Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi mstormy,

Thanks for sharing your experience on our forum. I just reviewed your seller search results page on eBay and I was able to see gallery images for all your active listings so it appears that either the problem which was causing this has been resolved or something on your end is blocking you from being able to see these images.

If you are still unable to see the gallery images in your listings, the first thing I recommend trying which has the potential to resolve the problem is to clear your browser cache while only one window/tab is opened and then close and reopen your web browser.

If you cannot see your gallery images after trying this measure, I recommend contacting eBay's customer support team for further assistance with the matter. I hope this helps!

-Mike
Hi Community,

Thanks for helping to bring this issue to our attention. We have a received a number of reports of this nature since yesterday afternoon and, based on what we have seen so far, it appears there is a problem on the eBay side of things that is preventing them from creating gallery images from some externally hosted image URL's.

In each of the cases of this nature we have reviewed so far, the image that was submitted to eBay as the header/gallery image is showing up in the header area but is not showing up in the gallery, which is indicative that eBay has the image URL but has not been able to make the copy for display in the gallery.

We are in the process of putting together the examples we have received so we can file a support case with eBay's Developer Support team about the issue and hopefully it will be resolved soon. If you are still experiencing this problem, I recommend contacting eBay's customer support team as well.

-Mike
I DID call ebay and they confirmed that it was on their end and are "working on it." This was several hours ago and still no pics for me. I'd recommend, if it's happening to you, to also call. The more people bugging them about it, perhaps they'll get it done. The person I spoke to said i was the third person she'd spoken to with the issue.
Hi Community,

We just received an update on this issue from eBay's Developer Support team and they have assured us that this should no longer happen with new listings posted after this point. However, unfortunately, they also informed us that they likely will not be able to do anything to create these missing gallery images in bulk.

Based on the last comment that “frijolie" posted to this thread, it seems possible that they may change their approach and come up with a method to go back and correct these problems in bulk based on reports of the issue submitted by sellers.

If you have a relatively small numbers of listings that are missing gallery images, you should be able to correct the problem in those listings fairly easily using the eBay tool that can be accessed using the following link: http://cgi5.ebay.com/ws1/eBayI...ayGalleryImagePageV3

If you have a large number of missing gallery images and it is not feasible to fix them using this tool, I recommend contacting eBay's customer support team to see if they have any more efficient solutions that can be used on a case by case basis.

I will keep you all posted if I receive any new information about this situation.

-Mike
This problems has become worse and is now affecting images and auctions posted before April 30th. It seems like it is affecting images at random and the gallery image fix link posted does not fix the problem. Some images are also showing up in gallery images at a smaller size.
I am incredibly disappointed over this problem and feel that it is costing me a lot of money. It's unacceptable and if it persists, it's the straw that broke the camel's back. I've experienced too many problems and weird issues with your website. I would like a deadline to be posted when this problem will be fixed. Someone needs to take accountability, rather than saying it's ebay's problem and that it is being worked on. This problem is now in day 3 and has worsened. I understand that this issue has been addressed by many people and that some attention is being dedicated to it, but no answer as to how or why this happened or when exactly we can expect it to be fixed? Should I take my listings down and eat the fees? Seemingly that would be less of a loss than running auctions as they are now with no gallery picture. I want resolutions, not excuses.
I am not sure that the poster above yours is talking about ebay (been told not to use names). I think he is referring to auctiva support NOT ebay. Not sure perhaps he can clear that up.

I am not 100% sure ebay can take entire fallout from this, yes, they made some changes, major ones, but not all 3rd party vendors are having these problems from what I have been told. I can understand issues once they are launched onto ebay perhaps being ebays issues or unknown responsibility issues, but issues with form we use to actually build the listing itself, I doubt are ebay. (but what do I know. .) Just saying...

No matter what, it is a game of NOT ME!!
Last edited by lookandbuyme

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.