Skip to main content

Hi. I just joined today, and I've noticed that on the pricing page it says that I can get 3 pictures for free on auctiva. How does that work? Won't eBay charge me for having multiple pictures when a listing goes up? Or is there a way to have more pictues on my auctiva store without it being sent up on ebay?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi,

Using Auctiva's templates and associated image groupings, you can embed as many as 24 pictures/images (and more with use of the listing editor's toolbar). They are placed in the Description section of the listing, which avoids eBay's picture hosting fees.

That's why you see those interesting Thumbnail or Slideshow presentations on Auctiva members' listings with the pictures placed whereever the member chooses (and not at the bottom where eBay places theirs).

Danno
quote:
is there a way to get rid of the picture ebay puts at the bottom of screen?

Auctiva Forum member GTL has a nifty little piece of JavaScript he inserts in his listings to delete the picture after 300 miliseconds. I really don't want to repost the code, as eBay has announced they are going to disallow Java scripts with their new coding rules. If you know how and where to look, you'll find it. Wink

Danno
Hi czdepot,

When you are creating a listing through Auctiva and are using a header and/or gallery image, the image you are using as your header/gallery image must be submitted to eBay's photo hosting service. When this occurs, it causes eBay to place that image at the bottom of your listing, which is the spot eBay hosted photos are always placed.

On the other hand, if you aren't using a header or gallery image, that additional image will not be placed below the template. I'm not sure if there is a way to prevent that eBay hosted image from being displayed when you are using a header/gallery image, but it may be a good idea to contact eBay's customer support team to make sure.

Any additional questions or concerns? Please feel free to contact our customer support team using the appropriate link on our help page: http://www.auctiva.com/free-auction-software-help/help.aspx

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.