Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

if Auctiva doesn't respond to your post please file a Support case. I have asked for this for a year and a half. They do not seem to grasp the gold mine they have in the Closed Listing folder that with minor (as I have said ad nauseum if its not minor that the entire design is suspect)Twice I have had to manually change listings. I suppose if all your listings are in the Saved Folder and they are all current you could globally change the return policy there and re-list from there. Not ideal but it might save time. My saved listings are not current as I use the closed Listings to re-list so that didn't work for me
FYI just thought I would pass this along for those who, like me, were unsure and may be wanting to take returns ...I spoke to ebay rep yesterday about return policy. He said if you put 14 day return policy, that does not mean they have to be returned it in 14 days, that means buyer has to CONTACT you in 14 days. I said then how long do they have to return the item....long pause. Well, anytime after that. I said anytime??? Seriously???? he said, YES. I reminded him ebay claims were 45 days...long pause and no response. I said, I do not like the open end how do we get around that. He said, IF you want back in certain time frame, you need to put a note in return area that after they contact you about return, tracking needs to be uploaded to ebay within certain time. ___________(days, weeks, months) (whatever time you are comfortable with).

Strange, when I see a retail store return policy as 14 days, 30 whatever, I always assumed I had to return the item to the store by then. I did not know sending them a note that I was returning item extended that time indefinitely. Wink Wonder what retail store would buy that????

Just figured others may assume they have 14 days to RETURN it is NOT, it is 14 days (after that big holiday party is over and they have worn your beautiful dress they can then notify you, oh, wait they still have time to wear for new years party, could possibly squeeze a early valentine day in there. Big Grin then they can return it. ha...my note...not ebays thoughts!!

Happy returning....oh, I mean selling!!! Wink
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Wow we sell vintage clothes so the open ended return could be huge.
I have been considering volunteering on ebay radio if Griff will accept, as a case study over the year to see how many extra and or long term returns we recieve by these new polices.

With vintage clothing the size varies by a ton and seldom matches todays sizes.
We provide full measurements and still get people asking to return. Now with these new polices we are forced to return weather they read the numbers we provide or not.
So our new policy is go ahead and bid don't read a thing we will send it to you if it don't fit send it back for a full refund.

If it does fit wear it this weekend and you dont get lucky send it back for a full refund.
Use it for a couple of weeks if you do get lucky and send it back for a full refund. Pick out another one from us or any other vintage seller and repeat.
Now I will have to add in just make sure you contact us in 14 days, And then Take as much Time with it as you would like before sending it back.
Wow that is a sweet deal!
I think I will shop for my new trade in flat screen TV now. Just till I find the one that is just right of course.

There is got to be a better way

lookandbuyme Thank You for the heads up! I will have to add the You must provided tracking number in x days to the policy

Here is my current revamped return policy. It is also our Terms of sale section on our templete. Before i revamp again does anyone have any thoughts?

All of our Vintage Items are Sold as is. That means there are NO Refunds unless the item is Grossly Misstated.
Prior to Bidding or Purchasing you agree to the fallowing......
Please take the time to super size the pictures and have a good look before you Bid!
You are Required To Use The Measurements Provided for a Correct Fit.
If you are not sure of the Fit Please write and we will be Happy to Help!
Thanks and Please write with any Questions you may have.
We Love to Chat!
Hi Fear and or sanity....you do NOT have to accept returns at all period. HAHAHA we know in ebayland that is a joke, but you can put that you do not take them. Sorry if I confused you. In first line it says "unsure and wanting to take returns" but should have been clearer but know if you are like me you are a skimmer and that could have been missed.

HOWEVER, my understanding is that you can't qualify for seller discount if you do not take returns AND offer l day shipping time and post your tracking within that 1 day period of time (except weekends). Now I could be wrong, but that was impression I got from rep yesterday.

Even with non-vintage the sizing is not standard. We measure everything and same problem. We sometimes put that this runs small read measurements and same story.

I do not know if you know, you can put in a re-stocking fee. I am going to start out doing that just to see how it plays out. But it will be determined on case by case basis whether I deduct it or not depending on if they send nasty-gram or not.

Love it "wear it and if you don't get lucky" Hysterical. You think the way I do.

This is now called RENT TO NOT OWN!! OR RENT TO RETURN!

