checks/money orders change.
Hi- I have been on with ebay for 2 hours. .trying to find go around. .auctiva says this is working for some and not for others?
(few others). do have couple of questions though as I have tried sentence by sentence and even words. but no luck.
1. Is the area you are removing above your profile area???? Or after profiles such as PAYMENT, SHIPPING ABOUT ME???

I know ebay will only let you do 500 characters.. so have tried word, sentence etc., figuring auctiva may be same.

I did not deal with check/money order change as never wrote that in.. how did they handle that???

thanks for your time giving info.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.