Skip to main content

Does anyone out there have terrible problems with paypal like me??!! they keep limiting my account trying to link me with my ex husbands account (who owes them money) and at the same time keeping all my money from sales. they never reply to my e mails and keep accepting payments knowing that the goods will not be sent. i will now be getting bad feedback. is there no other company that will do the same job (better)!!! im sick and tired of PAYPAL!! Confused
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It makes no sense that the 2 accounts are being linked. This is computer controlled not a human looking and deciding they must be married so we will link their accounts. We have 5 different PayPal accounts in my house and none have been linked to each other. The only thing that makes sense is that your husband's account is in your name not his. Or he started another account using your info since the two of you parted ways. If he started the account after your divorce was initiated then it is probably a felony to be impersonating you or identity theft whatever you care to call it. Within the marriage I believe most states would recognize you two as a single entity and he was most likely within the law to register with your information. At any rate another popular service is StormPay.
quote:
Originally posted by lynn channon:
Does anyone out there have terrible problems with paypal like me??!! they keep limiting my account trying to link me with my ex husbands account (who owes them money) and at the same time keeping all my money from sales. they never reply to my e mails and keep accepting payments knowing that the goods will not be sent. i will now be getting bad feedback. is there no other company that will do the same job (better)!!! im sick and tired of PAYPAL!! Confused
Another thought is that the 2 accounts may be linked by a common bank account or credit card. Was this issue brought up during the divorce where the divorce order might state that this is his sole obligation and not yours. If so you could possibly see about getting a copy of that to PayPal, although they seem to bend the laws themselves, to get your account association to him removed. At this point they should reinstate your funds. Of course the thought just hit me that you may be in some serious trouble including mail fraud if you are continuing to sell with no intention of shipping the merchandise should the buyer be using PayPal. I think that you need to ship the materials that were payed for to protect yourself. Then stopped accepting PayPal payments until you resolve with them. When you do resolve change your associated e-mail address, bank info, password, secret question to obtain your password to something that has happened since the marriage that your husband could not possibly know the answer to, and basically anything that your ex may be privvy to. Again though the very first thing that you need to do to absolve yourself from anywrong doing is to ship the merchandise. Your customers paid for it. Your issues with PayPal are not theirs. If you plan on continuing with eBay you need to first and foremost protect your name with them. There are plenty of pay services including Western Union. Unfortunately most customers will not use anything other than PayPal, I wish they would because I think that they are totally useless to the vendors. I had a payment reversed on my account once. The customer had claimed non-receipt of merchandise. After PayPal's investigation refused to return the funds to me I started my own investigation and found her selling my merchandise at auction. This still did nothing to change the PayPal postion. I then contacted every eBay member that she had ever dealt with and let them know that they could possibly be buying stolen merchandise from this vendor. I know it was nasty for a small amount of money, but it was my rightfully my money. Anyhow at this point she said uncle, returned my money and then some. I don't know if she ever regained the trust of her customers but serves her right for being underhanded in the first place.
PAY PAL HAS NO REGARD FOR THE SELLER, MY ACCOUNT IS ALSO LIMITED BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE OWES MONEY AND HAS A PHONE NUMBER THAT HAS THE SAME AREA CODE AND A FEW DIGETS FROM MINE. I FINALLY FOUND OUT HOW MUCH IT WAS, AND ITS SEVERAL HUNDRED, AND AFTER TRYING TO TALK TO PAYPAL(BRICK WALL)FOR 2 DAYS AND THE AROGANT PEOOPLE THEY HAVE WORKING THERE THEY WILL TELL YOU ANYHING SO I DECIDED TO PAY IT, BUYERS HAVE PURCHASED MY ITEMS BUT CANNOT PAY BECAUSE PAY PAL HAS MY ACCOUNT LIMITED. I WILL LOSE A LOT MORE IF MY ACCOUNT IS CLOSED. PAY PAL IS GETTING A VERY BAD REPUTATION AMONG SELLERS. THEY WILL FREEZE YOUR FUNDS FOR ANY REASON. GO HERE IT WILL REALLY MAKE YOU THINK TWICE ABOUT USNG PAY PAL. http://paypalsucks.com/ I AM NOW PUTTING A MERCHANT ACCOUNT ON MY AUCTIONS AND WILL STOP USING PAY PAL WHEN IT IS SET UP. PAY PAL DOES NOT HAVE TO FOLLOW AND BANKING LAWS LIKE OTHER COMPANIES ARE REQUIRED TO THAT HANDLE CREDIT CARDS. TO ME I THINK EBAY AND PAY PAL ARE GETTIGN TO BIG AND THEY TRY TO CONTROL TOO MUCH. REMEMBER PAY PAL IS A 3RD PARTY, BEST WAY IS TO USE YOUR CARD THRU A MERCHANT ACCOUNT AND THE BANKS THEN IF THERE IS A DISPUTE THE ONLY FUNDS THAT ARE IN JEPARDY IS THE INITIAL SALE AMOUNT ONLY. PAY PAL WILL FREEZE YOPUR ACCOUNT WITH 3,000.00 IN IT OVER A 25.00 DISPUT. WITH PAY PAL YOUR ARE GUILTY IMMEDIATLY IF YOU ARE THE SELLER.
