Skip to main content

I have used the new listing page for saved listings just to see what it was like and frankly am not a fan so far at ALL!! Sorry. .

Question, are there any new features on this page that the old one does not have? Seems to be same things just different set up. Of course, since I am not a fan I have not spent HUGE amounts of time line by line checking for new features.

BIGGEST are you going to do away with the old? I frankly LOVE the old, especially the way the file colors go over entire listing rather than the spec that shows now. I have most of my colors memorized with folder name and makes relisting much easier for me.

I hope we will be able to stay with the old if we love it or go to new if one loves it.

If you tell me new features I will be more than happy to try it some more, but figure if it is same as old, no sense changing for same things.

Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I agree. One thing I have asked for over the years and Auctiva has never added it is a "NOTES" field where the seller can notate anything they want (this would only be seen by the seller). This would benefit me so much...it's hard to believe more people aren't screaming for this addition to our Saved Listings page. If you agree, let's keep asking!!
This has been on "TO DO" area in feature center for quite awhile along with a few other items that most would be great help and not total overhaul of system.

I had MUCH rather see small things fixed that totally new things that are basically duplicates of what we already have either in auctiva or elsewhere.

Here is a link asking about feature center "TO DO"s which appears to be abandoned by customers as well as auctiva. Quite a few of the items in the suggestion type area have been totally deleted. And TO DO list is just sitting there for months.

https://community.auctiva.com/e...467059116#6467059116

Maybe we need to start a SUGGESTION thread?
Butterflies, did not see, and frankly since it is being ignored did not spend tons of time muddling through the woods to find one. Maybe a new one that everyone adds comments to would be in order. Of course, if "FEATURE CENTER" was used this would not be necessary. But since name does not really say that is is actually SUGGESTION BOX most people do not use.

Auctiva, Are we trashing old SAVED LISTING page or keeping both???? Please do not ignore as we need to either plan to adjust to new or decide what direction we will go.

Thanks
Thanks for response. Will the new one stay as is now or are changes going to be made.

i.e. specifically folder colors being very small (basically a spec compared to previous) and NO folder name at all??? Those are two HUGE issues I see with this. Something about the way new scrolling works is also strange compared with old, can't pinpoint exactly what it is but not like old one and not big on it.

Again as previously asked would like to know what new features are on here to benefit our selling that were not on old page??? Guess I am confused why if it ain't broken it is being fixed?

Question, are there any new features on this page that the old one does not have? Seems to be same things just different set up. Of course, since I am not a fan I have not spent HUGE amounts of time line by line checking for new features.

Thanks again for response.
thanks for absolutely nothing. The NEW page looks like Windows 7 with its pastel colors. Folks of my age need some contrast like the current pages are. What the heck was wrong with the old page? In 3 years when Windows 8 is out will you redo the page again to match Windows.

Paying a few more dollars and trying VENDIO is looking better and better and that's shame. But when things could be done to make clients lives easier we get a new saved page and more to come. Change for Changes sake is not progress

Ignoring all the constructive comments does not mean they do not exist and that some may even be accurate
Frankly, I have NOT EVER seen anyone even request a Saved Listing Page Change like the new one. I have seen people ask that notes section be added and that pop up for custom specifics be ditched and that it be on listing page and show in preview. Of which neither are on the new saved listing area.

I also like the contrast colors that are BOLD and easy to read AND the folder labels. . why were they removed? Guess we now have to guess if we put in correct folder?? This is craziness to the max. Apparently, either not tested or not thought out or both. I am all for changing for the better.. but have asked several times EXACTLY what changes were and have been ignored. I guess I should re-word. What is new in the new saved listing page that would make me want to use it??? What is NEW and IMPROVED???? Perhaps I am just noticing what I do not like and am overlooking the good features. Please enlighten me Auctiva.

There is no "focus group" needed, They have one here that is free to them, if someone would just listen! We actually are NOT paid for our opinions and we use the system and are ignored lately. This is NOT how it use to be! I have become extremely discouraged lately.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone there besides Rebecca uses the systems they overhaul.

ARG!!! Is all I have left!!
Last edited by lookandbuyme
I have not spent too much time on the new Saved Listing Page but what I have, I find it very small, does not scroll well and everything seems to be clumped together. I find it difficult to view correctly and organize..I much prefer the old FOLDER option and viewing. Lots of changing back and forth to see my listings. NOT A GOOD CHANGE in my opinion. It seems the new Saved Listings page is now the default when trying to look at my folders?????
GEEZ. . this new SAVED page is HORRIBLE!!! This may be the final straw for me once holidays are over. Auctiva, since you have heard complaints on it could you at least have waited until after holidays set this. It is pain to go through the new to get to the old each time to want to go to old page. Again, this just slows down listing process at a time when we are already having speed issues and right at holidays it the MOST dreadful time of year to implement ANY and I mean ANY new change.