My suggestion and it is just that...a suggestion. IF you have lots of listings do it in profile rather than in body of listing, in case bay changes the rules again you can just fix profile and not do each and every listing. *** You will have to put on the form return area even if you put in listing as I understand ebay is trying to get uniform standards (after they get them they will return them) for some other standard.

Not being a teacher but spell "following" correctly... (figure you were in rush typing...but I would want to know if going on all auctions, just in case you cut/paste.

Hope this helps...I doubt anyone wants to take returns...but lets face it in ebayland if you don't they will make something up anyway if you don't take.
Hi avamac,

Thanks for posting your question here. If you have listings on your Saved Listings page that you would like to edit to comply with eBay's new return policy guidelines, you should be able to edit up to 250 listings at a time with your new return policy details using the "Find and Replace" tool that is available on that page.

Once you have checked the boxes next to the listings you would like to revise in this manner on your Saved Listings page, just click the “Find and Replace” button along the top, select “Return Policy” from the “Select Field to Edit” drop down menu on the ensuing page, and then proceed as directed.

If you have active listings that you would like to change to reflect your new return policy, you should be able to accomplish that similarly using the “Bulk Revise” option that is available along the top of your Auctiva Active Listings page.

As others who have contributed to this thread have mentioned, we do not currently offer a way to edit the return policy in listings being relisted using the “Bulk Relist” option on the Closed Listings page.

Therefore, if you need to change the return policies in items you are relisting from the Closed Listings page, you would need to do so during the process of relisting them individually using the “Edit and Relist” option that is displayed next to each one. Alternatively, you could update your return policies in bulk on the Saved Listings page and post them anew from there.

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our customer support team by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike
H E L P. . . .

I am attempting to revise my listings. (I am revising the saved and as they end hoping they will get the new information. It appears that 14 day is automatically put in if you took returns for 7 before??? Also, please tell me how to change the in the listing so preview will show new information. Here is how I am doing it please help
PROFILES
MANAGE ALL
CHECKOUT
EDIT
ADDITIONAL RETURN POLICY DETAILS (or ebay system shows at RETURN POLICY DETAILS)

I put in information and saved it. NOW...am noticing while the 14 days is showing up in the PREVIEW the additional details are not.

Am I missing something??? Or is my brain out to lunch. I figured this would be easier just to do as listings end and then relist since I relist from saved anyway.

How do we do this...please auctiva or someone help before weekend starts ??? Thanks
Hi Vickie,

Your brain is not out to lunch Smile I just looked into this a bit and it appears that the payment/return details will show in the preview for some listings, but not others. There's a bug there somewhere. All the additional details should be included on the listing once it posts to eBay though. If the details aren't making into the listing on eBay, please let us know ASAP. In the meantime I'll have an engineer look into the bug. Thanks!
Well, thanks so much. I thought, am losing my mind,(what is left of it) and was walking around with tune of "IF I only had a brain" from Oz in my head. I just KNEW that was where I had changed it before to make it permanent without worrying again. I had tried several days, several browsers. So at least tonight I can sleep without thinking of a way to do this that I missed. I must be only paranoid person who previews all new listings before launching them.

Thanks.
back when the eBay email mandate came I I tried the same thing and was told there were few people in my position. I am sorry that you have joined those "FEW"

One last time allow us to pay you another $5.00, yes $5.00, a month. Give us some useful changes (yes the new screens look nice ) heck even install them only in the new screens. Sorry folks I don't like the new screens but I'll do anything to get some time saving (read that money producing) changes. Also as the deal maker up the storage to 2 gigs for images. All of us are aware of how inexpensive storage has become so why not share the "wealth".

Please don't mention that the changes are too complicated or that the Saved Folder is so much different than the Closed Folder. Please even non IT types can see with their own eyes that the screens used for editing a Closed Listing are them same format if not the same screens as the ones used in the Saved Folder for editing listings.
Sorry "that dog don't hunt".

Don't make me repost my epic post about why some of these changes should not be that difficult

Oh well another vain attempt at actually getting someone to believe what we say

The other change (I know there are many but others will have their favorites as well) is make the API change, to the to the eBay feed, so we can use the new Picture Pak on eBay. That would save us all the time on manually doing it once on eBay and also boast sales hopefully. Well I voted for my 2 changes
Last edited by edneff
Thus far as most of you know I hate change, So when I started using Auctiva I did it that way so I do my re-listings from the saved listing page.

