Skip to main content

Hi guys, I just signed up to auctiva today and have created a profile for my listings.. but I cant seem to find a way of getting this profile onto listings I already have that are active! Im sure I must be missing something really obvious here, so if I am then apologies for being dippy! And if not, can someone help me out here?! Thanks Smile
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi, lola1,

Any listings you presently had on ebay prior to signing up with Auctiva will not have any of the profiles, templates, etc. that you will use or create here at Auctiva. Those will be applied to new listings that you make on Auctiva. Same holds true for any listings that you re-list if they were not made in Auctiva first.

If you want existing listings to look like new ones that you create in Auctiva, then you could
  • create a new listing in Auctiva for the new item
  • save the new listing (do not post the listing to ebay!)
  • copy the HTML code
  • go to ebay, sign in, and revise the listing there by pasting the HTML code, and save the revision.

You will need to determine whether going through that effort is worth it to update the look of listings you already have, thinking about how long the listing will be on ebay.

If you create a new listing on Auctiva for the item you already have on ebay and then post to ebay the new listing (rather than saving/copying the HTML code/pasting to revise listing on ebay), then you will have 2 listings on ebay for the same item, plus pay the ebay fees twice.

I think you'll find Auctiva is a wonderful place to make your listings, once you get the hang of things!

All the best,

Christy
  • Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
    Link copied to your clipboard.