Again, would LOVE to have answers to above posts asking specific questions. I would love to give this a fair stab. . but since I do not know what wonderful features this adds it is a little hard to look at it with LOVE!!

All I see is what I HATE. Obviously the person who came out with it must be under 35 and has great memory as well as eye sight.

Is there anyway to default this back to old at least until the slowness issues are resolved with auctiva site or until after holidays to make this change.

Thanks for your response.
You would think they are owned by Ebay, change for the sake of change and usually for the worse. It would be really nice if they would leave the folder colors so they show up or do they not want anyone to stay with them. These changes on top of all the other problems are really starting to irk me and make me wonder if I should look for an alternative. Every time they do an update for new features or make changes, there are huge problems. I now have reallym no idea what folder my stuff is in anymore. It is ugly, and pathetic. I think they need a new design team that will work with the users instead of making changes to justify ridiculous salaries.
I guess everyone who lists is 20 and can see and LOVE change. "just for the sake of change" I am over 20 and find this new one hard on the eyes!! Also find it hard to hit the target and the scrolling, I can't possibly put into words!!!

Dutchman, IF you hoover, very, very, very carefully the file folder name may show up. Note I said may as I found what I thought was perfect hoover spot and did not work next time. So you have to get it right on a very small spot.

Just better hope your hand does not shake or you will miss it.. and please DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BLINK!! (or you have for sure missed it).

IF someone is using this and LOVES it please let us know what new good features are?? IF you are using and HATE it please post her also.. and put what you do not like so Auctiva can hear that there are more than a handful of us.

Auctiva, please let let us look at this in positive way and respond to previous questions specifically asking questions. Who knows.. we may LOVE it IF we can figure out why it was done and what it does to help us!! It looks as though the wheel as been reinvented as a TRIANGLE???

Thanks for response Auctiva. .
Hi!

We are going to be fixing the issue with the folder colors--I agree, it is very hard to see what folders the listings are in with that small sliver of color. So, we are going change that aspect of the page back to the old way, and have the entire listing be shown with the folder color in the background. My eyes aren't what they used to be either, and when you're glancing through listings it's easy to miss that folder icon. We are getting this started now, but it'll take some time to get this changed (hopefully a couple weeks-- don't quote me on that--it's a bigger project than it appears to be, but I will let you know when it's done.)

Thanks for your input!
Rebecca.. I thought you had left there (ha!) Glad they had you try it out. I can assure you your eyes are much better than mine!! You are much younger than I am!! (SLIVER, that is word I have been looking for!)

Is there anyway they can default back to the old until this is finished. So that we do not have to go back each time, or at least through the holidays. I was STUNNED and SHOCKED when I saw it last night and realized that every single time I had to go back.

ONE thing I do like (so see I did try it). Is IF you are relisting from saved listings and type a name of item in search box and list it ZAP!! It lists fast as lightning!!

Also, please please have them look at the scrolling, I can't even pinpoint to put into words what it is that I hate on it!! But someone else commented about it also.

Thank you all for listening (reading). I know this is PITA when you do something that you think this is IT!! And get water thrown in the face.
I think I pinpointed the annoying scrolling issue in New saved Listing Page. It only scrolls a fraction of the page -- the enormous header stays put and so only 1/3 of the screen is being scrolled. I can't see but about 4 listings on the screen at one time. Please shrink the huge header at the top so more visibility is given to the listings rather than auctiva misc. Also there is plenty of room on the sides, please make our listings larger -- that would help on many levels.
PLEASE PLEASE do not do away with the old Saved pages - your tinkering is nuts and just does not work for many of us. Keep the old one and let us choose which one to use. Also the New Sales page is a little cuckoo as well - when doing a batch of items that were shipped and leaving feedback, etc. - have to keep refreshing the page so I can see what I am doing. Stop acting like eBay and making changes just to make changes. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
Planet earth to anyone in Auctiva

I have seen more different folks post on why not to make the change. The law of averages says that at least one person would have posted saying they liked such and such feature. If they did I missed it. If they did I bet they also agreed with others points

I am embarrassed to be in the same profession as you are. step up to the plate and and have Webninar on this topic

What some folks do not realize is that the Saved Folder is the first. They are marching through the entire site with this change. (some my have missed it but in the announcement they proudly mentioned that the Saved folder was the first.

AUCTIVA person-up and talk with us

DUTCHMAN48 right-on to the ramparts

Lets not throw good money after bad lets keep the old and the new (until it becomes obsolete which won't take long) and let usage settle the issue. with a fair trail (that'll never happen) I would bet my house what would win.

