Skip to main content

Check this out:

Our dishwasher was installed wrong, the hoses were never connected. We found this out yesterday when an entire cycle of dishwasher water went underneath our brand new $800 laminate floor. Which is now completely ruined, according to the Home Depot. The upside is that if we still had the vinyl floor in our kitchen, it would have ruined the cabinets instead, which would have been more expensive.

Sunday, my husband drilled through his thumb. He had to go to the hospital for xrays, because we couldn't find all the drill bit pieces and we were concerned that his thumb was broken. And we just recently bumped his deductible up to $1000 because he "never" has any medical problems.

Friday, our washing machine broke. It is just barely over a year old and just barely out of its warranty.

Laa dee dah. Life is great right now. I believe in karma, which must mean that something SUPER is on its way.

Thanks for letting me complain.
Roxi
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by cakethings:
Check this out:

- Our dishwasher was installed wrong-
- my husband drilled through his thumb -
- our washing machine broke-

I believe in karma, which must mean that something SUPER is on its way.

Arrr, if I was you, Roxi, an' I bleev'd in Karma, I think I'd be awonderin' what the heck I did in my last life! Smile

CB, the sympathetic.

"and we all shine on..."
Speaking of venting, my USB cable for my digital camera is done. Nothing, nadda. I ordered one online. So, I'm sitting here on the discussion boards because I can't post. Mad

Ah well, I think I'll just get listings ready to go and upload pics when I receive my cable. Ah...who am I kidding? I probably wouldn't have a whole heck of a lot of time to post anyway this week. I have THREE medical appointments this week--and all are 20 to 30 miles away and one could take up to 4 hours!! Yippee Skippy. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Magie Noire:
Later when I have more time, I have a major 'venting session' to shout out about my miseriable UHaul experience Grrrrrrrr!!!

I would be with you on that. U-Haul sucks sucks sucks. In my experience, anyway. It's weird because there's really not that much to the experience of renting a truck and returning it but both times I've used them it's been terrible.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by annkate:
Speaking of venting, my USB cable for my digital camera is done. Nothing, nadda. I ordered one online. So, I'm sitting here on the discussion boards because I can't post. Mad
[QUOTE]

It might be just be my own personal tastes, but when I smoked my USB cable, the gal at the camera shop talked me into buying a USB card-reader instead. For less money, too. I think it was around twenty bucks.

Anyway, I eventually got another cable because it was a close-out five buck deal, but I hardly ever use it. Yet, I've blessed the simplicity of using that card-reader many times over. And also the camera girl who talked me into it.

CB
quote:
Speaking of venting, my USB cable for my digital camera is done. Nothing, nadda. I ordered one online. So, I'm sitting here on the discussion boards because I can't post

Sorry, at least its only the cable. My brand new camera broke. Son bought it for me for christmas have only used it a few times. Uploaded some pictures with it, and didn't unplug it right away (cause I never do) and went to use it the next day and it won't even turn on.
Well, I can't say right nowright nowthat I am having those kind of problems, but, I can tell you that this Monday, the day after Easter, has been terrible!! I have worked very, very hard on a day trip for our Older Singles SS class to go hear Jimmy Carter teach Sundays School at his church in Plains, Ga. Man, I have worked--in fact, I have no listings right now on eBay and only a few elsewhere because of the time that I have spent on this. Yesterday, when I was out-of-town visiting my family for Easter, 3 people in the class, who by the way never participates in anything, decided to call it off. Wow!!!! The Devil has been with me today! I even told the Associate Pastor what I thought of him. This is just not good the day after celebrating our Risen Lord, and, I am still anger about it! This has just about exhausted me--I am going to bed early tonight!! I needed to list today, maybe tomorrow.
cakethings--
I'm sorry to hear about the dishwasher fiasco. My dh works in the appliance dept @ Lowe's and if this happened in his store, Lowe's would be responsible for replacing your cabinets and floor. Call the corporate office. If the delivery person didn't install it property, how is that your fault???

I'm fairly new here but have I got a rant!

My son's birthday was Saturday. My stepfather asked if he could come over for the day. I asked my son and he said sure why not! It was the first time he ever invited my son to come over and we both thought that it would be a nice time. I dropped him off about noon and stepdad wanted him to stay for the day. Around 6 I picked him up, we were going to take him to Texas Roadhouse for a birthday dinner. I had to bring a change of clothes because he was filthy dirty and SUNBURNED. HE HAD MY SON WORK WITH HIM ALL DAY LONG!!!! Can you believe it!! Any other day in the past 13 years and he picks his 13th birthday to bust his a$$. PLUS, as an extra kick in the face, he didn't even give him a freakin' birthday gift!!! Yes, I'm just a wee bit livid, two days after.
Yesterday was Easter, so I told him today we could do whatever he wanted. He wanted to go to the Barnes & Noble Store and I got him 2 books. One on archery and another on cartooning and comics. Then we went to Burger King. We just finished cake and ice cream a bit ago.
I think this whole episode upset me more than my son, but how dare he!!!

Anyway, I feel a bit better now. Thanks for the topic! Quite timely.
quote:
My brand new camera broke. Son bought it for me for christmas have only used it a few times. Uploaded some pictures with it, and didn't unplug it right away (cause I never do) and went to use it the next day and it won't even turn on.

This may be obvious, but did you check to see if the battery needs recharging? If you left it connected to the computer and it also happened to be on...
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Bradford:
Wow, the hoses weren't connected! That's a pretty goof. Great to hear that they're going to take care of it for you.

