Skip to main content

This is a strange one - over the last couple of days I seem to have lost the ability to PASTE items. The Menu option is greyed out on all software and the CTRL/V doesn't work either. The COPY function is fine.
I have checked for viruses etc (as much as one can) and I have uninstalled the only program that I have installed in the last few days.
Anybody else had this happen or know the cure.
I am guessing that it has to be something in the Registry to have such a global effect, but a Registry expert I ain't, and at the moment I am looking at a total Operating System rebuild which seems a bit drastic so I wanted to explore other avenues first. You don't realise how often you want to PASTE something until you can't!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I run into that problem with Mac OS X when I have just way too many program windows open, and it's literally been weeks since I shut down some of those programs. (I usually just put my computer to sleep.) Depending on the severity of the problem, I can regain that function by closing and restarting firefox. If it's happening systemwide, like in my design programs, text editor, etc., then I usually have to reboot the computer.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.