Skip to main content

i've been finding TONS of phony ebay (and some paypal) messages lately... what i'm wondering is, what gets someone targeted for phishing, is it random, or what?? i've of course forwarded them to the spoof email addys ebay and pp have, but my hotmail junk empties quickly and i don't check it often. is it going to be a problem if don't see them to report them, or what? should i check regularly to see if there are any? and hey, never thought i'd say it, but hats off to my hotmail acct. for finding all the lil buggers and keeping me clear of them!!
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

SmileHello, and I first have to tell you that I have been on eBay for 3 years (the last year serious), but, I am still learning and I am not at expert at anything, but here is my two cents on this subject. I notice that spoofs comes in cycles--either I get many of them or they lay low for a while, then crop up again. And, they are so professional at what they do you must be sure that you don't answer them until you know!! I do try to forward them to eBay or Paypal, but, sometimes I can't because of time! Best of luck to you.
If you look at the spoofs all the time and are familiar with them then it might be a good idea to forward any that are new to you. But otherwise, other people are already forwarding them every day.

The main thing is to never click on links in any supposedly "official" e-mail. Any legitimate business from PayPal, eBay or whoever should be able to be taken care of from their site.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.