Not only are you guilty you can't defend yourself. Once they do something you can not defend yourself. You can get all the proof of delivery that is available and somehow once your in dispute it was the wrong one or you did it wrong what ever you lose. It is rumored that google is setting up an auction site if this is true I think there will be a mass exodous from both eBay and PayPal. I know I will be gone. It would be great if Google started a pay service too. But I think that bidpay and stormpay would increase market share dramatically if google does open an auction site.
quote:
Originally posted by sellalot48:
PAY PAL HAS NO REGARD FOR THE SELLER, MY ACCOUNT IS ALSO LIMITED BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE OWES MONEY AND HAS A PHONE NUMBER THAT HAS THE SAME AREA CODE AND A FEW DIGETS FROM MINE. I FINALLY FOUND OUT HOW MUCH IT WAS, AND ITS SEVERAL HUNDRED, AND AFTER TRYING TO TALK TO PAYPAL(BRICK WALL)FOR 2 DAYS AND THE AROGANT PEOOPLE THEY HAVE WORKING THERE THEY WILL TELL YOU ANYHING SO I DECIDED TO PAY IT, BUYERS HAVE PURCHASED MY ITEMS BUT CANNOT PAY BECAUSE PAY PAL HAS MY ACCOUNT LIMITED. I WILL LOSE A LOT MORE IF MY ACCOUNT IS CLOSED. PAY PAL IS GETTING A VERY BAD REPUTATION AMONG SELLERS. THEY WILL FREEZE YOUR FUNDS FOR ANY REASON. GO HERE IT WILL REALLY MAKE YOU THINK TWICE ABOUT USNG PAY PAL. http://paypalsucks.com/ I AM NOW PUTTING A MERCHANT ACCOUNT ON MY AUCTIONS AND WILL STOP USING PAY PAL WHEN IT IS SET UP. PAY PAL DOES NOT HAVE TO FOLLOW AND BANKING LAWS LIKE OTHER COMPANIES ARE REQUIRED TO THAT HANDLE CREDIT CARDS. TO ME I THINK EBAY AND PAY PAL ARE GETTIGN TO BIG AND THEY TRY TO CONTROL TOO MUCH. REMEMBER PAY PAL IS A 3RD PARTY, BEST WAY IS TO USE YOUR CARD THRU A MERCHANT ACCOUNT AND THE BANKS THEN IF THERE IS A DISPUTE THE ONLY FUNDS THAT ARE IN JEPARDY IS THE INITIAL SALE AMOUNT ONLY. PAY PAL WILL FREEZE YOPUR ACCOUNT WITH 3,000.00 IN IT OVER A 25.00 DISPUT. WITH PAY PAL YOUR ARE GUILTY IMMEDIATLY IF YOU ARE THE SELLER.
