Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Elane,
I have asked this question over & over..here is my original post to Auctiva..

LifeisLike
Elite

Posted June 20, 2009 08:33 AM
Auctiva,

Why all of a sudden are we being required to sign-in over & over when going from the forum to Auctiva? This is absolutely driving me crazy.

Please put it back the way it has always been.
Checking the 'Remember Me Box' does absolutely nothing. Once you leave and come to the forum, you have to sign in all over again when you go back.

Please this is really, really annoying. I would really, really appreciate you changing it back.

www.VintageBoardwalk.Com

And then Auctiva Jeff posted this:

Auctiva Jeff
Auctiva CEO
Elite

Posted June 28, 2009 11:25 AM

As far as I know this is a bug and it will be changed back to how it was.

And then Auctiva Mike posted this:

Auctiva Mike D.
Auctiva Support
Elite
Posted July 15, 2009 05:58 PM
Hi Community,

We have made some changes to address the issue of some users being logged out prematurely a couple weeks ago (back when this thread was more active) and it seems to have addressed the problem for most users that were reporting it. We are not aware any specific issues currently that would account for this behavior, so this may be something we would want to look into further. However, there are some potential points of confusion here that I'd like to clarify.

We did deliberately change the "Remember Me" functionality on the site for security reasons such that the cookie that is added to your browser when you check that option will only remember your username and not your password. This is not something that is expected to change moving forward.

There is also another security measure programmed into the site that makes it so, if your account is left idle for one hour, a pop up prompt will come up warning you that your session is about to time out that contains a button you can click if you'd like to extend the session. If you are not around to click that button in the pop up prompt, your session will expire and you'll be logged out.

If you are being logged out prematurely in a manner that does not seem to correspond with either of these measures, please contact our customer support team and provide as many details as possible regarding the circumstances under which you are logged out. You can contact our customer support team using the form on the following page: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike

Elane
I know you didn't ask for all of this, but I wanted to combine the communications in one place for others who may not have seen this topic.
I for one have never seen a Pop-Up warning me the session was about to expire.

I don't care about the Remember Me button...but please change the time-out to something longer than an 'hour'. This is just so frustrating and I'm sorry and again I understand some of the reasoning behind it for security measures..but come on you guys, this is overkill.

Please at least set it to 24 hours and if you can't do that then at the very minimum, 12 hours OR let the user choose their time-out.
Please....
If you have cleaned your computer, put in user name and then password, with remember me checked: it will not remember you if you hit enter instead of clicking Log In. Took me days to get it to remember me.

Auctiva, why can't we choose to stay logged in for 24 hours like we can on eBay?

I/m tired of working on a listing and by time I upload pictures and maybe do some price or other research on my item, I am logged out and often lose what I have.

booklady
Hi everyone.
I am having the same problem regarding getting booted out. If I need to check something that has to do with my Auctiva listing description I am logged out, even if it is less than an hour. Or if I am adding something say Images to my listing it makes me sign in again. Then I lose everything I put in. The only way I don't lose it if I put it in Microsoft Word and Enter save it as.
Even Ebay has save draft if you go to revise an active listing.

Can someone shed some present light on this one?

Thank you!

chacarol3
It used to be true that if you check the box that says "remember me" and it will keep you logged on. Now, it logs you out anyway if you are idle for 1 hour. I now have to constantly log in.

When I asked about this problem I was told that most of Auctiva's customers work in places where security may be a problem so I should just live with it. I work at home where security is not a problem. I asked that they consider allowing more time, but was rebuffed.
"Or if I am adding something say Images to my listing it makes me sign in again."

Me too. Anytime I leave Auctiva, I am signed out, even if I come back within a few minutes. Occasionally, while I'm in the middle of producing an auction with Auctiva and I go to select a category, when the new window opens, I am required to sign into that window too, even though I am still signed in to the main listing page! What a pain Mad
Yes logout after 1 hour is way too short. While listing, sometimes researching a hard to find item takes a long time and get logged out and lose everything that's been typed in. Maybe give the option to stay logged in with a checkbox such as ebay uses to stay logged in for 24 hours. If on a public computer simply don't check the box.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.