Okay just read the response. So we'll make the new look like the old. okay it's their dollar. Heck I even offered to pay more per month for a modification that should be straight forward and take a lot less time than the new page took. Heck one good programmer (not a technician or a coder a programmer) to change. I could, if no one is there (if there is no one there than there are no programmers there) have explained what needed to be done in "psuedo code"
I am glad to see I am not alone. Count me as one who really dislikes the new page. Chaning the folder color is a good start but also make the scrolling easier and allow more items to be seen on the screen at one time.
The search should be sticky. The old one is.
If I am relisting closed items with the search November I want to only see saved November items when I click back on saved items and be on the same page. It is not even sticky with the number of days. Retyping a search term and finding the right page again is a time waster.
I would also like to see a total number of pages not just an arrow.

Please do not throw out the old.
Last edited by gibsonbk
Frankly, with all of the things that most who have posted hate, I don't know why the heck auctiva would spend precious $$$$ and time fixing the new page. Why not just make it simple and go back to the old??? (then IF necessary add whatever has been added, which I have YET to get answer on, to the old page). I do not mean make old like the new now. . I mean keep old and IF mandatory for whatever reason add things auctiva seems to think we can't live without.

Also, Auctiva if you are getting these complaints about the new page do you really want to go through this over and over when you do the other pages you propose to do????

If so, to me that is like shooting yourself in the leg over and over.

Again, I ask WHY were the changes made??? Why are we being forced to swallow something that was fine before, but now that we have the NEW AND IMPROVED people hate it?? Then going to be forced to suffer through same garbage a few more times to do active pages, etc.???? What is purpose and what are new features. I did find pop up for picture nice, but could live without that for sure, as once again, it is a pop up and with auctiva system slow that may slow things down more.

Auctiva, new features???? What is purpose of change? By not selling the new features by telling us what they are, WHY in the world would people even want to try it?? There is no incentive to try to even like it because NOT ONE PERSON with Auctiva has said, this is great, we put _________________________ on it that we did not have before???? I am beginning to wonder does anyone in Auctiva KNOW what the new and improved features are???
If so and mums the word, I am tired of the Where is Waldo???? This is Kind of like trying out a new car?? Why would I want to go to dealership and try a new car if it was worse than the one I have now AND sales person could not or would not tell me ONE thing that had improved over the one I have now after being asked repeatedly what has improved??? think I would just keep same old car.

Auctiva, I think (just my thought) that you should think long and hard about keeping this and trying to "fix" this product as we all know sometimes one fix leads to massive problems. Also on rolling out new areas that you plan to do this in. You seem to be shooting yourself in leg now and want to do it over and over???

Thanks for reading all of this. . I would love some well thought out changes (in other areas). but this seems to be something that may have been thought out at HAPPY HOUR on Friday afternoon. Believe me I have had those Happy Hour moments that later I thought. . what the heck was I thinking!

Anyone want to Play Where's Waldo this week-end and tell me changes???? Wink
Dutchman, IF you are talking about where you hit the magnifier and you can preview listing, you can do that on old page too. You do not have to open saved listing. On far right it is 2nd button down (magnifier)on each listing (there are 3 stacked buttons) If so that is not change, it was on old.

IF it is something else, please let me know.. so I can get excited too!!

Thanks
I had not looked at the saved listings page before - it is brutal, particularly the scrolling issue. I have long thought Auctiva just keeps tinkering with no regard to the customer base. To the person that said they are the same as ebay, you may be close to the truth. I believe that when they first started out there was talk with intergration with other sites. It never happened. On the other hand, the outfit that I see that is taking away customers from this site has recently added another auction site you can use his software on. When you watch the videos he shows you how the site is designed for mutlt companies, not just one specific as this is. Me, I see no advantages to the new page. Looks more like a way to keep people employed in whatever country they may be working in.
The new saved listing page is fine, but then so was the old one!

But as gibsonbk says, please make the search and sort criteria sticky - they were sticky on the old saved listing page.

By sticky we mean:
On the new saved listing page I filter perhaps to a particular folder A, sorted perhaps in item name order. I then go into a item to revise something, then back to the saved listing page. The page should still have my filter and sort criteria applied - i.e. folder A with sorting in item name order.

It's very irritating to have to reapply the filter and sort criteria each time one goes back to the saved listing page.

Patrick
And try printing the new saved listing page. At least for me (IE9) the "header" and "detail" sections are printed on top of each other. Unreadable I'm afraid!!

I do regularily need to select filter and sort criteria and then print the resulting item list. I can still do this from the old saved listing page, but it should be possible from the new page as well.

Patrick
Hi lookandbuyme!

As far as I can see, it offers precisely what the old page offered and nothing more. I have no functional reason for prefering it to the old page, it just looks better - cleaner and more modern.

Much as I always like cosmetic improvements, I basically agree with you that Auctiva's efforts could perhaps have been better used doing some functional improvements.

Patrick
Just adding my two cents here. I saw the new saved listing page this morning when I started to list. I hate it too! Please, please please let us keep the old page. This is just a pain in the patootie!