WELL BIDPAY WENT UNDER IN JANUARY. BUT THE WAY PAY PAL OPERATES THE SELLER IS ALWAYS ATTACKED. PAY PAL DOES NOTHING FOR THE SELLER. EVERYONE NEEDS TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMINSSION. YOU CAN FIND ALL THE INFORMATION IN WWW.PAYPALSUCKS.COM

quote:
Originally posted by wunder_stieg:
Not only are you guilty you can't defend yourself. Once they do something you can not defend yourself. You can get all the proof of delivery that is available and somehow once your in dispute it was the wrong one or you did it wrong what ever you lose. It is rumored that google is setting up an auction site if this is true I think there will be a mass exodous from both eBay and PayPal. I know I will be gone. It would be great if Google started a pay service too. But I think that bidpay and stormpay would increase market share dramatically if google does open an auction site.
quote:
Originally posted by sellalot48:
I have this same exact problem , they linked us via phone numbers , he had set up an account a couple years back when we were together , using our home phone number , i had an account i had set up 3-4 years ago and never used , i had sold under the name he had because i honestly didnt know my name or pw on my account , when we split he called and they gave him the account , canceled my paypal card ,he kept the money i had in there and i could no longer access the ebay or paypal ,well i went and got my account info and started selling again (single mom , its my only means of support) , and around xmas time they froze my account ,i had some shipping problems , i faxed them proof items were shipped & delivered , they wanted my supplier info & invoices (no im not a dropshipper), i didnt like it but gave them that , everything was supposed to be fixed within 24 hours , it wasnt , i called .they said i was responsible for his account which was -$166 due to him shipping something that broke , now mind you he lives 200 miles away , and i dunno if he changed the phone # or not but NOW i am responsible for his actions ??
i explained , begged , cried , cursed for an hour and they refuse to listen , i demanded that if i pay it , i want his account , his feedback (which was mostly mine from when we were together ) and his name taken off the account entirely or closed , well thats not going to happen , but im going to have to pay his bill , i have no choice , im working around it right now , not going to say how because eyes might be lurking ,i have always been a supporter of ebay and paypal , but i feel like i have been backstabbed 3 times over !
divorce isnt final and i have made sure this issue is in the decree , i doubt it will change it but one has to have hope
What are our options??? If someone could outline several options for other payments methods besides paypal, I would look into it very seriously. Always have a back up. They did the same thing to me and froze my account. I had several thousands of $$$ in it. The reason being....the phone number. I had moved, did not update my number and they froze the account. It was very hard for me to get my account unfrozen!

If we had alternatives....a switch could be made. When companies like ebay and paypal get really big....you think the government is bad....big corporate America is worse!
I've read the posts, and I feel for all of you who have been burned, but when it comes down to it, PayPal offers the best prices and services, all in one place. I've looked at many different merchant accounts, and what it boils down to is this: I'll risk getting screwed out of a little money now and again from PayPal, based on how much I save from using them. Not to mention, sellers in general, only trust PayPal. Polls I've taken support this; many won't even purchase by any means other than PayPal. It's a love/hate relationship, but it is good for business.
quote:
Originally posted by cavaleriesoldaat:
I've read the posts, and I feel for all of you who have been burned, but when it comes down to it, PayPal offers the best prices and services, all in one place. I've looked at many different merchant accounts, and what it boils down to is this: I'll risk getting screwed out of a little money now and again from PayPal, based on how much I save from using them. Not to mention, sellers in general, only trust PayPal. Polls I've taken support this; many won't even purchase by any means other than PayPal. It's a love/hate relationship, but it is good for business.

I do agree ,its the most trusted way for payments and i dont think i would use anything else to pay for something i bought , but i also think they use this against you , being that what other choice do i have except to keep accpeting paypal , i have to pay his account off , there is no option , they have a monopoly on online payments , i love that its so convenient , and the click and ship , but they are alienating many buyers and sellers alike , and i do believe if google was to start an online payment plan to go with its auction plan , it would be bigger than ebay/paypal in no time .
im very tempted to contact a lawyer and ask what my rights and responsibilities are in this matter , because i suspect im being forced to pay for a debt that is not legally mine since they decided the paypal and ebay account was his , i could understand it if me and him both hadnt called trying to get control of the account , i believed it should be mine , he thought it should be his , they decided it was his , so why the hell should i have to pay ? and whats to stop him from doing it again ?
on the other hand if i ever wish to wreak havoc on someones life it will be simple !
Propay's good for a merchant account. Less than a lot of other places. Found out about this when I was selling silver at fairs. Limit $1000 taken in per month. Never hit that limit myself, so I don't know how you'd raise it. But for $45/year + 3.50% + $0.35 per transaction, I can take MC/Visa and Discover. Just zipped over to their site--they've added Amex, too. It's not a bad alternative, compared to some merchant accounts I've seen that require hundreds of dollars and higher fees.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.