Skip to main content

I listed the same way I always do, but for some reason my listing is in my "saved" folder here on Auctiva, not in the "Active" listings, and it hasn't shown up on ebay.

I even tried doing it again -- I pulled it up in my "Saved" folder, then hit "post". It said, as it had the first time, that it was posting the listing to ebay -- but it didn't.

Any idea what's going on or how to make it post?

Thanks in advance!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

AH, I hadn't scrolled far enough down the page.

The problem is ebay's asinine assumption regarding how low they think shipping costs are -- there's a message saying "The total amount for shipping service cost and insurance exceeds $4.00 maximum allowed for selected category."

How does ebay expect me to ship a hardcover book and a softcover book for $4.00 INCLUDING insurance, when insurance is $1.70 minimum????
I knew about the $4.00 maximum shipping, which in itself is too low if I ship priority, but I didn't think that the insurance was supposed to be part of that amount as well!
Now you know why I didn't open a book store on eBay. Roll Eyes I was selling Antiquarians.

eBay seems to believe everyone should be like Amazon in terms of shipping costs, i.e. large scale and leveling would probably justify a $4.00 rate (media). Insurance isn't in that number, as far as I recall. It's just not a fair system for small scale sellers (IMO).

FYI...I believe lots, more than one, have a higher number for flat limit.

Also, calculated is probably a better method.

Danno

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.