Skip to main content

lmao ..sorry trying to control the laughter while typing. I've been reading craigs list, and came upon this

we are hungry and moving--you need a MICROWAVE, lamps and coat rack
In exchange for one GOOD pizza we will give you a large, functional, intensely powered microwave, a standing lamp, a small lamp and a coat rack. Serious inquiries please call Kelly

Now that takes a Pizza addiction to a new level, lol.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I listed a car on craigs list Friday afternoon, sold it yesterday morning.

I bought it for 75.00 a month ago from a neighbor, they said it just needed a water pump, well it didn't it had a blown head gasket, and thats not something I want to fix and can't afford it. so listed it for 200.00 and sold it to the first person. Now if I can just sell the tires I put on there I'll be happy.
quote:
Sorry to hear it wasn't workable for you. I know how much you need a car!

Ya you know it, over a year without a car and can't take it no more. Mom finally caved in and is giving me their Honda Civic. Been sitting in their driveway for 3 years, its only a 2 sitter which is why she didn't think it was practical. But I NEED A CAR, and I only have 1 kid at home now so it won't be too bad. GREAT Gas Milege too.
This is a walk down car memory lane for me... my first (shared) car was a '91 Tempo and my second was a '99 Cavalier. It was my Cavalier that blew a head gasket. My Tempo just randomly stalled at traffic lights and creeping construction/accident traffic. Of course, it did that to me for years but never did it for the mechanic...

Lisa, that sounds like a good price for your tempo! I dunno how much it would be for a tempo, but fixing my blown head gasket a few years ago cost more than Danielle's selling price on her cav.
quote:
Originally posted by AngelLisa:
quote:
Wow! I was thinking it'd be something like a '72 El Camino or something.

WooHoo a El Camino, now thats sumthin I would of got fixed, lol.

Hubby has one he's working on. Its in perfect running condition, now to work on the body. He just got a bunch of parts from one the was headed for the junk yard. Over $2000 worth of parts for only $400
quote:
Originally posted by AngelLisa:
quote:
Sorry to hear it wasn't workable for you. I know how much you need a car!

Ya you know it, over a year without a car and can't take it no more. Mom finally caved in and is giving me their Honda Civic. Been sitting in their driveway for 3 years, its only a 2 sitter which is why she didn't think it was practical. But I NEED A CAR, and I only have 1 kid at home now so it won't be too bad. GREAT Gas Milege too.

Well i'm glad you have a way to get around now, I'm sure the boys know how to get around on their own by now.

Things sound like they are looking up for you Wink

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.