Skip to main content

Hi. I'm listing a 1920 railroad travel brochure in the transportation->railroadiana, trains->paper->books->1900-now category and find a new item specifics field now, one that's stand-alone from "choose item specifics," called "custom item specifics." (this option used to be within the "item specifics" drop-down)

It has fields for these options: classification, product+type, transportation type (listed three times), airlines, product type, theme, region/country, film+type.

Okay, I guess one can make sense of those or delete them as appropriate.

But what I can't figure out are two header fields at the very top of the box containing the other fields. They are for: "detail name" and "value" (?).

Might anyone know what those mean? I was looking at new listings in the same category where this is going to see if anyone's using these "options" but don't see any yet.

Thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I figured out what those new fields are. They are actually an improvement for item specific options in some categories and allow seller to create his/her own item specific by entering the detail name and answer. You could type "publication date" in "detail name" and "1949" in "value" field, click "add" and that item specific will be added to your listing.

Could be this is old news....
You can use the Detail Name and Value to add fields in addition to those on the list. Note, you can also drop those that aren't applicable using Remove, and sort the list by "dragging" the name or clicking the sort arrows.

It does what it implies, add "Custom" Specifics. If it's that new for the category, it may not show in many listings. I did just spot one:

Custom Specifications Example on eBay

And....It's an Auctiva member. Smile

Danno
Thanks. Yeah, it took me a while to realize that's what it was. At first I thought there was a new ebay "opportunity" to include your estimation of the item's dollar value....I was baffled but not shocked....figuring it could be some kind of new DSR category like "seller's estimate came close/closer/closest to realized price."
quote:
Originally posted by N:
Is/was this occurring in Auctiva's specifics list or on eBay's?
I am and have been having trouble here on Auctiva getting the specifics to offer a choice I can use. The only one I get is the new or used. The rest of the options don't work. Is that all that there is?

Hi there! I have asked this question multiple times and Auctiva Support has NEVER answered. Only on a few of my auctions do I get anything to choose from but "New" or "Used." This does not help when you are listing an antique or vintage item. Of course, that type of listing would be "Used"!!! It is very time consuming to have to go to eBay and revise every single listing so Item Specifics show up. Auctiva Support, please give us some answer to this!!!
Jeanie B
We both are asking or stating the same thing. Neither one of us has been able to find anything in the drop down list "except" new or used on Auctiva.
So my question to you or Danno was, are you talking about ebay specifics or auctiva, which now you've answered.
I am going to guess that "more" and or "new" spcifics have been added to the drop down list here on Auctiva recently, is that correct? Because if not, both of us only get two options...not a choice of what it's made of the maker, or anything for me but new or used.
I have store, so my prices are BIN and fixed for the most part. Perhaps for an auction type you get diff options.
I will be checking after while to see if it now offers me anything but new and used.
Hope this helps explain the statements and questions.
Hi,

There is usually an "Item Specifics" and for some categories there is also a "Custom Specifics". Normally, the Item Specifics on the Auctiva one-page lister should match those used at eBay and many only have "New" or "Used". It really depends on the item category for what's available.

The 1st post on the thread by SGM was asking about "Custom Specifics", and his example in that Category (4132) has very little for Item Specifics, but has Custom to add detail.

I would normally check active listings in the same category at eBay and see if any have an Item Specifics section. If it doesn't match what's available on the one-page lister, ask Auctiva using a Support Case to see if they can prioritize it for update.

Hope that helps.

Danno

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.