Skip to main content

My computer just told me to update Java to release 51 so I did, now when trying to load applet provided by auctiva, it is telling me, Unknown publisher and with a name of 8.0.49. I have a feeling, it is the fact that your java applet is not signed for 51, could you please adivse. Trying to use MSIE 11.

I am attaching photos to help explain what I am up against.




Last edited {1}
Original Post
Dear Ron & Deb,

Thanks for contributing to our forum.

I am not aware of any technical difficulties on our site of things that would explain why you are receiving this series of errors, but I did some research with respect to this line of messaging recently and I believe you may be able to work around the issue by updating the following settings within your Internet Explorer browser:

1) Select “Internet Options” from the “Tools” (gear icon) menu
2) Click the “Security” tab
3) Click the “Trusted Sites” icon in the section labeled “Select a zone to view or change security settings”
4) Click the “Sites” button below
5) Enter “https://www.auctiva.com” in the “Add this website to the zone” field and click the “Add” button
6) Click the “Close” button
7) Click the “Custom Level” button in the “Security level for this zone” section
8) In the Active X section, ensure the following settings are set to “enabled”: Run ActiveX and plug-ins, Download Signed ActiveX Control and Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting
9) Then, ensure the following settings are set to “prompt”: Download unsigned ActiveX Control and Initialize and script ActiveX controls not mark as safe
10) Click the “OK” button to close the first window
11) Click the “Apply” button then the “OK” button to close the second window
12) Close and reopen your Internet Explorer browser to ensure the new settings take effect


I am not quite sure why the latest Java update would cause your copy of Internet Explorer to start blocking the Active X component used on this page, but I did work with another user a couple weeks ago who was receiving the same errors and he/she ended up reporting that installing Java directly from http://www.java.com/en/ resolved the problem.

Therefore, you also may want to try removing any instances of Java you currently have installed and then re-installing the latest version directly from the Java website to see if that does the trick.

I regret that I cannot offer you a more definitive solution, but hopefully one of these ideas will help.

-Mike
Thanks for that, but just figured it out. I had to totally remove Java with Recuva and then reinstall it the SE51 version. Now everything is working fine. Originally, It had updated from 45 to 51 and something definitely was messed up with it. Problem solved. I had tried your info above before you had responded and it did not work. Even tried to uninstall and reinstall ie11, nothing. Then just totally working out java from the system, scrubbing the registry for stuff left over and then did a clean install and all looked good. Once again, thanks for the offer, but the removal of java and reinstall did the trick.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×