Skip to main content

I'm brand new to this so I may be missing something (wouldn't be the first time!), but I 'listed' my item at 10:30am yesterday and it's still not showing up on ebay. Was there a problem and I should 'relist' it, or should I wait a little longer because ebay is slow? I don't know how to check the status on this end of things.

Thanks! :-)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The only way to tell FOR SURE if your items are posted is if you can see them on your 'my ebay' page under selling. You would also have gotten confirmation emails from ebay, but those can be glitchy. If they show in your 'my ebay' page, then they have posted. If not, then something went wrong.

Ebay takes usually 4-6 hours to index listings, (although I have had them take as long as 12) but this seems excessive. Are you perhaps selling name brand designer stuff? That can take even longer because they have to go through all the criteria for fraud check.

Don't relist anything until you are sure...check your 'my ebay' page Smile
jenn, if you haven't resolved yet.....

24 hours is too long, I think eBay indexing should only take 12 hrs max; so if it's not in your MY EBAY > SELLING page, then it's not listed.

Before you file a support case, you should check the status on your AUCTIVA>LISTINGS>SCHEDULED page & see if there's an error on the right-hand side of the page in red letters; if not, and it's not in MY EBAY either, then it didn't launch for some reason & that's really unusual. You can also file a support case here: FILE AN AUCTIVA SUPPORT CASE

Here's a recent thread in the Auctiva EBAY Lounge board about other's experience with the new indexing system....
Ebay "Indexing" delay
Last edited by crabby
quote:
Originally posted by crabby:
jenn, if you haven't resolved yet.....

24 hours is too long, I think eBay indexing should only take 12 hrs max; so if it's not in your MY EBAY > SELLING page, then it's not listed.

Before you file a support case, you should check the status on your AUCTIVA>LISTINGS>SCHEDULED page & see if there's an error on the right-hand side of the page in red letters; if not, and it's not in MY EBAY either, then it didn't launch for some reason & that's really unusual. You can also file a support case here: FILE AN AUCTIVA SUPPORT CASE

Here's a recent thread in the Auctiva EBAY Lounge board about other's experience with the new indexing system....
Ebay "Indexing" delay
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tinyangelhand:
[Soory, my first time to use auctiva and community as well.
I have registered a token in my auctiva account, and also have posted a listing in ebay, Canada since yesterday. I still cannot find the active listing in my auctiva
Second, I tried to post the listing in ebay US, it's an error as well.
Please help. I've been playing around with this for a long time!!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.