I couldn't get it to scroll down, and I can hardly read it, it is so small. I did find that by unchecking the box that says 'fixed header' you are able to scroll. Then the next time you go to the saved listing page, you have to uncheck it again!

Yea, this is beginning to look too much like ebay...too many changes, and right here in the holiday season, when everyone is stressed enough. Just like paypal turning over shipping to ebay. Enough people, enough!
Oh please,say it an't so.This is worse than ebay changes at Christmas.
I tried to use it Yesterday and I cannot get anywhere with it.I don't even understand how to open a page,
Please don't take away the old.I don't want a new listing page for Christmas,I have been to bad for something like that,just give me back my old one,please!
Janne
Another issue I have.. is the little circle going round and round and round where she stops or when nobody knows. YES, we know we are waiting but watching that thing go around makes you realize how long you wait.

Activa since we are having slowness issues, I sure would not want people counting the circles. It almost advertises how slow it is right now.

Also, when you click to go to saved, if you say change your mind and say want to to go closed. . You actually have to sit and wait on the saved listing page to load, which is very slow.

I am glad I am not the only one who does not like this at all!!!

Auctiva.. how about defaulting back to old page FOREVER or at minimum until you get it together with fixing the New and Improved Saved Listing page which does not appear improved at all. This is HUGE time waster!!! And time is MONEY in our business and this is PRIME time for most sellers.
THIS IS INSANITY..inconvenient..and glitches..lots of them..I decided to roll with it..even though it would take time from listing for one cent today..forget it..this new program has problems..lots of them..I'm frustrated. Its not right to pull out a new program that has problems at this time..the holidays..I just got off the phone with auctiva and asked to speak with someone..this is wrong..very wrong. I wouldn't mind if it were efficient..but it is not ..yet
I spoke with customer service who said it would not be reversed. I think we should start compiling the problems:

1. Reverts back to new page each time you save even if you click that you want to stay on the old page.

2. Doesn't apply filters properly ..has a mind of its own
3. Doesn't retain filters after you save or even if you want to go back with the arrow key..back to start again
4. Difficult to maneuver out after you have applied a filter..need to start over basically

Each of these things are inferior to the old version and need to be fixed. Basically, a lot more tedious and time consuming and irritating because you know that a couple days ago, you were using a superior product. I got frustrated, called customer service and then came here.

If they are not going to change it back, they need to know what to fix.

Peace
I just filed a support case with the above problems in it..actually, filing a support case is the way to go. I don't know if others are having the same problems, I bet there are others but I found so many in the first half hour of use that I just had to pull waste the last hour calling customer support, coming here, and then cooling down enough to file a support case...this is not my problem however and I dont think I should have to take time to deal with it. Hope they fix it..because the truth is, that auctiva is a great program and service. Really. This was poorly planned release of this as yet unready version. Hopefully, they fix it..or un do it for now.
I hate to say this yellowfeather.. but Support the way to go?? IF you read my last responses back from support you would forget support, unless the support you use is different than mine. Smile Thing is if it is NOT on forums people are generally told "you are only one with that problem" It is browser, IP provider, cookies, cache, router. If it is not out in the open it gets filed with the only person with problem file.

In the open forums others can put their thoughts and we realize we are not the only one with problems.

Rolling this out without it being "NEW and IMPROVED" is almost as bad as the roll out of the shipping which was NOT ready when rolled out. It was outdated day it was released. Only difference, on that we could just look and stick with old postal service. On this we are being forced to take many steps to do go around a system they set up that is only calling misery and time delays for most of us. Especially during the holidays.

Auctiva.. how about reverting back until you have this NEW AND IMPROVED ready to launch.

Auctiva has acknowledged that there are issues and it may take time to fix this.. in meantime, I think they should just fix it back old way until they fully get it together.

I do find it strange that NOT ONE Auctiva person has said what the improvements are even though this has been asked many times. Do they know.. I am beginning to wonder????
Congratulations Patbrock, you win the prize!!! Big Grin. You found Waldo!! (have to have a bit of humor here) but is not intended at you personally!. . just messing!! But again, why can't auctiva, just tell us about the great features so we do not have to play hide and seek. . as this time of year I am not big on games.

I did see that today and love the way it is cosmetically framed it sure adds to the picture, but really see no real use for it that I could not live without, other than waiting on another pop-up.

I no longer have a biggest issue, I just think this is nonsense and have not found one really redeeming thing on here.. but am again, Auctiva willing to look at it all again if you tell me what to look for that is NEW and IMPROVED. (hate to sound negative, but I just do not see it).

It is obvious that this is going to be ignored. . .hoping it will die and go away or that we will learn to live with it. I am sure on Monday the posts are at least reviewed and this was fairly hot topic over end of last week and week-end. I would guess others have written support also.

