Skip to main content

Sorry this is long and hard to follow, but my problem is difficult to explain. Hopefully the answer will be short and easy.

I created a Seller Details Profile I called 'SP1'. Then I created an 'Item Details' profile I called 'Xbox', and used an Auctiva template so I could subsequently use the Seller Details Profile I called 'SP1'. All worked fine up to this point. Perfect even. The problems occured when I tried to change any of this. Let me try to explain.

PROBLEM #1:

I noticed that I needed to make changes to my Seller Details 'SP1'. However, when I editted the 'SP1' profile, the changes would not show up in the Item Details profile I created--'Xbox'. I tried many times, in different ways, even logging off and back on. In addition, everytime I went back to Profiles-->Manage Seller Details and selected the editted 'SP1', the changes I had made previously were gone. Every time I re-editted and clicked on save, I would recieve a green confirmed box at the top, but when I checked the profile, poof!, the changes I just made weren't there. Ok, time for a new approach then, however...

PROBLEM #2

So, I decided to create a NEW Seller Details Profile and called it 'SP2' this time. Then I went back to the 'Xbox' Item Details page I created and clicked on the '--Select Seller Details--' drop down menu to change from using my old 'SP1' to the new 'SP2' I just created, HOWEVER, 'SP2' was not listed in the drop down link as an option. Only my old 'SP1' was avail. Huh? Why wasn't my new 'SP2' showing up? I went back to Profile-->Manage Seller Details and there both 'SP1' and 'SP2' were present. Why would they both show on one place but not the other? I'm very confused now as I am sure you are reading this. As I said, the problem is hard to explain. Continuing on...

...I decided to just delete the profile 'SP1'. This didn't help. When I went back to Profile-->Manage Profiles-->'Xbox' and '--Select Seller Details--' again to change to my 'SP2' profile, guess what...still no 'SP2' available in the drop down menu BUT 'SP1' was still there. Huh? Didn't I just delete it? Why is it still showing as an option? And why is 'SP2' still not showing up? A quick look back at the Seller Details Profile page show only 'SP2' and no 'SP1'.

So, now I figured I would just start from scratch and created a new 'Item Detail' and called it 'Xbox2' thinking then I could add Seller Profile 'SP2' to it. But NOoooo. This time after selecting a template and clicking on the --Select Seller Details-- drop down list there were NO profiles to select from...NONE. NO 'SP2' or 'SP1'. And yes, 'SP2' still shows up when I go back to Manage Seller Details Profiles.

I'm done. Sorry it's a long and confusing story. I sure I am doing something wrong but what...I haven't a clue. Kudos to anyone who can follow the story and figure out an answer.

If it helps, I am using XP and IE7.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Just cancel Seller details and your past saved preferences will come up. You can edit or delete them there.
When you start to list your new item you must use a template and then you can choose your seller details from there.

I found that extra step by accident a long time ago, and could not remember how I stumbled upon it. As when I went in to "manage details" to attempt to revise existing terms, the boxes were BLANK. Thanks so much for posting this to refresh my memory.

LDC

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.