Skip to main content

The old image uploader system worked fine without a glitch. Last night a new system suddenly appeared. when attempting to upload images from my computer files, the screen freezes and nothing happens. Worse, I am unable to exit or close anything down. On twelve attempts last night, I had to force quit my computer. I am now stuck, unable to make any new listings.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am glad you brought this up as I thought it might just be me.

I have had freezing all over the screen. When trying to input numbers or even scheduling the date (which is only upon listing individually) because bulk relist scheduling is currently broken.

It eventually unfreezes for me. But it takes forever to get through a listing. Also it is worst in Chrome, somewhat better in Mozilla but image issues are worse in mozilla.
OK, I think I figured it out. Instead of clicking "Run" I clicked cancel, and another popup opens with all kinds of warnings and a box to check stating you accept the risk. I checked the box, then clicked Run. Desktop opens empty as before, but I clicked the tiny file/document icon in the top left corner, and all my computer files dropped down. Then clicked on the file I wanted and was able to select and upload files. Still seems a little buggy...doesn't automatically open manage images page after uploading like it used to, and portions of the page seem to disappear. Hopefully Auctiva will work out the bugs soon.
Hi Community,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing. We are currently hearing from some users who are having trouble with the new Auctiva Uploader that was released earlier this week, but there does not appear to be a common solution that will address every possible issue that I can post here.

If you continue to encounter issues of this nature with the new uploader, please file a support case from under the “Help” tab within your account and we will do our best to assist you individually.

Also, we have made the previous version of the Auctiva Uploader available at http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/AurigmaUI.aspx so you should still be able to access it as a workaround by logging into your account and entering that URL in the Address field of your browser.

Although accessing the previous version of the uploader in this manner will not allow you to use it when uploading from the lister page, it should allow you to upload images into your account from outside the listing process such that they can then be selected from your uploaded images when creating your listings.

-Mike
quote:
Originally posted by mysticfrog:
OK, I think I figured it out. Instead of clicking "Run" I clicked cancel, and another popup opens with all kinds of warnings and a box to check stating you accept the risk. I checked the box, then clicked Run. Desktop opens empty as before, but I clicked the tiny file/document icon in the top left corner, and all my computer files dropped down. Then clicked on the file I wanted and was able to select and upload files. Still seems a little buggy...doesn't automatically open manage images page after uploading like it used to, and portions of the page seem to disappear. Hopefully Auctiva will work out the bugs soon.

I tried this too, but still got nothing at all other than a blank screen with 0 files shown & no way to get my files into the upload area....really really frustrating & enough to stop using Auctiva...come on guys, we PAY for service from you not a system that refuses to work!
I had problems too for a couple of days but it now seems to be working fine - I can also upload more images per session with the new version. Doesn't work very well with Chrome though - but then nor did the old version. On IE the upload is pretty quick. But, why oh why weren't we told this new version was going to be installed?. It's not asking too much for an announcement on the Home Page, is it? Well is it Auctiva?
Hi

below was from a post eailer in this threead

From Mike..
Hi Community,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing. We are currently hearing from some users who are having trouble with the new Auctiva Uploader that was released earlier this week, but there does not appear to be a common solution that will address every possible issue that I can post here.

If you continue to encounter issues of this nature with the new uploader, please file a support case from under the “Help” tab within your account and we will do our best to assist you individually.

Also, we have made the previous version of the Auctiva Uploader available at http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/AurigmaUI.aspx so you should still be able to access it as a workaround by logging into your account and entering that URL in the Address field of your browser.

