Skip to main content

If that is the case, what good will it be to have and pay for auctiva? you get free pictures now with ebay..I like the templates and the ease of listing.

ALSO how do you remove templates/borders from existing store items?

need to test a few out to make sure I dont lose my search spot after I remove it.

Scott
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi can you please let us know where you read no templates by sending link please.

WOW that is interesting as that is 80% at this point of why I use auctiva. When I started it was for the photos mostly. But like you said, ebay is giving those now.

Let us know results of your test please....

Auctiva, have you read anything about this??? Thanks for post.
just an fyi, this issue is also listed in another area of forum in the Templates section.

I have asked that auctiva be proactive about this and seek the information from ebay, instead of waiting. I would immediately start eliminating templates if i could get a straight answer.

Does Auctiva attend Ebay on Location where these announcements are made?
You know... I was wondering same thing....YOU would assume Auctiva would attend! If nothing else but to advertise their products to people attending. I mean you have a CAPTIVE audience who all use ebay and I would assume (note assume) that most of the people using commerce are or were ebay sellers so to me a stepping stone to commerce customers. Seems years ago I read that there were vendors there showing their wares and I believe a friend told me there were break out sessions where vendors actually told about their products.

I did quick bit of snooping around this morning,
and notice that auctiva blog in April 2011 had someone who wrote that is contributor to Auctiva EDU. Perhaps that person went and can help clarify what was said?

While I will NOT start removing mine, IF I have to make a revision I will strip it, AND I will also not add wood to the fire by putting new listings on there with templates.

For the people having to change their listings right now this should be URGENT, as they can strip while making those changes rather than manually going in and doing once for changes and another to strip!

Yes, we do need answers so we don't keep adding to the fire!

FYI here is link that above person wrote about, to other link on this subject for those interested:

https://community.auctiva.com/e...427022426#5427022426
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Ebay spokesperson confirmed that templates will be allowed, but not borders on photos. See this link from ecommercybytes:
http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y12/m09/i20/s00
quote:
Originally posted by lookandbuyme:
You know... I was wondering same thing....YOU would assume Auctiva would attend! If nothing else but to advertise their products to people attending. I mean you have a CAPTIVE audience who all use ebay and I would assume (note assume) that most of the people using commerce are or were ebay sellers so to me a stepping stone to commerce customers. Seems years ago I read that there were vendors there showing their wares and I believe a friend told me there were break out sessions where vendors actually told about their products.

I did quick bit of snooping around this morning,
and notice that auctiva blog in April 2011 had someone who wrote that is contributor to Auctiva EDU. Perhaps that person went and can help clarify what was said?

While I will NOT start removing mine, IF I have to make a revision I will strip it, AND I will also not add wood to the fire by putting new listings on there with templates.

For the people having to change their listings right now this should be URGENT, as they can strip while making those changes rather than manually going in and doing once for changes and another to strip!

Yes, we do need answers so we don't keep adding to the fire!

FYI here is link that above person wrote about, to other link on this subject for those interested:

https://community.auctiva.com/e...427022426#5427022426
Keep in mind...this to my knowledge has NOT been verified or denied by ebay. To my knowledge this source does not even work for ebay or auctiva. I have not seen anywhere that auctiva went and asked ebay themselves, they are going by what someone else has quoted.

Since Ebay is on the enhancing the buyer experience bandwagon, especially on the mobile devices, this part that apparently was quote from ebay, leads me to believe this is going to happen...it is just a ticking clock. Tick Tock...tick tock!

quote:
Moore said, "Whether using an HTML template or software that adds fading, circles and bubbles, having a border on an image can detract from the buyer experience, making it difficult to get a clear, accurate view of items."

Why would this be said or mentioned if it is not in the train of thought?

Guess I also have to ask...why in the world does Auctiva depend on others (such as Ina) to get information on ebay and corrections about ebay products? Anyone know..does Ina even work for ebay?? IF so she may be on the "in" and know...but I did not think she was employed by them. If she is not on ebay payroll, then WHY in the would would auctiva depend on someone else (not just Ina) but anyone not on ebay payroll.

I thought from the blog that Auctiva
quote:
"regularly communicates directly with eBay product managers"

If this is case why would auctiva depend on a totally outside source for their information rather than going to ebay and asking. Why not just go hear it out of the horses mouth ebay's.

Just my thoughts...again worth about 2 maybe 3 cents.
Last edited by lookandbuyme

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.