Skip to main content

Sorta new to this so Im still learning. Kind of a hands on learner but Im stuck on the seller details thing.
I fill out my information and click on Next until the very last page where it asks me to save. I hit save and give it a title name.
Then I go to post a new listing. Shouldnt the seller detail information already be blown into the part where you list item description? I assumed thats what it would do but Im having trouble trying to figure it out.
Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by amyandrob501:
Sorta new to this so Im still learning. Kind of a hands on learner but Im stuck on the seller details thing.
I fill out my information and click on Next until the very last page where it asks me to save. I hit save and give it a title name.
Then I go to post a new listing. Shouldnt the seller detail information already be blown into the part where you list item description? I assumed thats what it would do but Im having trouble trying to figure it out.
Thanks!

Hello Amy and Rob,

Glad to hear that you got your Seller Details done. That is always time consuming! Smile

However you are not done yet. You need to do your 'Master', 'Item Details', 'Marketing Tools', 'Shipping' and 'Checkout' Profiles as well.

In your 'Items Details' profile you are going to want to scroll down to the Template section. Where it says, 'Select Seller Details', pull down the menu and choose yours. Then save to your profile name. (ex. SellDetail_01) or whatever you want for easy reference.

Once you have modifed all of your profiles, you save them into a Master Profile. Then when you are at your 'Listings' menu, you go to 'Create new listing from Master Profile', pull down the menu and select your master profile. Everything you did prior in all those profiles will be autoloaded.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
No, it's not automatically done. On the listing page, scroll about 3/4 of the way down until you see two slots on the right side of the page. The top slot has "pick seller details" You click on that and then on the name of the seller details that you want to use. You can have different seller details for different types of auctions which is why you have to choose which one you want. Hope that helps. Smile
Hi, Same topic question, but this concerns managing Seller Details profiles.

Unless I am missing something, existing Seller Details profiles are not shown on the Manage Profiles screen, where I thought I would find them.

Can someone please tell me the most direct route to get to the screen that lets me see a list of my existing Seller Details profiles, and copy, edit, or delete them?

There must be a faster way than what I am doing now: Profiles, to Seller Details, pops up a new SD profile menu, create a dummy blank one named *, save it, then, at last, I see the list of my existing SD profiles, including the * one, and the copy edit delete buttons I want to use.

What am I missing? Or is the manage SD profiles screen buried for a reason that I don't understand.

Thanks!
Hi Wilbere -

Seller Details are a profile in that you can enter your information and choose to use one of them over and over again.

However, because SDs are based on whether or not you use a template and because a Seller Details profile can be saved *within* an Item Details profile, they are not treated completely like the other profiles.

Thanks!
Cara

Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Wilbere:
Hi, Same topic question, but this concerns managing Seller Details profiles.

Unless I am missing something, existing Seller Details profiles are not shown on the Manage Profiles screen, where I thought I would find them.

Can someone please tell me the most direct route to get to the screen that lets me see a list of my existing Seller Details profiles, and copy, edit, or delete them?

There must be a faster way than what I am doing now: Profiles, to Seller Details, pops up a new SD profile menu, create a dummy blank one named *, save it, then, at last, I see the list of my existing SD profiles, including the * one, and the copy edit delete buttons I want to use.

What am I missing? Or is the manage SD profiles screen buried for a reason that I don't understand.

Thanks!

Hello Wilbere,

If you click on Profiles > Manage Seller Details and do not see a profile there and only see 'Create New', then the only possibilities are that I can think of:

1. You have not correctly saved your Seller Details Profile

or

2. You have a glitch that the support team at Auctiva is going to have to look at, which you will need to submit a help ticket on it.

Just to let you know, I did test my account and created a new seller details profile called "TestProfile". I went through each option and clicked next to the end. I clicked on Save as New, entered my TestProfile name and saved it. It now appears next to my master profile. (Profiles > Manage Seller Details) from which I can Copy/Edit/Delete.

Best regards,
Thanks, Tim!

The navigation that I was looking for was in your reply: Profiles tab, then on that opening screen, look in the second blue box at the right, second option is ta da "Manage Seller Details." I click on that, and there are my Seller Detail profies, with the copy, edit, delete buttons. Perfect!

I never noticed that before, and am delighted that I can skip that whole rigamarole I described to manage my SD profiles.

You da man!

Best,

Wilbere
quote:
Originally posted by Wilbere:
Thanks, Tim!

The navigation that I was looking for was in your reply: Profiles tab, then on that opening screen, look in the second blue box at the right, second option is ta da "Manage Seller Details." I click on that, and there are my Seller Detail profies, with the copy, edit, delete buttons. Perfect!

I never noticed that before, and am delighted that I can skip that whole rigamarole I described to manage my SD profiles.

You da man!

Best,

Wilbere

Hey Wilbere,

So glad to hear that! I think a lot of us where stumbling around in the dark when we first got on Auctiva. I'm still learning things almost on a daily basis. Smile

Keep in touch. See around the community!

Best regards,

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.