So what was the verdict on your husband's thumb?

My husband's thumb is okay, just missing half of his thumbnail and still sensitive. He slammed it in the dumpster yesterday, which doesn't help.

Things are looking up - I landed a job interview at a nifty college in northwest Washington.

CB, you make me laugh! I must have been a major PIA in my last life.
quote:
Originally posted by cakethings:
quote:
Wow, the hoses weren't connected! That's a pretty goof. Great to hear that they're going to take care of it for you.

So what was the verdict on your husband's thumb?

My husband's thumb is okay, just missing half of his thumbnail and still sensitive. He slammed it in the dumpster yesterday, which doesn't help.

Things are looking up - I landed a job interview at a nifty college in northwest Washington.

CB, you make me laugh! I must have been a major PIA in my last life.

OUCH on the slamming the thumb again.

GOOD FOR YOU! Northwest Washington...Majorly kewl! I've always wanted to visit that part of the country.

As for CB's post? I read it fast and <smile> my mind read it as actually "smoking" the cord. Those must've been mighty special papers that cord was rolled in. <laughing> Ok..Ok..bad joke!

I won't even begin to touch the line in regards to the salesgirl. <wink>

Sending special Star Wars Bandaids for your hubsters boo boo,
Donna
(hoping the force will be with his thumb...bad joke, yeah..I know)
Yeah, me too. I'm a techno idiot. I'm not exactly sure what a card reader is either--although I'm fairly sure I ran across some of them while on my quest for a new cable. There's a lot I don't know about technical gadgets, so I kept moving on.

Capt. Binghamton, did you just go to a regular camera shop?? I would like to pick something up soon if I could. Thanks.
quote:
So why is a card reader better/easier than just plugging in the USB cable? So you don't have to mess with the camera itself?

Well, in my case, the plug at the camera end of the cable for my Olympus is very fragile - the pins get bent easy and that's how I ruined the first one. I don't know about other brands, though.

Secondly, and this again my be peculiar to my set-up, I often have the camera mounted to my tripod in a cobbed-together "studio" area, and it's just a lot easier to leave the camera on the tripod and slip the card out and over to the computer, which, by necessity is way beyond one cable-length away.

Plus, I never got around to getting the oddball ac adapter for my camera. Therefore, if I use the cable, well, I go through the hassle of the batteries going dead at the wrong time, etc.

Speaking strictly for myself, it's a blood-pressure-lowerer.

CB
quote:
Originally posted by annkate:

Capt. Binghamton, did you just go to a regular camera shop?? I would like to pick something up soon if I could. Thanks.

Well, at that time I did, but gosh...they sell them all over the place now. Staples, Office Max, and that bunch, as well as places like Wal-Mart, K-Mart and their ilk. It seems to me you can buy 'em pretty good on eBay, of course. Just be sure to take down your camera's make and model number. If you know the name of your card-type (Smart-Media, Memory Stick Pro, etc.) that's also helpful, but just having the camera model and make should get you there.

One caveat...I don't know what type of USB your computer has, if it's USB 1.1 or 2.0. You don't want to get something that is only for 2.0 if you only have a 1.1 USB. There's an easy way to tell what you have...but it escapes me at the moment! Maybe someone else can jump in here and set us straight.

CB
Thanks, Capt. Binghamton. I do know what a card reader is, actually. I just wasn't thinking. I was just plugging the darn thing (the camera) in. And I don't have the adapter thingy either and my camera eats batteries like their chocolate bon bons. I do a lot of pics because I don't sell alot of repeat items. So, tell me before I go off into techno land, how much is one of these babies (card reader) going to set me back?
quote:
Originally posted by annkate:
Thanks, Capt. Binghamton. I do know what a card reader is, actually. I just wasn't thinking. I was just plugging the darn thing (the camera) in. And I don't have the adapter thingy either and my camera eats batteries like their chocolate bon bons. I do a lot of pics because I don't sell alot of repeat items. So, tell me before I go off into techno land, how much is one of these babies (card reader) going to set me back?

I think I saw some BIN's on eBay for under $15 including shipping. I can't vouch for their quality of course, but usually none of these gizmo's prices are too painful for the average eBayer.

Good luck.

CB
Thanks again, Capt., for your knowledge. Think I'll just stop off at Circuit City tomorrow. They're online price is 14.99. But I'll be by one tomorrow anyway. And I just love asking those lovely (sigh...) boys questions. I'm much to old for any of them, but they are wonderful eye candy.

Thanks again, Captain!! I'll save a ton on batteries.
quote:
So why is a card reader better/easier than just plugging in the USB cable? So you don't have to mess with the camera itself?

Several reasons for me.

Even though I use rechargable batteries..you're still using the batteries. And I used to HATE having the batteries die in the middle of transfering pics. <ugh>

I'm happy that I'm not messing with the camera nor cables. I leave it connected (it's actually double stick velcro'd to the side of my tower). The card shows up as a separate removable drive.

Even though I have a fast 'puter, the transfer rate is smokin.

Hope this helps!
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by AngelLisa:
Mad Mad Oh, I so want to vent right now, I'm having the worst day I've had since my husband passed away. But I won't, I've learned my lesson on that one. Just remember that as bad as things may get, there is always someone that has it worse. I'm trying very hard right now to remember that.

I feel awkward addressing the subject, but I am sorry that you lost your husband. I hope better days are ahead for you. Maybe venting wouldn't be so bad an idea.

CB
Always darkest before the dawn.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.