Skip to main content

With regard to the announcement about the new listing templates to improve mobile performance and comply with the active content rule, it looks as if we have to redo every listing?
"Once the new templates are released, you'll be able to access all of your customized listing templates from the "Manage" Custom Template page. To make them available in the new template system, you'll need to copy the template HTML from the "Manage" page and create a new custom listing template."

itsjustme or is it?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi itsjustme,

If you're on a paid plan we've already reviewed your active listings and automatically removed the active content from them, so no you do not need to redo every listing. If you view your Auctiva Account Messages you should see a confirmation message where you can verify the results.

In the email I mentioned, "Once the new templates are released, you'll be able to access all of your customized listing templates from the "Manage" Custom Template page. To make them available in the new template system, you'll need to copy the template HTML from the "Manage" page and create a new custom listing template." This just means that if you have previously created a Customized Listing template and you want to continue using it, you'll need to save it as a new custom listing template to make it available in the new Template Selector.

I hope that helped clear up any confusion, but let me know if you have any other questions!

Sincerely,
Natasha
I just looked at one of the new templates because it said I had an old one. Picked one, filled in the info and when I went to preview it there was no image showing as the main image. I went back and added an image in the optional gallery ebay images and then there was an image in the listing. Is this a necessary requirement for the new templates, and more importantly will the old templates be sticking around
Hello AramA -

Unfortunately, at this time, there is known issue with the Preview with the templates where at least one image must be included as you are working on the saved listing for the preview to display properly. We are aware of this issue and are currently seeking a solution and I will update this thread as soon as there is more information available regarding this.

The old templates are no longer available for selection. While it is possible to use Create Similar or use Save as New when working with an existing saved listing to utilize a template that had been saved to it, the old templates will not be available for selection on new listings. Please keep in mind that the new templates are of much more contemporary design and are both free of active content and mobile friendly. Also note that the design methods used for those templates are becoming outdated as far as browsers are concerned and over time would continue to encounter further difficulties.

- Craig

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.