Skip to main content

Hi Community,

We have begun to receive reports of image hosting problems again this morning and our engineering department has been contacted regarding this issue. We will have someone working to resolve this problem as soon as possible, most likely within the next hour.

Thank you for understanding.

-Mike
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Community,

Almost all of Auctiva's hosted images are now successfully loading in their respective auctions. We anticipate that ALL Auctiva hosted images will be displayed once again within 10 minutes.

If you continue to experience image loading problems in your current listings beyond this expected resolution time, please let us know by filing a support request or posting a message to this thread.

I will post more information to this thread when it becomes available. Thank you for understanding.

-Mike
Last edited by auctivamiked
Hi Community,

Thanks for the input. I just checked both[daveeuk & wench56] of your accounts and the images loaded quickly into your auctions.

I am, of course, located in the US so I can't comment from the UK perspective.

If anyone continues to have image loading problems with their current listings, please file a support request using the appropriate link on our help page:

http://www.auctiva.com/free_auction_software_help/help.aspx

-Mike
Hi Community,

We are aware that some image loading problems have resurfaced. Our staff is monitoring that status of our image hosting closely and will continue to swiftly address problems that arise. We are currently allocating all of our available resources to the successful resolution of this problem.

Please continue to help us identify these problems as quickly as possible by filing support requests using the appropriate link on our help page if you experience problems with your auction images loading:

-Mike
Hi Community,

All Auctiva hosted auction images should be loading successfully once again. However, in order to get them back up promptly, we had to temporarily disable store window images. Our engineering department will reenable store window images as soon as we are confident doing so will not interfere with the loading of auction images.

-Mike
I am not only getting image loading problems, but previewing and saving my listings as well. When I click "Preview" or "Save", the screen goes blank and after a long while I get an Internet Explorer error message saying that it can't connect to the site. But I was already connected to the site when I was working on the listing. What is going on?
The typical reply I get from Auctiva support is to delete cookies and temporary files (which I have done several times), or to switch browsers (which I am not planning to do since I just upgraded to the latest version of IE). It has to be Auctiva's problem, since I had posted listings successfully many times before, and never had this situation come up. Since I am already connected to Auctiva when I am creating a new listing or revising a saved one, why doesn't it let me save it?
Mike and the Rest of Auctiva Support,

I want to say thank you for everything that you
are doing to rectify the situation and for keeping us posted. I was one of your frustrated customers yesterday and today, but then I realized that your customer service is excellent and auctiva is offered to us free.When everything is up and running my auctions are beautiful thanks to you. I have always gotten responses back within a couple hours with follow up as well if I am having problems. Thank you so much for everything you do!
Yukio
http://www.powerfullegacybooks.com
Hi Community,

Our engineering department has been working on this issue and they have reported that the image hosting situation has stabilized, so all auction images should be visible in your listings once again.

In order to help us address this situation, we have temporarily disabled the Auctiva store window feature, which is why you may notice the store window is no longer displayed in your listings.

If anyone continues to experience problems image loading problems with your active listings, please let us know by filing a support case using the appropriate link on our help page:

-Mike
Last edited by auctivamiked
I think it may be helpful to point out that auctiva gives us the ability to host our images on other servers not just theirs and still use everything else they supply.
I can't vouch for them but have been recomended to try photobucket and so I have been slowly transferring my images to them and so far been working well. Their image hosting is also free.Only 1 downside I can see is that auctiva automatically downsizes your images + allows potential buyers to see an enlarged version if they wish. Using an outside server you get the one size.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.