Very frustrating if you relist from your saved page. . especially.
i hate it too...it has that 'reading pane' look that Yahoo email is always trying to get me to switch to. When you scroll, the listings go up under the reading pane and you can't see them. I see no benefit to this at all. I have left 'feedback' for it a bunch of times already and even filed a support case (no answer at all)

I've been with Auctiva almost from the beginning and I've never had any problems. But things are different now, this reminds me too much of Ebay's abysmal changes. I have to put up with that carp from them, but I don't have to put up with it here. When my membership expires I doubt I'll be coming back...I really can't see paying for this mess Frown

This is one of those things that should be OPTIONAL...just like the 'new' look the supersized images had? Remember that? I hated that too and apparently so did everyone else cause that WAS made optional. (And I have yet to see one of those 'new' supersize options in any Ebay listings) If Auctiva were still free then yes, I could live with this..but I don't want to have to pay for it.
The new page is here to stay, and the design is very attractive, so what do Auctiva need to do to make everyone happy?

Basically Auctiva needs to make the page work exactly like the old one.

Problem: It's very difficult to see which folder each item is in.
Solution: Each item should have the folder color as the background.

Problem: The default scrolling with "fixed header" is not appropriate for users with low-resolution monitors, where only a very few items are visible on the page. It also gives problems with printing.
Solution: Make "no fixed header" the default.

Problem: It's irritating having to rechoose filter and sort criteria every time one returns to the page after going into an item.
Solution: Make the filter and sort criteria "sticky".

With these changes everyone I think will be happy with the new page. Until then perhaps Auctiva should consider reverting to the old page as default.

Patrick
I feel a whole lot of people are going to go away after the holidays, once they have a little time to try out a competitor. The constant changes (maybe they need busy work for their programmers) make no sense, especially when they don't seem to be asking the customers what they want and then following through on their requests. Activa really does not care about the customer base. I found that out when they stopped supporting their bulk offline uploader. I know for a lot of you, you like the templates. I really don't care either way. Does nothing to my sales with or without. I had thought (silly me) that when I took a downloaded ebay listing and uploaded it to another site, that the Auctiva image would stay with the listing. Checking this morning, I find that isn't the case at all. I'll double check to be certain by deleting an Auctiva image I know is being used on another site and see if my image disappears. I'm guessing not which will mean that I will be seriously looking at other software. For $10 a month, Auctiva does nothing but give me headaches.
I agree with a lot of you, this "NEW and IMPROVED" saved listing page should be returned to the folks who designed it. It is definitely work in progress. Now it has been turned up to the default and it just doubles my time to accomplish anything. Auctiva should dump the worthless "NEWS Releases" and spend more time talking to their customers.
quote:
Originally posted by patbrock:
Problem: It's irritating having to rechoose filter and sort criteria every time one returns to the page after going into an item.

Patrick

I started a 'New Saved Listing' thread but have been pointed to this one ( Mods: You can remove the thread I started ). I totally agree with your above point Patrick it is annoying as hell but is the only beef I have with the New page at the moment
What gets me is that we are paying for this service...but we were never asked if we wanted a new listing page. No surveys, no polls, no warning. And even now, looks like most of us posting here don't like it, we are told it will STILL be kept as the default. This is becoming WAY too much like Ebay with their incessant changes. Every day it's a new learning curve with them, I am so disappointed it's going to happen here too Frown

With the old listing page I can see almost 5 full listings. With the new one I can only see 3. The endless scrolling is making me crazy. (I TRIED to get used to it, I really did...NOT gonna happen) I actually listed some stuff the other day directly through Ebay..and it was SO easy I couldn't believe it! Pics uploaded in seconds (not minutes like here). My fonts actually stayed the same (an issue I've been having here for years) I didn't hve to go back and revise a listing without a gallery pic because the 'server was unavailable'

No matter how I try i cannot see anything new and improved about this new listing page. And for the first time EVER I did not get an answer to my support case...that says a mouthful right there. Very disappointed with the turn this is taking...
Last edited by member8880
quote:
The new page is here to stay, and the design is very attractive, so what do Auctiva need to do to make everyone happy?

Problem: The default scrolling with "fixed header" is not appropriate for users with low-resolution monitors, where only a very few items are visible on the page. It also gives problems with printing.

With these changes everyone I think will be happy with the new page. Until then perhaps Auctiva should consider reverting to the old page as default.

Patrick

These are all EXCELLENT points...so I wonder WHY it isn't being done??? This would be something EVERYONE could live with. I myself would be happy if the Fixed Header would stay unchecked!!! Sick of going back & forth!
quote:
Originally posted by lookandbuyme:
Hi Nana.. I think auctiva supports foxfire and internet explorer. . so should work.

Found a post here which had me try to use IE after waiting for over 10 minutes for the "saved listings" page to open in FireFox. Then had to go back to Firefox to upload photos because of some software add-on that I don't have on IE because I DON'T USE IE!!!!!
quote:

Patrick

My sentiments exactly (almost)! Plus add the NOTES field. It's been asked for and promised for years. I could live with the old or the new, if I only had the NOTES field. Anyone agree!!!! Roll Eyes
This is getting quite comical, the people who pay are speaking LOUD and CLEAR and Auctiva has put on one response that they will fix the colors of folders to more than a sliver.

