Skip to main content

Good Morning All: I have been looking at PayPals offer to accept all major credit cards. Firsly does anyone have working knowledge of this feature and any input of whether or not it is good or bad to use.Second how does one go about fitting this into an Auctiva Listing? Since I am taking up space I do have another question. What does store item mean verses auction item. As usual Thank You all for your help

Dave
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thank you Rubberduck: As usual I miss-typed my thought. PayPayl does indeed take credit cards from their members. This is a set up where they will collect credit amounts from those that do not have a PayPal account. They charge a fee just as any merchant collection agent does. I was just wondering if anyone has used it or set is up on their Auctiva listings.I do not have an E-Bay store. I do have an Auctiva store and was hoping I could list items that were not for auction but I doubt that is going to be allowed.

Thank you again

Dave
Hi Dave,
I believe you may be talking about a Merchant Account? Most of the time that's unnecessary, unless you have a huge store...just having a Priemier Account is fine, you still take credit cards through PP.

As far as listing non auction items, It IS allowed, the only thing I can think of would be Fixed Price, Buy it Now, but you would only be able to have them listed for 7-10 days max. And this is JMO, but it isn't worth it to have a store unless you have ALOT of items Smile
Thank you 8880. I think you are right about the mechant account as being what I have been lookng at. I have had a couple fo folks ask if I take credit cards and they are not PayPal memebers so I never know what to tell them except join PayPal. As far as the store idea I am still all lost. I have an Auctiva store that I set up when I joined Auctiva. I do have domain name that I use with that store. I do not have an E-Bay store set up.I have been able to direct friends of mine and possible customers to my Auctiva store by giving them www.xxxxx.com. That works fine I just can not figure out if this store is bound to the rules of E-Bay or if it is my store and happens to share some of its items with E-Bay. I am sure I am over thinking this one but thats what makes the nights go by faster.

Ty again everyone

Dave
YES the Auctiva store is bound to the rules of Ebay...think of it this way - Ebay is the actual selling venue, Auctiva is just the listing service that you use to enhance your auctions.
Although there are many rumors that coming soon will be Auctiva 'free standing' stores where items can be purchased WITHOUT Ebay, but alas we don't have them yet Wink
If your friends or customers know your Ebay user name, they can find you easily enough through Ebay Advanced Search, or you can give them a link to your My World page too. The Auctiva store link is the best idea tho because once they click on an item they will be taken to Ebay anyway.
Good luck Smile

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.