Skip to main content

Remember back in November you posted that you'd signed up for a merchant account with Paypal as versus the level you were currently using?

Anyhoooooooooooo...

How'd it go?

Inquiring minds want to know,
Donna
eCommerce Sellers Motivators "We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? But actually, who are you NOT to be?" Marianne Williamson
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Not a single person used it. I don't think I had it displayed well enough. I might try it again once I'm listing more and more often. It's $20 per month plus the regular % fees. You can go in and adjust your risk controls BUT by doing this if there is a 'chargeback' you have to deal with the credit card company. Actually, I like that idea. This only applies if they pay via the merchant (vitual terminal) account. If they pay through regular PayPal then it all remains the same.

I think it's a good alternative for anyone who cannot afford big start up costs for a merchant account. They approve you pretty fast. I hope this helps. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Magie Noire:
Not a single person used it. I don't think I had it displayed well enough. I might try it again once I'm listing more and more often. It's $20 per month plus the regular % fees.

Thanks for the answer, it's just as everyone else I asked states..
I polled several who signed up for the merchant account with Paypal...and the answer is the same across the board.

Peace, Donna
quote:
I will be opening a website. I posted the place under the ecrater thread. Once I get it all up and running, I might sign back up again. I think I'll downsize the eBay Store and try the website.

Keep me on the up and up where the merchant is concerned.

Downsizing the eBay store...per chance wanna let me in on your reasoning. I'm curious.

Don't get me wrong, I love my ecraters..but I get far more business from my eBay store and wondering if you've found alot of business from Google Base coming your way.

You ran with my answer, right?

Thanks,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
quote:
I will be opening a website. I posted the place under the ecrater thread. Once I get it all up and running, I might sign back up again. I think I'll downsize the eBay Store and try the website.

Downsizing the eBay store...per chance wanna let me in on your reasoning. I'm curious.

Don't get me wrong, I love my ecraters..but I get far more business from my eBay store and wondering if you've found alot of business from Google Base coming your way.

Thanks,
Donna

Oooops, I forgot to tell you -- yes I did. Thank you. It falls on deaf ears though. Oh well. I'm keeping my ebay store just going back down to a basic level by the end of this billing period. A feature store is nice but I don't think it's necesary. I can do the basic $16.95 + try a website $7.00 for less than I'm paying now. I can't wait to see the upcoming store changes. The sub categories and all. Once again, thank you.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
quote:

Thanks,
Donna

Oooops, I forgot to tell you -- yes I did. Thank you. It falls on deaf ears though. Oh well. I'm keeping my ebay store just going back down to a basic level by the end of this billing period. A feature store is nice but I don't think it's necesary. I can do the basic $16.95 + try a website $7.00 for less than I'm paying now. I can't wait to see the upcoming store changes. The sub categories and all. Once again, thank you.

Okie Dokie! I have more info, but I ran out of space to send..but you have what you need and that's what's important to me. <smile>
I have the basic and it works great tying everything together, I don't have a gripe with it and I'm looking forward to the new implementations that eBay has crowed about. The featured store I just never saw the need to go that extra step.
Had me worried thinking you were dissin the eBay store system..and I like my store too much to give it up.

<wink>
You go girl!
Donna

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.