Well, the has been on the TO DO list in the FEATURE CENTER (my word is Suggestion Box/Center) for quite a long time.

I do notice the Feature Center was updated since my last post removing the Multi-site being done. So it has been at least looked at.

Here are FEATURES on the TO DO list. . most have been here for a very long time.

Suggested Features
To-Do List
Completed Features

0 Users have voted

Incorporate Item Specifics into Listing Page, rather than pop-up

view description
view comments (8)
add comment

0 Users have voted

Custom note field

view description
view comments (13)
add comment

0 Users have voted

Use Auctiva to upload to other selling sites

view description
view comments (6)
add comment

0 Users have voted

Delete related Images when a Listing is Deleted

view description
view comments (14)
add comment

Of course, instead of working on things that help, a new SAVED PAGE was done. . and is being followed by what needs to be a major overhaul that there is NO ETA on and they have agreed to change ONE thing "FOLDER COLORS" only.

This is to follow with SAME think on closed, etc., sheets. Sooooooo we better LOVE it because it is coming to all. I can't wait. . . guess they figured we could not wait until Christmas for our gift.. so they gave us an early present that we want to RETURN!! (as this is for sure a WHITE ELEPHANT early gift).

I can't believe it is that difficult to revert to the old page where most were perfectly content with, they switched it pretty quick, how about switching it back or having fixed so we can use old. I NEVER EVER read on forums OR on the "feature center" (suggestion center) one word of people whining about the saved listing page. Guess they got tons of support requests for it???

Since Auctiva has NOT responded with the NEW AND IMPROVED part of this, I can assume that nothing is NEW AND IMPROVED. Again, Auctiva how about attempting to sell this to us. . . give us a reason to LOVE it!!

I am glad others are chirping in here.. as just a few of us says that. . that we are 2 or 3 whiners!!

Auctiva??????? IF you are not going to make the changes why don't you just say "WE ARE NOT> > NOT> > NOT going to change it back. . and we are ONLY going to change the folder color so it will be like the old, but that could take awhile so just suck it up while we fix what worked fine before.

Auctiva???
I suspect the whole operation is offshored. Unless there is a script for the problem, you can't be helped. Every once in a while someone with a little tech knowledge checks in and answers a question. I remember when I was asking questions (as were many)about Mr Poster. Never a response. Months later we heard something. I believe there is still a Mr Poster forum, though the software is no longer maintained Not only wouldn't we sell anything, Our DSR's would be trashed to the point where we COULDN'T sell anything. It's not just us. If you check out comparison reviews of auction software sites, Auctiva has dropped considerably.
All,

Please see Rebecca's post here explaining what we are doing with the saved listing page. We have heard the feedback on the page and are responding.

For now we have already reverted the old saved listing page back as the default while we make the changes mentioned in her post. This is temporary. We will be bring the new page back next year with the changes Rebecca listed.
Hi- frankly I would LOVE for auctiva to give us a list of the NEW features rather than having us treasure hunt ourselves. Through 4 pages of forum notes Auctiva has not once told us what was added to sell this to us??? I have asked this MANY< MANY times and auctiva can't find the words to tell us??? IF we knew all of the great NEW features then maybe we could have overlooked some of the bad. But when not one person who works for company who threw this out there can tell you the improved I find that a problem. It seems as if someone may have been head scratching and saying, now tell me again, why did we do this, what is improved, could we not have just added to old page??? And maybe "WHOSE IDEA WAS THIS??" As far as deleting photos, that could have been added to old one also. Frankly I rarely delete pictures because of later use I usually put in a sold file because I have had to re-use 100's of them again, so if it could move both to the file you want them in then yes, that would be great.

I would still like to be able to choose, and still would love to know about the great features.

Patbrock, frankly, I have yet to find one forums OR feature center where people asked for a new listing page even thought Butterflies says people asked for it??? I wish someone would post that forum?? I doubt if people will ask for a new one, especially if memories of this one come back. My frank feeling is auctiva NOR ebay or anyone else should launch something like this during holidays, OR without testing it first and being ready to "SELL IT!!!!!" To me this is just like the shipping, was launched without full thought going into it and introducing it at its best and SELLING IT!! If it had been ready to launch there would have been no "real" need for a contest to get people to try it, they would have seen, it loved and and thought, this will make my life easier. Just my thoughts though.

Again, auctiva, can you tell us what the NEW and IMPROVED will be and what is going to be fixed when re-introduced.

Thanks
I think the major improvement with the new page is cosmetic. Whoever designed the new page did a very nice job, the page is attractive to look at and (once the “bugs” have been sorted out) very intuitive to use. I like it.

