Skip to main content

I have used the new listing page for saved listings just to see what it was like and frankly am not a fan so far at ALL!! Sorry. .

Question, are there any new features on this page that the old one does not have? Seems to be same things just different set up. Of course, since I am not a fan I have not spent HUGE amounts of time line by line checking for new features.

BIGGEST are you going to do away with the old? I frankly LOVE the old, especially the way the file colors go over entire listing rather than the spec that shows now. I have most of my colors memorized with folder name and makes relisting much easier for me.

I hope we will be able to stay with the old if we love it or go to new if one loves it.

If you tell me new features I will be more than happy to try it some more, but figure if it is same as old, no sense changing for same things.

Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I agree. One thing I have asked for over the years and Auctiva has never added it is a "NOTES" field where the seller can notate anything they want (this would only be seen by the seller). This would benefit me so much...it's hard to believe more people aren't screaming for this addition to our Saved Listings page. If you agree, let's keep asking!!
This has been on "TO DO" area in feature center for quite awhile along with a few other items that most would be great help and not total overhaul of system.

I had MUCH rather see small things fixed that totally new things that are basically duplicates of what we already have either in auctiva or elsewhere.

Here is a link asking about feature center "TO DO"s which appears to be abandoned by customers as well as auctiva. Quite a few of the items in the suggestion type area have been totally deleted. And TO DO list is just sitting there for months.

https://community.auctiva.com/e...467059116#6467059116

Maybe we need to start a SUGGESTION thread?
Butterflies, did not see, and frankly since it is being ignored did not spend tons of time muddling through the woods to find one. Maybe a new one that everyone adds comments to would be in order. Of course, if "FEATURE CENTER" was used this would not be necessary. But since name does not really say that is is actually SUGGESTION BOX most people do not use.

Auctiva, Are we trashing old SAVED LISTING page or keeping both???? Please do not ignore as we need to either plan to adjust to new or decide what direction we will go.

Thanks
Thanks for response. Will the new one stay as is now or are changes going to be made.

i.e. specifically folder colors being very small (basically a spec compared to previous) and NO folder name at all??? Those are two HUGE issues I see with this. Something about the way new scrolling works is also strange compared with old, can't pinpoint exactly what it is but not like old one and not big on it.

Again as previously asked would like to know what new features are on here to benefit our selling that were not on old page??? Guess I am confused why if it ain't broken it is being fixed?

Question, are there any new features on this page that the old one does not have? Seems to be same things just different set up. Of course, since I am not a fan I have not spent HUGE amounts of time line by line checking for new features.

Thanks again for response.
thanks for absolutely nothing. The NEW page looks like Windows 7 with its pastel colors. Folks of my age need some contrast like the current pages are. What the heck was wrong with the old page? In 3 years when Windows 8 is out will you redo the page again to match Windows.

Paying a few more dollars and trying VENDIO is looking better and better and that's shame. But when things could be done to make clients lives easier we get a new saved page and more to come. Change for Changes sake is not progress

Ignoring all the constructive comments does not mean they do not exist and that some may even be accurate
Frankly, I have NOT EVER seen anyone even request a Saved Listing Page Change like the new one. I have seen people ask that notes section be added and that pop up for custom specifics be ditched and that it be on listing page and show in preview. Of which neither are on the new saved listing area.

I also like the contrast colors that are BOLD and easy to read AND the folder labels. . why were they removed? Guess we now have to guess if we put in correct folder?? This is craziness to the max. Apparently, either not tested or not thought out or both. I am all for changing for the better.. but have asked several times EXACTLY what changes were and have been ignored. I guess I should re-word. What is new in the new saved listing page that would make me want to use it??? What is NEW and IMPROVED???? Perhaps I am just noticing what I do not like and am overlooking the good features. Please enlighten me Auctiva.

There is no "focus group" needed, They have one here that is free to them, if someone would just listen! We actually are NOT paid for our opinions and we use the system and are ignored lately. This is NOT how it use to be! I have become extremely discouraged lately.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone there besides Rebecca uses the systems they overhaul.

