Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm having a problem with images too. They always show up on my listing...if I can get the listing to post. But in the store, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't show up. I just don't understand.

For the last 3 days I'm getting scripting errors when I add my pictures and they cause my browser to crash. I've been on here for 13 hours today (in order to take advantage of the eBay sale) and I've only been able to get 3 listings to post. I'm about to give it up!
Well I am in the same boat. I came to Auctiva on recommendation from other ebayers because the ebay listing process was way too slow for me. I was told Auctiva was fast and I admit I was very impressed with the layouts, profiles and masters. I like the shipping insurance option too. I know how much time the profiles can save so I set them all up and WHAM! Now I can't seem to get anything to work.

I did successfully upload more than a dozen photos but I could not upload a couple others I needed to add. At various points in refining my profiles, I kept getting SYSTEM APPLICATION '/' ERROR or some such with notice that the server could not explain the problem for security reasons. So I could not revise one of the masters I needed to change. And then when I finally tried to do a listing, it wouldn't list nor would it let me save it.

From reading here, apparently this is common. Wish I had realized that before spending the time to set all the profiles up.

Does anyone have hope this is temporary?

Does anyone know if there is a "server/system" report section on the Auctiva.com site?

I wonder if this is only related to increased traffic because ebay sent out those emails a couple days ago noting that 8/1 was a half price special?

I thought they'd disclose if things were gummed up due to a system upgrade (that was noted on one of the dozens of error messages I received today) sort of like how your dsl or dial up provider will advise if there are outages or problems in their system.

I am really disappointed to think that maybe this nice program will not be available as a handy tool. I'll try a few more times and then I guess I'll have to look elsewhere too if I can't get it to work.
quote:
I wonder if this is only related to increased traffic because ebay sent out those emails a couple days ago noting that 8/1 was a half price special?
The first I'd heard of it was 6 hours 56 minutes before, not days.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200607311703582.html

If you had heard days before post here. Sellers would love to know days before so they could plan for it and create and save listings. Typically eBay gives only a few hours notice.
I've been having the image hosting PROBLEM ever since I signed up with Auctiva. I didn't hear of the eBay SPECIAL any sooner than any one else did.

I've spent days reading through posts trying to fix the errors. I do love the Auctiva site, but there doesn't seem to be any way to go for technical help. I thought maybe my computer was too old, so I bought a new one and I'm having the same problems with it.

I only responded to this topic because I found someone else who seemed to have a similar problem and I was hoping that someone that knew how to HELP me would respond. Thanks anyway.
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
quote:

If you had heard days before post here. Sellers would love to know days before so they could plan for it and create and save listings. Typically eBay gives only a few hours notice.
Sometimes Ebay will notify you days in advance. I got a calendar from them right after Christmas that had quite a few discount days marked.
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
quote:

Hi Jeff,
Thank you for replying. Actually I've searched and searched for the email I received from ebay notifying me of the discount day deal. But I can't seem to find it in my trash. The only thing I can think of is that the notice was really a hotlink in a "normal" ebay notice that I clicked to get the full details and it's not showing up on a google desktop search.

Regardless I KNOW they informed me at least 3 or 4 days before the deal day because in my mind I knew I had a few days before to get ready (do photos, get weights, research pricing, etc.) and so I did that. I waited until the day of the deal to post because I'm new to ebay and new to auctiva having only sold a dozen or so things total. I still haven't listed anything through Auctiva and was thinking with the profiles, this deal day listing I'd planned would be awesome (to get it done so much more easily than I did with my first listings at ebay.com).

I didn't know about scheduling or how it worked - sounds like a good feature though.

I will share the news next time I receive it about the discount days.

Please consider making a separate forum heading here called "System Reports". This could be a great place for you and Kevin to post press releases to the community when there are glitches like this instead of having to go through all these posts with weird titles looking for the latest information on problems like this. It's really wonderful that you are communicating and putting it out in one special locked forum only for you guys to report and advise would help you save time (not replying to multiple posts but instead referring all to the System Reports forum) and help the community find the latest news more easily.

Thanks for the Auctiva product. I hope this problem is solved and it ends up being the wonderful tool I see it has the potential of being. I intend to always put your insurance option on my listings in hopes of supporting your effort. If there is something else we users of this free service can do, please let us know.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.