As an experienced user, these cosmetic improvements of course don't matter too much, I'd prefer a couple of new features. But (I shouldn't say this too loud in case Auctiva is listening) I'm not going to leave Auctiva, even if they in the future never introduce even a single new feature. As long as I list on eBay, I'll be using Auctiva.

But if I were a new user on my free one-month trial, these cosmetic improvements would matter - nicely designed and easy-to-use pages give a good impression of the product, and I'll be far more likely to fork out some dollars once the trial period is over. And the more success Auctiva has attracting new customers, the better for everyone, also for us "old" users.

So I suspect some cosmetic improvements may well turn out to be an excellent investment for Auctiva and indirectly for us all.

Patrick
Itjustme. .thanks for that show of support.

Same to you Edneff HATE is pretty strong!!

Patbrock, I am glad you are in "LOVE" wih autiva and will never leave them. I sure have not been lately. I also consider myself an experienced user. However, staying or going with ANY company is a BUSINESS decision not a love affair. If my bank, etc., does not cut it you think I am IN LOVE with them enough to stay if they stay the same no I break up, even though. . like the song says "breaking up is hard to do" Most are looking for growth, needed growth not just fluff. (do I care what color the bank paints their walls, NO!!) I want the bank to handle my needs. Auctiva, ebay or any other company, when they can't keep up with "NEEDED" changes and cut it business wise, then I will sure go. I consider myself an experienced" user, I can't believe you would be stay if everything stayed exactly as it is today... that would be like shooting yourself in the leg. Who in their right mind wants status quo????? Most of us want to grow not stay planted and unless auctiva can keep up with ebay changes then status quo is what we will have.

Again, Patbrock, please you or butterflies send that link that people were begging for this??? Where is it? We are begging for items, but this cosmetic overhaul that was total 98% flop that you say "I will like it IF"... we don't know that?? Unless you know what exactly is going to change. (may like it IF I knew what was going to change). Hard to psyche up for something that could be introduced worse than lst. Yes, it IS auctiva business to do with as they wish and that is what they have done which is fine, but that does not mean we have to shut up and smile at things that are not helping with our productivity.

As far as new people, a new the last thing I was interested in as a newbie was a listing page with all of the glitches. Frankly when I started I did not care what it looked like, I was busy learning how to use the "system in general". Sure was not looking for cosmetic things.

Furthermore, IF these forums do not make new people RUN lately I would be shocked. IF I were new and peeked at the forums I would run for my life. NO NEW and IMPROVED features make up for the lack of answers we have received in the last year on forums!!! Sorry. . but I think some of these changes that are random just run people off rather than bring in the herds. I am all for growth... but I am for "MAKE NEW FRIENDS BUT KEEP THE OLD!!!" Just like cable carrier, they are into promotions, etc., for NEW members but they are not overly concerned about retaining their original ones. Well, that is what I get from here lately.

My question, once again, pretty darn simple and only other members have come up with 2, YES 2 changes that were positive and do not need to be re-done. And those 2 changes could have been added to old page??? Then perhaps there would have been resources to do other issues that we have been begging for for months and months.

Why can't auctiva tell us specifically what they are SELLING?????? Simple...this is what is offered:

1. . ..
2. .
3. .

NEW AND IMPROVED as they have put it did not cut it. They have shown us NOTHING NEW and NOTHING IMPROVED and can't even tell us what is NEW and IMPROVED???? (head scratch)

GREG T... . I "RALLY" did - cute!!! Smile. I will slap myself in the face for you for such a stoooooppppiiiiddd comment!! Thought. . .at least ASK the people if it is needed that will use it. Given a list of things we can do.. .I would bet a "NEW and UNIMPROVED" listing page would be say down the list of votes. This got ZERO votes because it was sure not in the feature center for votes and I never saw a forum asking for it, though a couple of people did!! Sure wish they would step up to the plate and send the masses of forum requests for a new page like this.

This is like my hubbie driving a shiny 2010 car and coming in wanting same car in 2011 but it has NO new features and he wants me to buy that crap, that he NEEDS it!! Need a little bit more than a shiny overhaul for cosmetic reasons.

Hopefully auctiva will at least attempt to SELL this!!
I couldn't care less about 'cosmetic'. I want functional. I want speed. I want things to work like they are supposed to. I don't get much of that here, sorry to say. I'm still waiting for my saved listing to open up so I can get to work on it...I opened another window to come here while I wait. I would be overjoyed if my fonts would for once STAY THE SAME. If I could actually finish my work QUICKLY here. That doesn't happen anymore. And I know I'm not the only one who has had these problems for a long time. It's not my NEW computer, it is Auctive. Only here do I have such problems. I would think these functionality issues would be looked into before any cosmetic changes are made.