ARG!!! Is all I have left!!
Last edited by lookandbuyme
I have not spent too much time on the new Saved Listing Page but what I have, I find it very small, does not scroll well and everything seems to be clumped together. I find it difficult to view correctly and organize..I much prefer the old FOLDER option and viewing. Lots of changing back and forth to see my listings. NOT A GOOD CHANGE in my opinion. It seems the new Saved Listings page is now the default when trying to look at my folders?????
GEEZ. . this new SAVED page is HORRIBLE!!! This may be the final straw for me once holidays are over. Auctiva, since you have heard complaints on it could you at least have waited until after holidays set this. It is pain to go through the new to get to the old each time to want to go to old page. Again, this just slows down listing process at a time when we are already having speed issues and right at holidays it the MOST dreadful time of year to implement ANY and I mean ANY new change.

Again, would LOVE to have answers to above posts asking specific questions. I would love to give this a fair stab. . but since I do not know what wonderful features this adds it is a little hard to look at it with LOVE!!

All I see is what I HATE. Obviously the person who came out with it must be under 35 and has great memory as well as eye sight.

Is there anyway to default this back to old at least until the slowness issues are resolved with auctiva site or until after holidays to make this change.

Thanks for your response.
You would think they are owned by Ebay, change for the sake of change and usually for the worse. It would be really nice if they would leave the folder colors so they show up or do they not want anyone to stay with them. These changes on top of all the other problems are really starting to irk me and make me wonder if I should look for an alternative. Every time they do an update for new features or make changes, there are huge problems. I now have reallym no idea what folder my stuff is in anymore. It is ugly, and pathetic. I think they need a new design team that will work with the users instead of making changes to justify ridiculous salaries.
I guess everyone who lists is 20 and can see and LOVE change. "just for the sake of change" I am over 20 and find this new one hard on the eyes!! Also find it hard to hit the target and the scrolling, I can't possibly put into words!!!

Dutchman, IF you hoover, very, very, very carefully the file folder name may show up. Note I said may as I found what I thought was perfect hoover spot and did not work next time. So you have to get it right on a very small spot.

Just better hope your hand does not shake or you will miss it.. and please DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BLINK!! (or you have for sure missed it).

IF someone is using this and LOVES it please let us know what new good features are?? IF you are using and HATE it please post her also.. and put what you do not like so Auctiva can hear that there are more than a handful of us.

Auctiva, please let let us look at this in positive way and respond to previous questions specifically asking questions. Who knows.. we may LOVE it IF we can figure out why it was done and what it does to help us!! It looks as though the wheel as been reinvented as a TRIANGLE???

Thanks for response Auctiva. .
Hi!

We are going to be fixing the issue with the folder colors--I agree, it is very hard to see what folders the listings are in with that small sliver of color. So, we are going change that aspect of the page back to the old way, and have the entire listing be shown with the folder color in the background. My eyes aren't what they used to be either, and when you're glancing through listings it's easy to miss that folder icon. We are getting this started now, but it'll take some time to get this changed (hopefully a couple weeks-- don't quote me on that--it's a bigger project than it appears to be, but I will let you know when it's done.)

Thanks for your input!
Rebecca.. I thought you had left there (ha!) Glad they had you try it out. I can assure you your eyes are much better than mine!! You are much younger than I am!! (SLIVER, that is word I have been looking for!)

Is there anyway they can default back to the old until this is finished. So that we do not have to go back each time, or at least through the holidays. I was STUNNED and SHOCKED when I saw it last night and realized that every single time I had to go back.

ONE thing I do like (so see I did try it). Is IF you are relisting from saved listings and type a name of item in search box and list it ZAP!! It lists fast as lightning!!

Also, please please have them look at the scrolling, I can't even pinpoint to put into words what it is that I hate on it!! But someone else commented about it also.

