Skip to main content

Anybody else having this problem?

The page just stops on IE below the description and there is no shipping cost available to the customer. This is for only one auction I put up Thursday. Editing the HTML does not fix the problem.

FireFox browser looks normal.

Glitch? IE problem? Auctiva problem? eBay problem?

Anybody here of this?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:

Hi,

I see what you are seeing. I looked at the code and see some odd code in your description section. My code analyzer is objecting. Here's the snippet that might be the cause:

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables />
<w:SnapToGridInCell />
<w:WrapTextWithPunct />
<w:UseAsianBreakRules />
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
</w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]--><style type="text/css">
<!--{PS </style>

Did you copy and paste some Word or other word processing document text into the description? That type of code is incompatible and probably why IE is acting odd.

Danno
Did you copy and paste some Word or other word processing document text into the description?

No, I just did a regular listing from Auctiva. I'm going to do another here in a minute to see if it will load normally and if this was just a glitch or ???

The different looks between IE and FireFox are consistent on the 3 computers and connections I have access to. I think eBay is up to something as well.

Anybody get the super wide view page? One computer at my place does that.
Hi,

I did some cross-checks, and that code </w:WordDocument> appears to originate with Microsoft Word 2003 (perhaps other releases).

Removing that code does cause my code analyzer to show the remaining code correctly.

Don't know why it's there, but you might want to inspect your description section in HTML mode before submitting another listing.

Danno

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.