Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Judy,

Welcome to the fruster club Smile

once you get the dreaded white spaces you are doomed. The only way to get rid of them is to revise them out in your active listing on ebay.

For some reason the editor implants extra html coding that is not in the original template.

Do you get the spacing after your description ?

I get a good 2 inches of white space after my last picture, just before the Shipping & Payment write up, and it looks so bad.

The extra spacing shows like this in your ebay template, except the <> are closer together.
<p ><br ><br > </p >
about 4 lines of it.

If you find a way to get rid of it in the listing, please let me know.
Hey All,
I worked on it all day and it was better, I did not get so frustrated, I don't know if "they" changed it from last night or I did something dif. Regardless of what I do there is always some fix'n to do on the Ebay side. Yha, it's time consuming, but again it's free. I keep telling myself that! Found a couple things. I don't know HTML so I flub away with the copy and paist trick in word then keep the code for later use. Anyway, if you do a paragraph and want a space, it seems your good, but if you do a paragraph and don't, thats the prob. I found sometimes it works to do your paragraph in word, than do that CTRLV. BUTTTTT the trick is the period. Put a period at the end, but when coping it, don't pick that period up. If you notice when you pick up the paragraph it'll pick up spaces at the end. But if you put in a period and don't pick it up I guess "it" thinks your not done. Try it out and see if I am goofy! It's only minor but helps with the frustration level. Hope I was clear! Roll Eyes
Oh yah one more thing. Before you ever begin check the code and make sure it's empty, if you erase in the design mode it sometimes leaves stuff in the code mode. So be sure it's all empty; than start new. Also I found sometimes to close it (save) than come back and edit works. The colored background templates are worse then the white ones, if you're having real trouble with highlight, don't use the color pages. That's all, goodnight.
Hi All,

I've had the same prob. I was working on the same detail profiles for like an hour (maybe more) trying to figure out why I kept getting spaces. I ended up creating a Picture for my Payment & Shipping Details then just inserting them in the listing. I understand the more pictures the longer it takes for the listing to show up but I made sure that the image size is between 300-400 pixels. There are still a couple of spaces that show up but at least I'm not deleting spaces for more than an hour!
Hi! I'm new to Activa and wanted to know if you could help me. Regarding the spacing, are you referring to that extra chunk of white space right that appears just ahead of the activa templates. If requires a visitor to really scroll down to see your item photos - which is a drag. Has there been any correction to this yet! Thanks - just trying to work my way thru all of this stuff...

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.