Although accessing the previous version of the uploader in this manner will not allow you to use it when uploading from the lister page, it should allow you to upload images into your account from outside the listing process such that they can then be selected from your uploaded images when creating your listings.
I hate this new uploader. I did figure it out before I came here to check to see what the heck was going on. Yes, I cancelled the run when it came up, and was able to get to the uploader, but I can't rotate just one pic. When I click on the one I want to rotate, it rotates the next one too! I have to post them to my listing, then go in and edit from there.
Also when it finished uploading my pics and I clicked done, pics were not there. I had to go in and add numbers to each pic and then hit done.
This is a nightmare. Would have been good to have known about this change ahead of time.
I hate it! Please go back to the old way of uploading pics!!!
I panicked, too, when I was hurrying to add pics to a listing, and *bam* got a completely unfamiliar uploading window. It was upsetting - sellers are often working at full speed trying to get stuff done.
I did figure it out after a little (stressful) fiddling.
You guys at Auctiva usually provide really great, personalized service, in my experience.
However, when you are springing a big change like this on busy, multi-taking users, you really should give a heads-up. A simple little tutorial would have gone a long way to ease the transition, too.
I hope Auctiva will carefully consider making these transitions smoother in the future.
My platform is Mac/Chrome, and everything is working fine now. I even think I'll like it once I get over the initial trauma. ha.
image hosting is still freezing when pressing the upload button. has anyone been able to figure out a solution to the problem? i filed a support case yesterday, still awaiting another response. they suggested i use the old url for the time being, its just that when trying to list 50 plus auctions in a day, it would take double the time. new java has been downloaded. any help would be much appreciated.
Have a MAC with OS X 10.7 & latest Safari, uploader working but very item description field very laggy. Tried Firefox 23.0.1 but uploader just sits dormant with no action. Tried a Windows 7 PC w/IE 10, but inconsistent ability to get a cursor to show i Item Description field. Was told we were still using old version of Item desc. tool & can switch to new version in account preferences, but caution if you change there is no going back. Although everyone will be pushed to use new version soon. Works with MAC is what I was told, didn't try it as I'm having enough trouble with the uploader. On MAC I installed the 64bit version of the Opera browser and although the interface is a bit different, Item Description editor works as well as the uploader. You have to make sure you get the 64bit version as 32bit won't allow the uploader to load at all. The 64bit file will have x64.exe file extension (ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/win/1214/en/). We've been working at this for hours & many different work arounds and downloads. I have it currently working with the previous instructions but I have no idea
if this will work for everyone's configuration. I'm trying to pass on 1 possible solution. Oh yes I almost forgot, tech support was able to replicate the uploader issue that we sent earlier & are working with the developer for a solution.
I hope this helps someone, good luck!
Ugghhh I thought it was just me...I'm ready to tear my hair out with this thing. I FINALLY got past all the security warnings, no files, and all the other BS and the pics don't even upload into the listing. They just upload and then I have to click on them a second time to get them into the listing. I'm SO SICK of all the tinkering that goes on, ebay is bad enough, I didn't expect it here too. Can anyone tell me what exactly was wrong with the old uploader??? At least it worked, whatever this is is garbage (YES I'm really mad!!)
Hi Community,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. As “esp” pointed out, we have identified an issue that is causing the new uploader to freeze for certain Mac users when the “Upload” button is clicked and we are currently working on acquiring an update for the uploader to resolve that issue.

If you are encountering that behavior, you could potentially work around the issue by continuing to use the previous version of the uploader using the direct link I provided in my previous message.

You may also be able to work around the issue by using the new uploader through the Safari browser so, although we do not list Safari as an officially supported browser, you may want to give that a shot if you are keen on uploading directly from the lister page.

We apologize for any inconveniences this issue is causing.

-Mike
Hi member_8880,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration with the new Auctiva Uploader, but it should actually not be necessary to select the images you upload once again after you have uploaded them from the lister page so I am uncertain why you may be finding it necessary to do so.

As with the old uploader, if you upload one or more images into your account from the lister page, the pop up windown which contained the uploader should close automatically and the images should be placed in the appropriate boxes within the Auctiva Image Selection section.

Although I realize that you may not have had any trouble with the previous uploader, there were a couple significant issues with it that were impacting a good deal of customers and we needed to update the uploader to resolve those issues.

If you continue to encounter difficulties with the new uploader, please continue to follow up with our Customer Support team directly through the support case you have opened and we will be happy to continue working with you.