HOWEVER, I have considered switching to closed as I hear it is easier. I too would like to see it function as the saved page does so that the switch would be painless. It does seem to me that they should be pretty much alike so how can it be that difficult to fix it so it functions same.

As far as new screens, I am on the fence about them, I am a paranoid about checking rechecking listings so seeing the specifics in preview is great for me. May like better when glitches are out. I too had rather have some of these things we mention frequently functioning rather than pretty cosmetic changes.
Auctiva, When I do relist the new policy I put up in NOT transferring to ebay the new way. Only thing that is changing is the # of days. At ebays suggestion since I do not want items coming back with open end return date I have to have a return time limit in that area. So new policy is NOT showing up the old one is unless the steps I used above are incorrect way to do this.

Can't relist without this unless I want to go in and change listings after the post WHICH I DO NOT as it is a waste of my time. If I fix profile this should work right as items end, I they will pick up new profile or have in the past. I do not need to know a "go around". We need a fix????
Go arounds cost us money and I frankly am having a problem keeping up with all of them now. I feel like a dog chasing my tail with all of the go arounds or wait on or list and go back when we get whatever fixed and do them again's.

This is something that needs to be fixed quick!
3-bs. . . I am assuming you mean I should have taken care of this earlier???? YOU are 100% right we did get warning and so did auctiva? However, I am sure ONLY response to this will be just to have it done if it is answered at all. . but what was the advantage of changing early??? In terms of selling??? (frankly I only saw NO advantages, only disadvantages). Doing over I STILL would not have done when announced. What was the financial gain to be had by rushing to change return policies to 14 days??? if taking returns? I saw/see no reason to rush. Why rush in for something that is NOT to sellers advantage at all????

Plus, why go in and change 2000 listings when you should be able to change through checkout on ONE or two sentence changes IF you want to put a limit on time they have to return it. . and/or restock charge 5 minute change or less as listing ends, zap, you go into your saved and relist it and when you relist if you do through saved it picks the up the change and is in your saved listing forever (OR SHOULD IF AUCTIVA were ready). Closed NO, that may be another story. Frankly I saw - see no need to change 2,000 pain or easy when i could do if system worked with such a small effort and then would have in saved in case I used that listing to make another.

Curious did changes pick up in saved listing page listings??? Or just on closed ones?? Or did you have to change in ebay and auctiva systems. Since I do not used closed much am not sure what their system picks up.

I was - am ready, Auctiva is not obviously. This really should have been tested by auctiva when reported, perhaps rather than having me do it for them. Thankfully I only did one to check it. IF I had auto listed OR done a bunch at once, I would have been livid, as all of my listings would have hit the air without the IMPORTANT details I put in listing.

Ed. . . that would only solve problem doing from closed I guess or am I over/under thinking this??? It would not pick up changes in saved right??? Seems to me like you have mentioned, there needs to be more than one way to do this through auctiva...i.e. closed and saved and right not neither works like it should way I see it. Ebay system picks up the 14 days I put in (or they are automatically putting it if you had return before they are changing system wide, or auctiva system is picking up the 14 days I put in but NOT the details for returning, which to me is HUGE, as I do not want open ended return policy.

Most people will not even notice they are not posting right, as most of the people I know do not preview listings often and rarely look once they are posted to ebay. Also some did not change the details as I am doing at ebay suggestion if I want limits on returns and/or re-stock fee.

Thanks for any input if I am missing something here. .
Ed. . . thanks. . ...I thought that. AFTER changing in ebay and item ends flips back to auctiva does that mean each month we have to revise there??? I am figuring in closed listings it goes back to auctiva system with NEW UPDATED stuff?

But if we do as bozo here and do from saved it does not make permanent change right?

I know I am probably OVER THINKING this but really seems doing in profile (IF you do as I do and go from saved) it would be a quick fix. Guess nothing is quick anymore - ha!

Just wish at least ONE of the ways whether it be from saved or closed worked completely 100% right. And would be nice if BOTH had same features (believe me I am not totally adverse to doing from closed it just seems that auctiva is not ready for that completely at this point?)

Thanks for your help.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.