Skip to main content

Oh dread, I just realized yesterday all my listings are out of date with regard to shipping costs.

I didn't know where else I "should ask this" so but I will here and if I'm in the wrong place, or if it's been addressed I apologize and send me there!

Is it possible to bulk edit the shipping costs?
I am feeling ill at thinking about going into add the dang 15 cents to each one.
I'm even considering just eating the 15 cents....on about 70 listings.....not too bad I guess... Frown dang! Only $10 - $11 bucks..
Anyone having a similar problem??
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hmmmm....it probably depends on the method you were using, Flat or Calc. I'm guessing Flat, or the USPS prices would simply substitute. If you are using a consistent Flat structure and maybe only a few different prices, there might be a way....

How about setting up a Shipping Profile(s) and use the Find & Replace to substitute. You may have to segregate listing by rate needed before you run the batch. I'd at least try that method with a few test cases.

Oh...and once you've got profiles, the next round of price increase is a snap.

Danno
quote:
Originally posted by N:
Oh dread, I just realized yesterday all my listings are out of date with regard to shipping costs.

I didn't know where else I "should ask this" so but I will here and if I'm in the wrong place, or if it's been addressed I apologize and send me there!

Is it possible to bulk edit the shipping costs?
I am feeling ill at thinking about going into add the dang 15 cents to each one.
I'm even considering just eating the 15 cents....on about 70 listings.....not too bad I guess... Frown dang! Only $10 - $11 bucks..
Anyone having a similar problem??
My problem is I have about 2000 mini items and only a few, maybe less than 10 are the same items. So each one gets a listing of its own. What a pain....
quote:
Originally posted by Danno:
Hmmmm....it probably depends on the method you were using, Flat or Calc. I'm guessing Flat, or the USPS prices would simply substitute. If you are using a consistent Flat structure and maybe only a few different prices, there might be a way....

How about setting up a Shipping Profile(s) and use the Find & Replace to substitute. You may have to segregate listing by rate needed before you run the batch. I'd at least try that method with a few test cases.

Oh...and once you've got profiles, the next round of price increase is a snap.

Danno
After trying different methods I just went to straight priority mail-$4.60, but also stated clearly in several places I would calc. other options. The first one that sold after the increase went with the priority and it stayed at $4.60 while it cost me $4.75 or whatever it is now. So my listings are almost all listed as Priority.
So let me re read what you are saying here and see if I understand it and try that. Or, just let it be. I do use the same shipping profile for almost all my listings. The only thing I have to change for each one is the description, category and such. The profiles work great for me. So, yeah, I planned on updating the profile with the new rate. But wondered if there was an easy way to change the 70 or so already out there. Thanks, I owe you a cookie!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.