Skip to main content

Not me, thank you. I only remember getting sick one time during all three pregnancies. It got me out of eating my mother-in-laws ravioli. Question for a relative. So many of you know natural ways for everything. Do you know of anything good for morning sickness?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ginger worked wonders for me.

Celestial Seasoning makes a wonderful tea which has ginger and peppermint, both a great for nausea. It is part of their Wellness line. It doesn't actually contain tea, so there is no caffiene. (Not decaffinated, just no caffiene to begin with.) I was able to find it at a store that carries vitamins, health foods, and organic foods. I never found it in a grocery store. It worked really really really well.

Click!

You can also get "real" ginger ale at health food stores. It is not the same as Canada Dry or the other grocery-store brands - there is more ginger.

Another thing that worked really well for me was to cut my prenatal vitamin into 4ths. (I still took them all at once.) I think that having them cut into smaller pieces made it easier for my body to digest. I always got nauseous from things that were difficult to digest - pasta, heavy foods, fatty foods, etc.
I was deathly ill with nausea from time of inception till delivery.

I used ginger and also an anti nausea bracelet. It had a pressure point on the wrist and worked for me.

I'm sorry she's experiencing this.

With my first pregnancy they almost hospitalized me at 6 months because I was losing weight and not gaining. My first was 9 lbs at birth..so I guess I did eventually keep food down. <smile>

My second and third pregnancies were just as bad if not worse on the nausea. I was just as sick except with the third I had gestational diabetes. Oh boy, nausea and no sweets! <smile>

Best of luck to your friend,
Donna
there must be something to this ginger thing 'cause back awhile back was eating dinner with friends of the family (a chinese couple) and one of the dishes had big chunks of ginger root. She said that it's very good for many things including morning sickness. She went on to say that in chinese culture there's a period of time in the pregnancy when that is the only thing eaten. (which seems a bit extreme to me) But anyway, point is, I'd trust what these ladies are saying about ginger.
Smile
quote:
Originally posted by leahyrlw:
Not me, thank you. I only remember getting sick one time during all three pregnancies. It got me out of eating my mother-in-laws ravioli. Question for a relative. So many of you know natural ways for everything. Do you know of anything good for morning sickness?

I'm like you - never had morning sickness, never even a pain. No contractions! Nothing!
I swear I should of had babies for other people! 2 was enough for me, lol.
Sorry to hear about your friend!

I am with Donna though as I was terribly ill when I was pregnant three years ago with my twin girls. I was on an IV at home through a picline until about 14 weeks or so and then I started to keep down food and they pulled it but still got sick maybe a few times a week (that was a lot better than 2-3 times an hour!!)

Not much helped me but I remember taking baths seemed to wart off the nausea temporarily. I remember taking 4 baths one day as I just never got sick if I was in the bath tub! Everything people told me to eat just did not work to fight the nausea. I would tell your friend though that if there are any foods she loves or smells (like bath and body lotions) she loves to stay away from them right now otherwise she will HATE them when she is down being pregnant. THat was the best advise someone gave me. I put away my Lancome perfume and did not eat/drink some of my favorite things during that time but some things did get sacrificed. I now hate the smell of strong, brewing coffee, of toasted bagels, and for a long time anything with red sauce (Yep, I made the dumb rookie mistake of trying to eat lasagna while battling nausea). That would be my advice for her since I have no remedies to offer!!

Marcia

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.