Skip to main content

I had created my own listing template through turbo lister that includes music playing when someone looks through my ebay item. I found this works wonders for bids. Is there a way that you can put the music into the auctiva listings. The music i have is in html format but I can't get auctiva to recognise it.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I can tell you how to do it, but I agree with Choo Choo guy; I HATE HATE HATE listings with music . . . and I think most other people do too. But if you insist on it --

In Auctiva when you're entering your description, you'll see under the "Item Description" Tab a Text Link Where it says "Switch to: HTML." Click on HTML. You'll now be looking at the HTML version of your description.

Just enter your HTML code where you want the player to be. Your code might look something like this:

<object>
<EMBED SRC="http://www.somesite.com/songtitle.mid" AUTOSTART="true" HIDDEN="true" LOOP="true" WIDTH="145" HEIGHT="60">
</object>

If you want to annoy your visitors a LITTLE BIT LESS, change the middle part from HIDDEN="true" to HIDDEN="false" . . . that way a tiny media player shows up and then at least they have the option of turning the stupid music off. And make sure you put the music player at the TOP so they don't have to search around to find the thing to shut it off!

Here's a great website with simple HTML hints:

http://vzone.virgin.net/sizzling.jalfrezi/iniframe.htm

No, this is NOT my site; just something I've found helpful. All that stuff works with Auctiva & Ebay wherever you can input HTML; just remember to switch modes in your description to "HTML". Once you input your code, you can switch back to "Standard" and finish editing your listing.

Hope that helps! And hey, the more people like you that put cheesy music in their listings th better . . . then maybe all the people you drive away will come to my NICE QUIET listings he he ...... I'm only kidding!

Have a good one!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.