-Mike
Sometimes it won't even let me upload any pictures, I just keep trying, and eventually something takes hold...I am done for the day, can't take the frustration anymore...I am still waiting for someone to reply to my case...I think they we should have a choice if we want to use the old or the new uploader....the old uploader may have had glitches in it, but it looks like the new one does too....oh well..until I hear from someone about my case, I am done.....I guess I will have to go back to good old ebay...only 12 pictures though Frown
This is my 2nd day of trying to list stuff. I don' t understand why you guys need to mess around w/ the site. Now , I can't get that stupid column on the left side to expand most of the time. I finally got it to expand a bit and then I wasn't getting any of the photo files. Ihave at least 2oo files. It's telling me TOTAL FILES 120 and allowing only 99 files to show. Of course, none of those are the ones that I need. Ebay is running a free promo right now and I am sure that there are other ebay sellers here losing money. So auctiva, why don't you give us back the old version.
I did get it to work for an auction. I didn't start the auction yet because I wanted to write here but I did get the photos to load. Now I got the file that I wanted but I had to guess. I have 5 files that start with the letters aaabb and I had to click on 2-3 of them to find the one that I wanted. The entire name did not appear. Also why I was picking the photos, besides highlighting the photo, I had to click the tiny box . THIS IS SO RETARDED. If highlighting was great before, why do we have to do another step. The reason that I pay you guys was the ease of uploading photos. Now you are making it hard. I might as well save money and use the Ebay listing system. You guys need to fix this mess rightaway. Yes, I am mad. FIX this now. OR at least bring back the old version. You had it for years. Why mess around with something that is working?
Still problems for me too...I am going to have to start smoking again.
Support is trying to help me but nothing is working. I have never had such a major MAJOR issue with Auctiva before. I can see myself being stuck with the basic html uploader cause I'm pretty sure this new thing is never gonna work for me.
I updated Jave and Adobe and that opened a couple lil doors but it's still unusable. So in the meantime I have just spent 2 days messing around with this and got exactly NOTHING listed.I asked if there was a way that those of us having problems could use the OLD version...I will post the answer when I hear back .
Hi 8880/Mari

have you tried the link Mike posted the other day? it is the old up-loader (not the basic one)

"Also, we have made the previous version of the Auctiva Uploader available at http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/AurigmaUI.aspx so you should still be able to access it as a workaround by logging into your account and entering that URL in the Address field of your browser."
Last edited by edneff
Hi Ed,
Thanks, yes, I already have it bookmarked. But it's still a hassle...I like doing my listings one at a time and I can't do it that way now so my whole routine is thrown off. Or just adding one pic to an existing listing, not easy any more Frown And alot of my displeasure is because why do I have to jump through all these hoops when I used to have something that worked fine??
I've tried 3 different browsers and updated things that didn't need updating, and I'm still having problems. I guess my point is why should I (or any of us) HAVE to go through all this?
Picture issues again?!!! I am just so tired of having to adjust to Auctiva's incompetence. We switched to iMac and other mac systems because you are almost a fool to buy anything else. We have people in a line to purchase Mac products but are swimming in Windows based systems because no one wants them. So, to use Auctiva I cannot use Safari. Clearly Auctiva cannot figure it out. I have a state of the art system and had to add another operating system to my Imac to be able to continue to use Auctiva to upload our images. The process is burdensome. Now even that does not work. So Here I am again, unable to use a system I opted to pay for rather than the free system offered by Ebay. It is exasperating to hear Mike in Customer Support say that they corrected errors for others by creating problems for us. Either get your act together quickly or you will not even have to admit you cannot. We will leave. Your cumbersome system for Mac is just too financially damaging. Instead of listing, I am spending my time registering in the forum so I can complain about your continuing failure to create a program that works well with an iMac.
Hi kellbuck,

I checked our support case records and the only case I was able to locate in which you reported receiving errors about contacting the "web master" was filed back on Saturday, September 14, 2013 and we did not hear back from you since we replied the following day.

We have since located a problem with one of our servers which appeared to be responsible for generating some errors of that nature but we corrected that issue Monday, September 16 and I am not aware of any specific issues that would explain why you may still be receiving error messages of that nature at this time.

In any event, I will let our technical team know that you are still encountering these errors through your existing support case on the subject and we will make you aware of anything more we can find about your situation through that case.

-Mike
Hi Mike..I thought I filed another case yesterday, unless it didn't go thru...I just checked and I have no open cases..the problem is still exits...I am trying to list some things now, and it will not allow me to even load two pictures at one time sometimes...I just keep trying, and eventually, it goes thru...but I cannot upload more than 2 pictures at a time, or the error still comes up..My ISP told me that he thinks Auctiva's server is too busy...I don't know

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.