Skip to main content

Howdy Ho Folks!!! Hope all is well with everyone and your all selling like hot cakes, Wink.

Well I do believe I will be closing my ebay store, I'm still not in a house yet and nearly 99% of my ebay stuff is sitting in a storage. Not to mention some dingy blond (sons girlfriend) went and packed my camera and has no idea in which of the 100 plus boxes she packed it in. (I'm still steaming over this one) But mostly because I see Ebay falling on their faces over the lastest fee hike and need to venture out finally so I've decided to OPEN a ECRATER store.

My question is (finally I know) Cool Right now I'm just going to be selling my Neck Coolers and I'm wondering if I should open a store just for neck coolers (pet coolers to be added before next summer)? Or should I keep my ebay store name and sell the a variety of stuff once I get my camera unpacked? Is having one store better then having several?
One last question, if I do (or if you guys decide for me, lol) that I open a store for coolers what should I name it? Angel's Neck Coolers? I will keep my ebay store name if I decide to open a general ecrater store.

Thanx in advance for your priceless input!!!

Smile Smile Smile
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The amount of ecraters that I have are five plus.

Some are item specific and some aren't.

To me? Why not be as item specific as possible when the stores are free. Neck Coolers in one, Garage Sale items in another, books in another, yada yada..

Go for it Lisa..open a few. Keep your keywords strong and meta tags plentiful to draw those buyers in.

Good to see you!
Donna
Okay, so now I am really wondering if I need to change the name of my ecrater store url or will my description will be enough to get the keywords out there.

Right now the name is the same as my ebay store.... I sell mainly Ralph lauren Kids clothes but also carry other lines. I will have my domain name forwarded to so it is not real crucial in that regards.

Okay, something else to think about today. Smile

Marcia
One thing I learned when I was planning ahead to open a store at Wagglepop the first time around ... the Name of your store might be just enough to get you the better ranking!

Items specific to the name is the best way to go!

HOWEVER, I am beginning to wonder about whether it is actually better to have 5 stores each with less then 100 items in it or 1 store with 500 items. I wonder this because my mens store has over 500 items and does great on ecraters. My womens store and formal dress store both with about 100 items or less don't do nearly as well. My jewelry store with only about 20 items --- lol, it does nothing - rarely even gets hits!

I do belive that your neck coolers are strong enough to stand on their own. Get that store open! lol! You need help, you know how to find me. I can't believe you haven't already done this!
quote:
Originally posted by eWonders:
Hi Angel Lisa,

My thought.... 4 the day...

...Remember "Branding" like your ebay store your branding name is important and should be similar in all your stores..... Smile

Mike..

You doin well? Moving soon? Job going well? Daughters still beautiful? Wife still the best in the world? The bird still squawking?
<smile>

My Best,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
quote:
Hi Angel Lisa,

...Remember "Branding" like your ebay store your branding name is important and should be similar in all your stores..... Smile

Mike..

You doin well? Moving soon? Job going well? Daughters still beautiful? Wife still the best in the world? The bird still squawking?
<smile>

My Best,
Donna

OMG... as I read this.... Isabelle.(ready for bed)...swuawked... Your to darn funny!!!!

Otherwise, yes we are packing now and moving the family to Lansing Michigan, so..Wifey can begin Law School....Then when she's done We want to find a nice southern town for her practice. (a good man stands with his ladies dreams Smile ) Its a big change for all of us... new places, Shopping, Food and schools for the kids and friends to make. Work..well it's fun and work.. I have two webcast forums for Cooking light this week and and the nexw week, I look forward to sharing some ideas... I'd like to hear any of your thoughts on that Donna. (windcougar06 at aol dot com)

I hope to be on more often soon as we get settled up there... in the coming month. Being missed means alot, Donna.. your a true SuthrnJewl
My brotherinlaw is moving in your direction..You & your's are in the Raleigh Durham area, right? He has been asked to take the position of the Executive National Director of ******* so he sold his dental practice of almost 30 years in Asheville. (edited for privacy) We're so proud of him!

A Big move away from the mtns of Asheville that they love so much. But the pictures we've seen of the area are beautiful, too.

Well, of course you'll return to a southern town. DUH! <smile> I can't imagine living anywhere outside the Mason-Dixon lines.

Sure, I'll be happy to let you pick my gray matter...what's left of it anyway. <smile>

Kewl beans on the webcast forums..I just love Southern Living Magazine and everything they do.

You can always find me via this email address

Suthrnjewl at Suthrnjewl dot com

I'll zip you over an email sometime today.

Later Gator,
Donna
quote:
Hi Angel Lisa,

Yes branding is important but so it that keyword url for SEO. No reason the store can't still be branded using the keyword url Wink

If you really want the best of both worlds you get the keyword URL and then get you own domain and have it FWed to eCrater. That way your customers find you by name and search engines find you by keyword!

BTW - nice to see you Mike, best of luck on the move Smile
quote:
Originally posted by AngelLisa:
THANK YOU D, I got neckcoolers.ecrater.com and will name it Angel's Neck Coolers and More. I looked thru ecrater and couldn't find any neck coolers so maybe I'll make some dough, I'm sick of making ebay rich, lol.

Next Lisa...

But your domain name (they're cheap right now) and forward it over to the URL to your eBay store until you get the ecrater set up.

It's well worth it plus then you'll have the email addresses and more that come with it.

Proud of you,
Donna
okay, thanx Donna. Who should I use? I've read the threads talking about domain names several times however I'm still clueless. The only one I know of is godaddy, tell me who you recommend and I'll go with them cause I know you do your homework with all A+'s? Smile
They must be cheap cause money isn't one thing I'm rolling in right now.

Also I haven't a clue on what name to pick. I do know I have several loyal customers on ebay but thats mostly for my fabric. Do I need a domain name for each ecrater store? I don't think I can afford that if so. I know alot of people search me on ebay using Angel's Attic, should I go with something like that?

I know a zillion questions of which I should know all the answers to but I always second guess myself when it comes to stuff like this.
quote:
Originally posted by AngelLisa:
okay, thanx Donna. Who should I use? I've read the threads talking about domain names several times however I'm still clueless. The only one I know of is godaddy, tell me who you recommend and I'll go with them cause I know you do your homework with all A+'s? Smile
They must be cheap cause money isn't one thing I'm rolling in right now.

Also I haven't a clue on what name to pick. I do know I have several loyal customers on ebay but thats mostly for my fabric. Do I need a domain name for each ecrater store? I don't think I can afford that if so. I know alot of people search me on ebay using Angel's Attic, should I go with something like that?

I know a zillion questions of which I should know all the answers to but I always second guess myself when it comes to stuff like this.

I use namecheap.com
They accept Paypal, too!

Just start with one domain name. I have several but they are item specific.

Name? Item specific name. You can always use meta tags to put in Angels Attic etc.

I'm outta here pretty soon..you know where to find me if you need me.

Also, email works.
Suthrnjewl at Suthrnjewl dot com

My Best,
Donna

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.