Sorry but I just had to vent today, this is getting ridiculous Mad

EDIT..as fas as I could see the New and Improved listing page was PURELY cosmetic...lookandbuyme, I come here all the time too and I have NEVER seen anyone asking for a new listing page either Roll Eyes
Member_8880 - speed just does not happen anymore, and its not you. I sell on 4 sites, 2 of which use online listing software, and I'll tell you it is like night and day. None of the other 3 are as slow as Autiva and surprise, none charge you either. While Auctiva will tell you otherwise, I have to believe it is a server issue. Over the years it has almost always been a server issue, be it images or the listing software. I too question the judgment of rolling out "new" features that no one asks for, when there are so many other problems. IF the issue is the servers, then the programmers probably can't do anything about it. I do however fault the programmers in their lack of testing - which has been a long time gripe of mine. Personally, I don't expect Auctiva to ever get better with their resonses. Server upgrades cost money and I don't think they are looking to spend it. It will be interesting though with a relatively new player in the market that provides software to list on ebay, whether Auctiva will seriously make upgrades or operate on the logic that since we can't put the competitions name in our posts, it will take a longer time for people to leave. Frankly, I think any new user over the past couple of years does not remember when Auctiva was better. Certainly very few remember Mr Poster. Batch software to list will ALWAYS be a better option. If word does get out there and this "new" listing site is better word will eventually get out there and Auctiva WILL take a hit. If I were Auctiva I would pay attention to the gripes. They are NOT the only game in town anymore. Once I get some time after the holidays I will be checking out the competition. As it is now, when my auctions end I save them in Turbo lister, as most every other site imports TL listings or a .csv version of a TL listing. Will make it much easier in the long run.
lookandbuyme for President!

Thank you for so eloquently staying on top of the issues. Your commitment and zeal would be assets on either side of the forthcoming prez election.

greg, member 8080, womandi,and ed...thanks for letting me know that its not just me on my periodic gripes/comments.

that's my post thanksgiving message and now back to business.

ps there is a new program, that uploads to ebay, whose name we can't say, that is capturing a lot of attention. For those who read Auction Bytes, where Auctiva gets some fair press, the new program is mentioned in detail.
itsjustme...no it's NOT just you (LOL). I have problems all the time but I have found it's a waste of time to even open a support case anymore. It's always 'clear your cache, yada yada...

Don't get me wrong, I love the options I have using Auctiva (free scheduling, saving my listings practically forver, etc etc) but when it was free it was more functional.

Greg T...server problems would make sense for ONE of the things I deal with on a weekly basis. After listings are scheduled to ebay I usually see 3 or 4 that have no gallery pic. So I follow ebay's instructions to fix it and lo and behold...SERVER UNAVAILABLE. (Auctiva server that is) It's a real PITA cause it happens every week.

I must be blind...I read AuctionBytes all the time, never saw what you two are talking about. So I went there and actively looked, STILL couldn't find it! I must still be recovering from Thanksgiving Smile
I might mention ALL of my saved for a long time listings were ruined with some of their most recent changes. Totally unusable and unrestorable. It is for that reason I more than likely will pack it in once I try out the "new kid in town" in January. The reports have been glowing - but one must see how they deal with a larger customer base.
Quick note.. I am LMAO!!!! (not at you member_8880) at us crazies actually doing this, guess what game, guess like they say humor is the best medicine!!

Let's keep the game going!!

lst part word.. . If you hold up all fingers on one hand and one finger on other that is first part of this. Then a word that rhymes with hit and starts with a b!!

HOpe this helps, though am enjoying this game!!!
They have been getting good writeups - but I seem to recall some other sites getting respectable review the last time Auctiva REALLY angered people when they became a pay site. They wound up changing their pay structure when enough people complained. Now its service has deteriorated to the point that you wonder what you are getting for $10. Yes, scheduled listings, but at what price? I can tell you though that TL is no picnic. I still have yet to download the new version that allows 80 characters for fear of what it might do. I need to do that on another PC as I do do work for another lister as well as my own. For him I use TL. I figure I have nothing to lose by trying it for 30 days. Its just setting everything up. There is something quite unique about Auctiva though. send me a msg on FB and I'll tell you - in case you don't know it already. Got to jump on TL now. Have 200 listings to upload.
6 bits??? (HA- I thought shave and a haircut was 2 bits) Drop that anvil on me now...I STINK at this. And later when I find out I'll say 'oh DUH' Smile

OK it's late & I'm tired but Greg I don't see any way to msg you??

BTW lookandbuyme...some of us had a crazy goofy thread going (for almost 3 years!!) in The Lounge, about halfway down the page. Title is
POLL: the final step before ninth_wave reveals all! There's even pics from Ebay Live on page 146. Some of the posts were so funny I laughed til I cried. It's still getting views.

OH DUH!!! Told you I'd say it, lol. I see it, when I went to another window for a sec, right on top of the AuctionBytes page. Gah, somebody slap me Roll Eyes
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.