Skip to main content

Hi..I've just signed up to this t post some items to eBay. My first one has posted sucessfully but the next 2 have the following error and won't post:

eBay has not posted your item due to title, description, and/or eBay policy violation. Please contact Auctiva support for more information on why your listing has failed to post.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi,

That's a frequently reported API error and could have alot of causes. Even phrases like "As New" are now a problem in some Categories. I would open a Support Case with Auctiva and ask if they can help clarify the cause. Follow the HELP link at top of page and look at lower right on new page for "File a Support Request".

If Auctiva can't help, try a direct list on eBay where you should get an exact cause. You can export the HTML code for the Decription section of the listing to copy and paste to eBay's lister. Look for the <HTML> icon on the right for each listing on the Saved Listings page.

Danno
As a follow up; I tried listing the item using eBay's listing page and I get the same result, this message:"In order to help maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on listings. At this time, you are limited as to the listing of certain items."
Did a chat with eBay and they said I have to go to the Trust & Safety Dept to get my limit raised, whatever that means. Been selling on eBay for 10 years and never ran into a "limit"!!!
I just recenlty read a few blogs and a PSU report from a PowerSeller reporting that eBay is messaging folks (PowerSellers) indicating they are dropping selling limits very low and to as long as 30 days on some items, e.g. limit of 5 listings of item/category in 30 day period. This may in part be due to the recent French Counterfeit ruling and fine against eBay (see Articles section of Forum). I understand that Sellers might have a case by case appeal on the limits. However, I don't know if only PowerSellers will get any relief on limits.

tomas....that would seem to confirm your report.

Danno
Thanks Danno. Your post got me going in the right direction.
After much ado, I think I finally figured out my listing problem.
It appears that the message I (we) got covers more than one situation. In my case, I listed a very old, unmarked pocket watch that I said "looked like it might be a Longines" Well, the words "look like" & "Longines" were the kiss of death. It raised the counterfeit warning flags high! That auction would have never been listed no matter how many times I tried in the future. I removed those words and the auction listed, no problem.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.