Skip to main content

Hi, Need some advice, I just got my first neg. from a newbie (only 7 fb). They did not contact me first. It was for a cell phone and my auction clearly states, it might or might not be able to be activated. And also says AS IS- NO REFUNDS -it's your responability to make sure it will work...etc...etc. Then they give me a neg- saying it won't work and cannot be activated, I am so MAD.. Mad..people CANNOT read! I have never rec'd a neg or given one, even non-payers. I would have still given the guy a refund on the purchase amount, but now the damage has been done...any advice. Here is the auction number... 280102959861. Have I done something wrong?.. and not clearly state something? Please some advice Please, I am very upset Frown thanks, Donna
Some People Dream of Success While Others Wake Up and Work Hard At It! - unknown
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

MMMM - you wanna borrow my "handy dandy ray gun"? I rent it out cheap! LOL. My only suggestion would have been your reply to his negative feedback. Your ad read clearly to me, but unfortunately you're right - people will not take the time to read the entire listing, nor are they willing to accept the responsibility for not reading the entire add. I think a great thing you have in your listing is that locator thing to see if the phones will work in a particular area - JMO - Dawn
quote:
Originally posted by biscuit:
You could try mutual feedback withdrawal...

Yes, I thought about that, but I don't know how to go about it. I have not heard back from this guy yet. It does not look like he's on ebay much, so I am wondering if he'll even log on. Oh I am so mad! It's not fair for a newbie to ruin a perfect score, when he cannot read.

I had another guy, the first cell phone I sold, and his did not work, but at that time I knew nothing about the 911 thing, he was a newbie too, but was very nice about it. And I told him I would refund. After he informed me about the 911 thing, I then added that info, to all my cell phone auctions.

I do not understand though, if they cannot be activated, what are people doing with them? I see alot of people selling the same old models that I am selling.

Another buyer, did contact the provider, because they asked for the ESN numbers from me. I have yet to here back from them. I hope everything is good, I do not want another neg. I emailed them to let me know if all is good with the phones, they too are new to ebay.

Sorry so long! But I needed to vent....thanks all for your comments. Donna
quote:
Originally posted by dllepisto:
MMMM - you wanna borrow my "handy dandy ray gun"? I rent it out cheap! LOL. My only suggestion would have been your reply to his negative feedback. Your ad read clearly to me, but unfortunately you're right - people will not take the time to read the entire listing, nor are they willing to accept the responsibility for not reading the entire add. I think a great thing you have in your listing is that locator thing to see if the phones will work in a particular area - JMO - Dawn

Thanks, I'll take that ray gun-please priority mail! HA! Big Grin Thanks for your input and for taking the time to read it. I thought I did everything to cover my A**. Donna
quote:
Originally posted by California Girl:
quote:

Yes, I thought about that, but I don't know how to go about it. I have not heard back from this guy yet. It does not look like he's on ebay much, so I am wondering if he'll even log on. Oh I am so mad! It's not fair for a newbie to ruin a perfect score, when he cannot read.

Mutual feedback withdrawal

I can understand your frustration Donna. First, try not to take it too personally. He's probably just ignorant of proper eBay etiquette. You've got great feedback, and I hardly think many people are going to fault you for one neg.

Once you've calmed down a bit, pull his contact information and see if you can give him a call. Explain to him calmly that you are sorry for the misunderstanding, and are willing to work out a solution (i.e. give him a refund once he returns the phone). Even though he went about things wrong, and should have adhered to your terms of service, don't accuse him of anything - it'll just put him on the defensive. Tell him that you regret that the situation had to result in negative feedback for both of you, and that you would like him to consider a mutual withdrawal.

Couldn't hurt, at least.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by California Girl:
quote:

Mutual feedback withdrawal

I can understand your frustration Donna. First, try not to take it too personally. He's probably just ignorant of proper eBay etiquette. You've got great feedback, and I hardly think many people are going to fault you for one neg.

Once you've calmed down a bit, pull his contact information and see if you can give him a call. Explain to him calmly that you are sorry for the misunderstanding, and are willing to work out a solution (i.e. give him a refund once he returns the phone). Even though he went about things wrong, and should have adhered to your terms of service, don't accuse him of anything - it'll just put him on the defensive. Tell him that you regret that the situation had to result in negative feedback for both of you, and that you would like him to consider a mutual withdrawal.

Couldn't hurt, at least.

Guess What! This guy replied back to my feedback and said : My Bad...he was wrong for leaving the neg. Feedback...He also emailed me and said he did not read everything...So I am pretty sure he will do a mutual feedback withdrawal. But will that remove the Neg - So I am back to 100%? Thanks again for your help.....Donna
The comments will stay, but the neg won't count against you anymore "numerically".

Percentage-wise, it'll be like you never got it, but there will still be comments in your feedback, along with a notation by eBay that says "buyer and seller mutually agreed to withdraw feedback, blah blah".

Good news - hope the buyer follows through!
When selling cell phones, always include the ID number and put in bold that the buyer is responsible for checking activation in their area.

Also, I know it takes a moment, but if I have an item with some sort of flaw and the buyer has a low number, I will sometimes email them BEFORE I ship the item and say "I just wanted to make sure that you are aware that BLAH BLAH". One email saves a lot of headache later.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.