Thank you all for listening (reading). I know this is PITA when you do something that you think this is IT!! And get water thrown in the face.
I think I pinpointed the annoying scrolling issue in New saved Listing Page. It only scrolls a fraction of the page -- the enormous header stays put and so only 1/3 of the screen is being scrolled. I can't see but about 4 listings on the screen at one time. Please shrink the huge header at the top so more visibility is given to the listings rather than auctiva misc. Also there is plenty of room on the sides, please make our listings larger -- that would help on many levels.
PLEASE PLEASE do not do away with the old Saved pages - your tinkering is nuts and just does not work for many of us. Keep the old one and let us choose which one to use. Also the New Sales page is a little cuckoo as well - when doing a batch of items that were shipped and leaving feedback, etc. - have to keep refreshing the page so I can see what I am doing. Stop acting like eBay and making changes just to make changes. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
Planet earth to anyone in Auctiva

I have seen more different folks post on why not to make the change. The law of averages says that at least one person would have posted saying they liked such and such feature. If they did I missed it. If they did I bet they also agreed with others points

I am embarrassed to be in the same profession as you are. step up to the plate and and have Webninar on this topic

What some folks do not realize is that the Saved Folder is the first. They are marching through the entire site with this change. (some my have missed it but in the announcement they proudly mentioned that the Saved folder was the first.

AUCTIVA person-up and talk with us

DUTCHMAN48 right-on to the ramparts

Lets not throw good money after bad lets keep the old and the new (until it becomes obsolete which won't take long) and let usage settle the issue. with a fair trail (that'll never happen) I would bet my house what would win.

Okay just read the response. So we'll make the new look like the old. okay it's their dollar. Heck I even offered to pay more per month for a modification that should be straight forward and take a lot less time than the new page took. Heck one good programmer (not a technician or a coder a programmer) to change. I could, if no one is there (if there is no one there than there are no programmers there) have explained what needed to be done in "psuedo code"
I am glad to see I am not alone. Count me as one who really dislikes the new page. Chaning the folder color is a good start but also make the scrolling easier and allow more items to be seen on the screen at one time.
The search should be sticky. The old one is.
If I am relisting closed items with the search November I want to only see saved November items when I click back on saved items and be on the same page. It is not even sticky with the number of days. Retyping a search term and finding the right page again is a time waster.
I would also like to see a total number of pages not just an arrow.

Please do not throw out the old.
Last edited by gibsonbk
Frankly, with all of the things that most who have posted hate, I don't know why the heck auctiva would spend precious $$$$ and time fixing the new page. Why not just make it simple and go back to the old??? (then IF necessary add whatever has been added, which I have YET to get answer on, to the old page). I do not mean make old like the new now. . I mean keep old and IF mandatory for whatever reason add things auctiva seems to think we can't live without.

Also, Auctiva if you are getting these complaints about the new page do you really want to go through this over and over when you do the other pages you propose to do????

If so, to me that is like shooting yourself in the leg over and over.

Again, I ask WHY were the changes made??? Why are we being forced to swallow something that was fine before, but now that we have the NEW AND IMPROVED people hate it?? Then going to be forced to suffer through same garbage a few more times to do active pages, etc.???? What is purpose and what are new features. I did find pop up for picture nice, but could live without that for sure, as once again, it is a pop up and with auctiva system slow that may slow things down more.

Auctiva, new features???? What is purpose of change? By not selling the new features by telling us what they are, WHY in the world would people even want to try it?? There is no incentive to try to even like it because NOT ONE PERSON with Auctiva has said, this is great, we put _________________________ on it that we did not have before???? I am beginning to wonder does anyone in Auctiva KNOW what the new and improved features are???
If so and mums the word, I am tired of the Where is Waldo???? This is Kind of like trying out a new car?? Why would I want to go to dealership and try a new car if it was worse than the one I have now AND sales person could not or would not tell me ONE thing that had improved over the one I have now after being asked repeatedly what has improved??? think I would just keep same old car.

