Skip to main content

What's gonna happen if this goes through?

According to a report in the US daily New York Post, Microsoft is thinking hard about taking over the online auction eBay. The paper got its information from "several sources close to the negotiations." Microsoft would then take over eBay and integrate it in its own MSN portal.

Both Microsoft and eBay seem to want to enter into the deal to combat Google's power over the market. Negotiations have reportedly been going on between for the two firms for several weeks but have been stalled because of concerns about how the anti-trust authorities will react.

A few days ago, eBay entered into a far-reaching, long-term partnership with Yahoo for Internet advertising, pay systems, and Internet telephone advertising. One insider told the New York Post that this other deal would not affect the potential takeover of eBay by Microsoft.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

imho, there's definately something up. first there was talks of eBay, Microsoft, and Yahoo going into a joint agreement, then ebay and yahoo announced their agreement and microsoft said that they werent interested in a content driven site (ebay being content driven). and now there's this published.

what a tangled web we weave...

if microsoft joins up with ebay or takes over ebay, i dont see anything positive that can come out of it for ebay's customer base. (except maybe microsoft will fix some of the bad coding that has been plaguing ebay, but i doubt it with as many glitches as ms software has)
Thanks for the info.

I'd read about eBay and Yahoo...hadn't heard bout the Microsoft and eBay.

Well, you know what I say doncha?

Time for Google to get on the ball, I think they could make a dent in ebay. And where's there's a dent, it can crack and break..right?

Noted yesterday...Google checkout domain name was purchased. That's a start!

Thanks, Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
Time for Google to get on the ball, I think they could make a dent in ebay. And where's there's a dent, it can crack and break..right?

Noted yesterday...Google checkout domain name was purchased. That's a start!

Thanks, Donna
I agree. and i've said for awhile, if anyone can give eBay a run for their money, it's google.

from an email that google sent me, looks like googlebase is coming out of beta. (they didnt say that, but was what i got from it) google stores, here we come! Smile

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.