Skip to main content

now theyre saying that people with road rage suffer from IAD - Intermittent Anger Disorder (also sometimes called Intermittent Explosive Disorder).

So now there's an official disorder for those angry outbursts. *shaking head*

edit - some googling shows that it's not totally new, that IED was added to the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders in 1980. Still, though, first i've heard about an official term/diagnosis for people with anger issues.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by wayoutwest:
now theyre saying that people with road rage suffer from IAD - Intermittent Anger Disorder (also sometimes called Intermittent Explosive Disorder).

So now there's an official disorder for those angry outbursts. *shaking head*.

Yea well I have a new name for IAD it's called "Ignorant **shole Disorder" Where do they come up with this garbage. I swear I think the medical community will do anything and come up with anything these days to make a buck.
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Bradford:
Well, you know, everyone's a victim.

Yep, you're right on the money there.

No matter what happens to a person or what havoc one causes...it's blamed on the mental disorder of the day/week/month.

I'm definitely tired of it.

I had a bidder several months ago that blamed her excessive bidding on several of my auctions on her ******* bipolar complex. (not my main eBay ID)

Her words..I'm sorry, I can't pay. When I'm in one of my cycles, I buy buy buy..but I can't pay for the items I bid on. I should take my meds but I don't like how they make me feel.

Can you believe that? And they expect me to take a hit for fee's because of their inability to take care of their "disease." I as a seller don't care how your meds make you feel. When you cost me money with fee's AND you bid on my items and won't pay with some lame excuse..you expect me to be a bleeding heart? This buyer outbid other buyers who could've won the items and paid on time.

Instead what do I get to do.....wait the time allotted to file NPB, then wait some more for the FVC.

Done venting!
Donna

Get Real!

Well, I filed nonpaying bidder, bidder, bidder on her. C'mon folks step up to the plate and stop relying on these excuses.
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:

I had a bidder several months ago that blamed her excessive bidding on several of my auctions on her ******* bipolar complex.

OMG Donna, I would have been livid. I know there are legit type disorders out there but the one you just described is pure horse hockey. I,ve never heard or will ever believe there is a disorder that makes you bid on ebay items...ahahahahahahaah what a load!

"Cant I just close my eyes and make them all go away?"
I must suffer from it myself. There are large numbers of stupid drivers in this area. I do find my patience a bit tried as of late.

I agree with Danielle. Pop a pill, or 3 and all is well.

As far as bidding and blaming it on bipolar, that is a hoot! I would be a bit lively myself. I hope it got straightened out for you. That's just craziness!
if only everyone would take a daily dose of xanax, tons of the garbage we see every day would never happen.

Hmmm... perhaps my new tagline should be, "The entire world needs medicating!" Big Grin

I do agree, all this "woe is me, my disorder made me do it" is a bunch of tripe! I have issues, you have issues, everyone has issues. it's how you deal with it.

course, in good news, for those that have real jobs they can now say "i'm sorry i went off on everyone, i have a disorder. and since i'm seeking help, you cant fire me."

actually it's bad news, cause bosses and coworkers will see those types of events happen Frown
quote:
Originally posted by wahm922:
And now we will have 10 new RX drugs introduced to cure it Roll Eyes

that's exactly why they are declaring everything a 'disease', i think.. so the fda can market it and come up w/ some more crap we don't need.. then they can make a bunch of commercials telling us to 'ask our doctor' about the new drug for it.. and meanwhile they've given the doctor season box seats to his fav. sports team's games in exchange for giving out their samples and promoting their new 'cure'. bah.

sorry. personal opinion rant over! that stuff just irks me. damn the man! Wink
quote:
Originally posted by ataraxis:
Cherry Plum, eh?

What exactly is that?

I made need to stock up.
Razz

General Information and datasheet (BACH FLOWER ESSENCES)

Bach Flower Essence, Cherry Plum 20ml
Cherry Plum (Prunus
cerasifera) is a flower essence for individuals on the verge of
a breakdown; are in deep despair; possibly contemplating
suicide; abusive and hysterical, exploding in sudden outburst of
rage; and may be significant for easing screaming fits in
children.
Suggested Use:
Take 2 drops in a small glass of
water and sip at intervals or take directly on the tongue.
Ingredients:
Essence of Cherry Plum (prunus cerasifera) in 27%
Alcohol

http://vitanetonline.com/description/BA0059/vitamins/Fl...Essence-Cherry-Plum/

I have used it myself in the past and it also has done wonders for my 3 year old son and his major tantrums. Bach Remedies are all natural and really do work.

I carry a bottle of Rescue Remedy with me at all times Wink

edited for typo
quote:
then they can make a bunch of commercials telling us to 'ask our doctor' about the new drug

Yeah, commercials for prescription medicine are creepy. If you trust your doctor, they'll recommend what they think is best. Self-education is important but no one gets that through commercials.

It's also creepy, for example, when the pen they hand you at the doctor's office to write your check is branded with some prescription drug. It's just not right.
quote:
Cherry Plum (Prunus
cerasifera) is a flower essence for individuals on the verge of
a breakdown; are in deep despair; possibly contemplating
suicide; abusive and hysterical, exploding in sudden outburst of
rage; and may be significant for easing screaming fits in
children.

Interesting. I'm not in deep despair or contemplating suicide though.
Sounds like something that might be beneficial to those with bipolar or depression.
I just get po'd with some people who drive like they got their license as a prize from a cereal box. Common courtesy and common sense are most uncommon nowadays it seems.

quote:
then they can make a bunch of commercials telling us to 'ask our doctor' about the new drug for it..

The side effects for the Rx's scare me more than the actual disease that they are trying to help.

You have heartburn so take this and have nausea, diarrhea, vomiting and a bleeding ulcer too!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.