Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

LOL! They never come into the forums anyway to address anyone's concerns, or deem it necessary to clue anyone in on what's going on. Service requests are ignored until AFTER the problems are fixed. It's bad enough for the folks who use the free service, but what about the rest of us who PAY for it? And we're not supposed to complain?
Here's your life. Brown-nose.
While I agree that complaing does no good and doesn't help solve the problem, it's nice to be able to share your feelings with other mates who are in the same boat as I am. I harbor no ill will toward those who are providing this great service and am grateful for their hard work in making it better. Having said that, it is quite frustrating to have to deal with so many problems that seemingly could be avoided with better planning and better technical know-how. Nonetheless, this service is as good as it gets for what it provides and I will support the providers in any way I can to help keep it up and running.
I think that I can honestly say that I have tried to be patience and support Auctiva during this upgrading. In fact, I was proud that they were changing servers to provide us with better service. However, I have hit bottom with them tonight. Yes, it appears that Auctiva is back up, but immediately, I get this message that Server Error "n" Application telling me that I have to configurate my files. I am the first to admit that I am not the most competent person on a computer, but, I really don't think that I deserve this. I don't know what this message means, and, I certainly don't know what to do to correct it. I have a room full of clothes to list, but-----. I can't even get to the Help section with Auctiva. I am completely blown away.
quote:

I feel so stupid. I can't do anything on this site. I have spend hours here and just need to quit now. I keep getting these error messages and don't know what to do about them. They say: Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Can someone tell me if I have to do something or is this just problems on this site. For now, Good Night. Thank you to anyone who can help me out.
quote:
Originally posted by kc425:
LOL! That's the ONLY time you'll hear from Jeff or anyone else again - AFTER things are working! Forget about that email they sent about "improved customer support". If nonexistant is improved, then they got it right.

In all fairness, they were probably pretty busy with the move.

I've never had any problem with Auctiva answering my support questions. The mistake people probably make most often is posting their gripe here in the forums rather than contacting customer support directly.
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi Community,

Everyone should be able to post listings successfully now. Please let me know if this is not the case.

-Mike

i am still unable to post my listings, i had them scheduled they did not post and even tried to post them direct from saved listings, did not happen. Keep getting following error message:
>API Error

We're sorry, but before you list an item you must update your eBay account to a seller's account including a registered credit card. See your eBay account for more information.# Failure<

My ebay account is all ok.
Does something require updating, because of this server move??? Any suggestions??
Everything worked smoothly for about an hour or so on this end. Then it's back down again. Creating the listings went fine, but at this time am unable to save, schedule, or post. Error page coming up, (an error has occured, file a support case page). I assume they've still got some bugs to work out. So I'll just go back to my back up source and work from there till this is cleared up and running smooth again. Thanks for all your efforts over there Auctiva, it really IS appreciated.
quote:
Originally posted by rema:
quote:
Hi Community,

Everyone should be able to post listings successfully now. Please let me know if this is not the case.

-Mike

i am still unable to post my listings, i had them scheduled they did not post and even tried to post them direct from saved listings, did not happen. Keep getting following error message:
>API Error

We're sorry, but before you list an item you must update your eBay account to a seller's account including a registered credit card. See your eBay account for more information.# Failure<

Does something require updating, because of this server move??? Any suggestions??

API is an ebay error not an Auctiva error!

I know at the other place, that meant you had to update your token Wink
Confused I'm still having trouble been trying since the moe started keep getting server errors, not been able to post listings i have tried everything and kept reading the community pages for new ideas and updates to when we can list, still not happening for me Frown. don't no what to do anymore.might leave it a week and come back then to see if all the gliches are fixed.
quote:
Originally posted by rema:
quote:
Hi Community,

-Mike

>API Error

Rema, were you able to list through Auctiva before the move? If you hadn't, is there a chance you hadn't completed the necessary requirements to make your account a seller's account? If you were able to post through here before, then I'd do as wahm suggested and try updating your token.
Don't assume that the token being present means all is OK. Go ahead and update it through auctiva, or go into the part of your my ebay page that lists permissions/tokens and revoke auctiva's token there. Then you can generate a new one.

This has solved some similar problems on the service wahm and I used before Wink I'm guessing something may have gotten messed up with the move.

Giving it a try will be much faster than waiting for ebay, especially if you're not a powerseller. (The one actual benefit of PS is faster email support.)
Here's one for ya - I logged in last night - of course using my own id/pass and got someone else's information - their complete acount. I e-mailed support and they told me to change my password. Hello?? I don't think my password had anything to do with that serious glitch. If I were a total crap person - I could have deleted the hundreds of photos, etc. that this person had loaded. Don't know what to think of that one.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.