Auctiva, I think (just my thought) that you should think long and hard about keeping this and trying to "fix" this product as we all know sometimes one fix leads to massive problems. Also on rolling out new areas that you plan to do this in. You seem to be shooting yourself in leg now and want to do it over and over???

Thanks for reading all of this. . I would love some well thought out changes (in other areas). but this seems to be something that may have been thought out at HAPPY HOUR on Friday afternoon. Believe me I have had those Happy Hour moments that later I thought. . what the heck was I thinking!

Anyone want to Play Where's Waldo this week-end and tell me changes???? Wink
Dutchman, IF you are talking about where you hit the magnifier and you can preview listing, you can do that on old page too. You do not have to open saved listing. On far right it is 2nd button down (magnifier)on each listing (there are 3 stacked buttons) If so that is not change, it was on old.

IF it is something else, please let me know.. so I can get excited too!!

Thanks
I had not looked at the saved listings page before - it is brutal, particularly the scrolling issue. I have long thought Auctiva just keeps tinkering with no regard to the customer base. To the person that said they are the same as ebay, you may be close to the truth. I believe that when they first started out there was talk with intergration with other sites. It never happened. On the other hand, the outfit that I see that is taking away customers from this site has recently added another auction site you can use his software on. When you watch the videos he shows you how the site is designed for mutlt companies, not just one specific as this is. Me, I see no advantages to the new page. Looks more like a way to keep people employed in whatever country they may be working in.
The new saved listing page is fine, but then so was the old one!

But as gibsonbk says, please make the search and sort criteria sticky - they were sticky on the old saved listing page.

By sticky we mean:
On the new saved listing page I filter perhaps to a particular folder A, sorted perhaps in item name order. I then go into a item to revise something, then back to the saved listing page. The page should still have my filter and sort criteria applied - i.e. folder A with sorting in item name order.

It's very irritating to have to reapply the filter and sort criteria each time one goes back to the saved listing page.

Patrick
And try printing the new saved listing page. At least for me (IE9) the "header" and "detail" sections are printed on top of each other. Unreadable I'm afraid!!

I do regularily need to select filter and sort criteria and then print the resulting item list. I can still do this from the old saved listing page, but it should be possible from the new page as well.

Patrick
Hi lookandbuyme!

As far as I can see, it offers precisely what the old page offered and nothing more. I have no functional reason for prefering it to the old page, it just looks better - cleaner and more modern.

Much as I always like cosmetic improvements, I basically agree with you that Auctiva's efforts could perhaps have been better used doing some functional improvements.

Patrick
Just adding my two cents here. I saw the new saved listing page this morning when I started to list. I hate it too! Please, please please let us keep the old page. This is just a pain in the patootie!

I couldn't get it to scroll down, and I can hardly read it, it is so small. I did find that by unchecking the box that says 'fixed header' you are able to scroll. Then the next time you go to the saved listing page, you have to uncheck it again!

Yea, this is beginning to look too much like ebay...too many changes, and right here in the holiday season, when everyone is stressed enough. Just like paypal turning over shipping to ebay. Enough people, enough!
Oh please,say it an't so.This is worse than ebay changes at Christmas.
I tried to use it Yesterday and I cannot get anywhere with it.I don't even understand how to open a page,
Please don't take away the old.I don't want a new listing page for Christmas,I have been to bad for something like that,just give me back my old one,please!
Janne
Another issue I have.. is the little circle going round and round and round where she stops or when nobody knows. YES, we know we are waiting but watching that thing go around makes you realize how long you wait.

Activa since we are having slowness issues, I sure would not want people counting the circles. It almost advertises how slow it is right now.

Also, when you click to go to saved, if you say change your mind and say want to to go closed. . You actually have to sit and wait on the saved listing page to load, which is very slow.

I am glad I am not the only one who does not like this at all!!!

Auctiva.. how about defaulting back to old page FOREVER or at minimum until you get it together with fixing the New and Improved Saved Listing page which does not appear improved at all. This is HUGE time waster!!! And time is MONEY in our business and this is PRIME time for most sellers.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.