Skip to main content

Hi, I just completed my second listing using Auctiva and realist the reason why I'm having trouble getting my listing "looking good". Apparently, under my 'Profiles' tab, I can see on the left side, 'CREATE NEW PROFILES'. Underneath gives me an option to creat a Master Profile, Item Details, Marketing Tools, etc.. Then to my right is 'MANAGE EXISTING PROFILES', and below that is 'SELLER DETAILS'. Underneath this is Seller Details and Manage Seller Details. Well, when I click on the 'question mark' to the right of Seller Details, it opens up a text box explaining what to do.

Here's my problem. When ever I click on 'Seller Details', it opens up a text box as stated, however it does not have the header as 'PAYMENT'. Instead, it gives me this is as the header....

Switch to : Design Editor

Followed by a box where I should type my information, underneath the box is....

Note: What you enter here will be interpreted as HTML

in very fine print. And below that are my options to either select...

<--Previous

Cancel

Save & Exit

Next-->

Cancel=brings me to a different page...

Save & Exit=will save and exit and brings me to the same page as cancel without giving me the option to NAME what I just created....

<--Previous & Next-->=does not work...both become unavailable for me to click again...

WHAT GIVES...? DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THIS IS HAPPENING? WHAT SHOULD I DO? I AM NOT ABLE TO CREATE A LISTING WITHOUT IT LOOKING AWFUL. I JUST REALIZED THE MY LAST TWO LISTINGS ONLY HAD "ITEM DESCRIPTION". SHIPPING & HANDLING, RETURN POLICY, PAYMENT DETAIL AND OTHER OPTIONS WAS NOT INCLUDED INSIDE MY "AUCTIVA TEMPLATE" PLEASE HELP.

I hope I didn't confuse anyone with this post. This is the best I can explain it.

Thanks, and sorry for the long posting.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

First create your Seller Details here: Profiles tab>Seller Details. The header PAYMENT will be the last thing to appear as the screen downloads,but it should appear above the "Switch to: Design Editor" heading. After doing PAYMENT in "Design Editor" mode, click "NEXT" and the "Shipping" header will appear. Do shipping and continue. The last screen is where you name your seller details and save.

Once this is done, on your lister page, select your template and set up your picture configuration.Then select your named/saved Seller Details in the drop down menu to the right of the "Select Template" link. The template (in Preview) should now show Description, Payment, Shipping, etc. and pictures.

This Seller Details "set" you have created (which doe's not include Description and pictures) will stay in memory. You can create as many "sets" as you wish, selectable in the aforementioned drop down menu. Each time you create a new listing Auctiva combines your selected pictures,new title, new description, and selected Seller Details "set", onto your chosen template. This is independent of the other information on your listing eg. starting price, shipping details, checkout options, etc. It's a very flexible system and works great once you get the hang of it.

This should work for you. Let me know, sounds like you are close. Once you have got your listing the way you want it you can use the copy & paste HTML instructions of my other post to revise your active listing if you wish.
Last edited by ninthwave
ninth_wave,

Thanks for offering to help me further with this... I understand you completely, but I think I did not explain correctly. What I'm saying is that when the header "Payment" does not appear at all and when I click on the "Next" or "Previous" button, it does nothing. I think that when ever I choose "Seller Detail", the page does not open correctly. To better explain, please view the my first listing on eBay. Item # 320112053124. Notice that "Description" is all I have. Now please view another listing which I was told to take a look by the person who created it and noticed the differences in both listings. Mine which only allows me to enter my 'Item Description' compare to the other listing which includes PAYMENT, SHIPPING, TERMS OF SALE, ABOUT US, AND CONTACT US.

Please view that seller's listing... 220112465020

I hope I explained it better this way. Please let me know if you now understand what I mean or if it's I who still does not understand.
The other seller's listing has the seller details while yours does not - that is plain to see. Do you have broadband or dial up? You are right, the page is not downloading completely if the PAYMENT header is not showing. It does take a while even with broadband. If you're sure you've given it the time it needs to download, I would submit a support request (link on the help page), and let the support people have a go at why it's not downloading. Once you get your seller details set up and saved you can proceed to the next step and be on your way. Signing off. Good luck.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.